Serial Starters

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I'm on vacation. I asked my very coherent, pink, healthy looking mom if she wanted me to stay or go away and I was told you can go because your brothers fiancé is coming. Ya thanks Mom

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been such a whirlwind week for me I promise to catch up
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm on vacation. I asked my very coherent, pink, healthy looking mom if she wanted me to stay or go away and I was told you can go because your brothers fiancé is coming. Ya thanks Mom

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been such a whirlwind week for me I promise to catch up

Ali, enjoy vacation! So glad you were able to go after all -- you definitely needed the time to refresh and rejuvenate.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Woke up a little early with paper delivery. Air quality good enough to open windows finally, so decided to air out place instead of trying for a little more sleep before breakfast. Not really cool out but place has been shut up about a week.

Ali - so glad you can take vacation - thank god for your brother's fiance!!

Fruit / veg box this morning. Will roast some vegetables this weekend.

Will lurