WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Allie - don't second guess yourself. You will know deep in your heart if Tom is cheating on you.
    Heather in UK - i'm your polar opposite - I can't send to wear socks no matter how cold it is, even in winter.

Hugs everyone. Take care.
    Paula Y
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Today (Thurs) did Bob Harper's Pure Burn DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

KJ - the plan that we were trying to do was to give Denise a budget, let her learn how expensive things are. But Pete's mother blew that totally out of the water. Buying this and that, not talking to Denise or me before she does anything. Denise just told me that she got the girls these tote bags and had their names embroidered on them. That was very nice, but I think she should have asked Denise's opinion before she did it. Admitted, Denise would probably have said "that's a great idea", but I think she still should have asked. Denise just told me that the mother did send back the robes she got (hmmm...thought she couldn't <snicker>) and ordered other robes for the bridesmaids that matched what Denise got Jess. Finally she agreed that they looked nicer than the two different styles. The cake your daughter had sounds really neat. Denise saw this nice robe for her with the "bride" embroidered in dark purple. Since that's her color, that would have looked really nice. Only his mother had already bought a robe for her.

Vicki - one thing about that dress, it sheds glitter EVERYWHERE! One of the reviews said it did, but none of the other reviews said anything about it so I assumed it was just that one particular person. But that dress sheds

Volunteered at the Green Room today then went to Aldi to do a little shopping. They have grapes on sale, but they didn't have any. I'll probably go later in the week, also to get things for the bowling party that we'll be hosting next Friday. Then stopped at Habitat for Humanity (you never know what you'll find) and bought 2 DVD's (not that I need more). Actually, one of them was never opened.

Went to the mall and got spanx to wear under the dress. I just don't really care for how it seems to hug my middle. The only other size they had was 2 sizes up and I was afraid to alter it that much. Then I got shoes, not sure if that's the right size or not, but I can always return them. I needed them for the height of the shoe.

Next Thurs. I'm not volunteering at the Green Room so I'll take my dress to the lady to do the alterations. Before that I have a dentist appt (oh joy)

We have a Crawdads (baseball) game to go to tomorrow with the Newcomers. They have a "catered" dinner (greasy hamburgers, greasy chili, you get the idea). Every year they do this I take my own food, and this year will be no different

dana - congrats on the butter!

katie - breathe deeply. I know how scary that can be. One time they thought my mammo was "off" and by the time I was able to have another one, I had myself convinced that my breasts were hurting. It's most likely, like you say, nothing.

Beth - what an interesting wedding cake. I never saw one like it. It's really pretty

Allie - this lawyer might cost more, but you get what you pay for, and you'll most likely get better representation. So sorry Tom is on your case

Ann from TN - welcome. Just start walking a little bit, each day at a little more and a little more. Before you know it, you'll be walking great distances

machka - so relieved that things are benign

Lisa - what a great cake, very inventive using PVC covered pipe. PVC can be used for so many things it seems. Hope these guys intersted in the warehouse works out for you

Welcome everyone new!

pip - happy birthday

Heather - beautiful flowers. A friend gave me a tree (baby tree). Wel, my brown thumb pulled thru again. She gave it to me thinking that since we have so much property, we could plant it. That's not going to happen :(

Allie - I would tell the lawyer. What's the worst thing that can happen? The lawyer doesn't use it? No harm in just telling.

Michele in NC
    -
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sorry, late to the party. had a kitten that I had to get and spend some time with. All about that later.

Allie, you can do this. Tell the lawyer everything. They know what to do with the knowledge or even get a supeana (sp?) for his phone. I am so sorry it has all led to this. I know you didn't want it to. Remember, you did not fail, he did.

Pip, Happy Birthday. Knowing you, you did not take today off at all.

Love the wedding cakes. I can't remember how much we spent on our cake. All I can remember is that our photo package was the most expensive part of the wedding. And it was a small package. My dress was $99.

Well we got our kitty. We had to wait awhile at the office as there were other people there. They had him ready so I went ahead and opened up his cage and got him out. He has one powerful purr. If he meowed to much, I just turned him over and held him close with his little legs up and rubbed his belly and off to sleep he would go. I had read articles about how to introduce Melody and everyone seemed to say have the new one in a separate space for a couple of days. Melody has really been trying to go in the room where I have been setting up his space. When we are out and get back home, she is always at the door to meet us. But not tonight. She was in my room which I guess was a good thing though. So I just put the pet carrier on the bed with the door closed. They did the nose to nose thing and little one was the one that hissed but only once. So I took her in the office and closed the door and let him out. It was like letting a kid in a candy store! Running around, jumping on things, tail up in the air. I already had the toys set up so he was having a good time. But when I picked him up, back to the purr. So far so good. Right now I have left him there and in the living room. I dont' hear ay meowing so I guess I am OK. I had voiced that I am so used to calling a cat a her that it was going to be hard to get used to calling this one a he. So Charlie suggested we call him Mr. Mozart. But Melody has been ignoring me. I tried to hold her and although she didn't fight to get off my lap, she didn't want to be there.

Wish up luck tonight. I will again put Mr. Mozart in the carrier and introduce them tomorrow. I may open the door.

Joyce, Indiana
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Finally made it to Cheyenne (Wyoming). The flight was 50 minutes late and I hit bad traffic due to rush hour an accident.
    The weather was stormy driving north from Denver.
    DD#1 fixed a big salad for me and they had spaghetti too, so I had a little of that. I still came in under 1200 calories! I was surprised!

Penny I enjoyed your pictures of the North Pole area. I have read that the earth has shifted on its axis to 23 degrees causing melting of the poles.
    I know our climate is much warmer too. I'm not to sure if people are causing climate change or not. I need to do more reading.

Becca I love your attitude!! Have fun or don't do it! I love to laugh. It feels great to laugh!

Dana in Arkansas
    Out by Fort Collins. Very windy!!
    xw9b5cse1vx7.jpg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Katla - so glad the new lens is already making an improvement in the headache, Hooray!!!

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! The results were a huge relief!

I still have to go back and see my oncologist in 6 months to check things again, but that's OK too. At least if something does come up again, I know he'll deal with it immediately.

Now to try to get back into exercising again.

Because there are no external incisions, I keep thinking that I should be fine ... but I've been really tired and somewhat nauseated all week, and just not up to doing a whole bunch of exercise. However, I've been doing a little bit of walking and plan to attempt some cycling this weekend.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    bowling-fall-smiley-emoticon.gif made me think of Terri - hope she's doing well <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    PIP - happy birthday

MACHKA - great news on results

BECCA - you are so right about laughter. I love reading your posts, you have a great outlook

HEATHER - I love fuschias too, I have 3 in pots which are quite a few years old now

PENNY - love the photos, more please

Welcome newbies, hugs to those who need them and applause for successes of all kinds

Will do 45 min exercise vid and KB swings plus on day 22 of squat challenge then go food shopping. DH and I hate this but needs must. Weather is gorgeous here sat in the garden yesterday afternoon will probably do the same today.

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kate wow that shirt is waking me up! What a happy color!!

Ah joy, Today i have a working visit with a former student, and watch her teach a little, interact with my students and have a general catch up-I'm blessed.

I am not really packed for this D.C. Getaway, I've got to plan food carefully, don't want to get caught hungry out on the road. Lots of fruit, nuts even gonna pack an avocado as that is an awesome hunger stopper-but high in calories.

We are planning on some of our favorite old haunts , a chance to reconnect and remember - stay strong everyone.

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I only slept for 7 hrs.. but thats ok..
    Hope everyone will be enjoying Memorial Day weekend, even though the weather will be less than Stellar this weekend, can't wait to get up to N.H.to fall asleep on a screened in porch listening to the waves at night, the fresh air.. and quality time with my family
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Pip: Happy Birthday

DrKatiebug: thinking of you and good results!

Becca: Love your philosophy!

Weighed this morning and I am back where I was before the trip. Glad to know I can splurge reasonably once in a while and still stay on track! Sometimes I wonder if I am willing the pounds away!
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    PIP Happy belated, hope you had a great day and all my best for the next year!

TGIF is all I have!

Sarah, Ontario <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday! Up close to my regular time this morning to get my DYS off to work. He got a promotion to a supervisor position and his hours are CRAZY! He worked a 3:30-12 shift last night, and was scheduled a 7am-3:30pm shift today! Maybe it is like they are testing him to see if he can still do a great job and be low on sleep? Ah well, he is only 23, so I am sure he can handle it.
    Still dealing with the headaches in the mornings (past three mornings). They go away when I get up, take some Tylenol, and get moving; but I don't like waking up feeling so crappy. It's like having a hangover and not drinking the night before. Maybe it is the weather. It has been overcast/rainy.
    No kids today! Yea! I took the day, so that I could have a four day weekend. Today, I will be mowing the front and back yards, building and putting in my sandbox, and taking apart my picnic table (it has a couple of planks that need replacing).
    Penny- Wow! What a hike! Beautiful pictures and it looks like it was a wonderful day! Yes, the view/distance is deceiving. If you hadn't said 30 miles away, I would have guessed 7-10 miles away. Just stunning!
    Machka- So happy you are in the clear; remember to be kind to yourself and give yourself the time you need to recover.
    Lisa- Great call on the article from former boss! Sometime's it's hard to see the forest for the trees. That was probably your bosses problem. Too close to something to see it for what it really was/wasn't. Still keeping you and the house/warehouse situation in my thoughts and prayers.
    Kate - I love the bright yellow shirt! The color makes me happy and you did a wonderful job!

DD's upcoming visit is starting to give me stress. Or rather, DH's issues with her visit. We (DD and I) have invited family and friends over for a potluck dinner on Sunday evening. DH is uncomfortable in social situations, even if it is mainly family. So he is coming up with all kinds of excuses as to why we can't do this here, at our house. Our yard does need some sprucing up. We will have to borrow some tables, and perhaps a canopy of some sort. But the yard work and repairs to picnic table, and back stair well is all on my spring/summer to do list. I look at it as an opportunity to get this stuff done. I work well with a deadline. His stress and pessimism causes me stress. I have spent the last couple days trying to put out his little mental "stress fires". I am starting a gratitude journal this morning. Just going to write two or three things each day that I am grateful for; because I am finding it increasingly difficult to stay positive with Mr. Negative shooting down so much in life. Anyone else have any ideas for how to deal with negativity from a spouse/child/relative? Pessimism is toxic. I hear people say "get rid of the toxic people in your life" or have even had friends say "you have a life to live, don't let him do that to you". Although it is wearing and stressful, I don't think pessimism and depression is grounds for divorce. At least, not for me. I am pretty sure he is reacting to the pressures of life/work and he just doesn't react to it the way I do. So...any ideas? Not necessarily to change him; but to help me handle it. A special soap to wash it off? A magic pill? ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Michelle ~ I am curious! What kind of robes are being ordered? What are they for?

Joyce ~ Have fun with the new kitty. Love it when they are purring and friendly. I am sure Melody will take over being the boss soon.

Lisa ~ You sing in addition to all your other talents. God has blessed you richly.

Dana ~ Those dark clouds look menacing. Enjoy your visit.

Kelly ~ I am the one who stresses in my family. My husband doesn't care a bit about fixing things in our home and about the only way I can get things done is to throw money at it and pay someone else to do it. Right now our rooms need painting and the baths need a make over, but, I after painting the entire inside of the rental house last summer I am just not up to it. Oh, to be 10 years younger.

We don't have any plans for the weekend. We were invited up to my DnL's mother's but she has just moved and I just think she probably needs to just be with her children. We will probably have my widowed brother-in-law over or take him out.

Carol
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    b]Stronglift Rest Day [/b]

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-32X10X 35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    30 push-ups

May Move Your *kitten* Challenge
    We will be walking all around Duluth today!

Tonight we're going on a train ride along the shoreline of Lake Superior.

<3

Mary from Minnesota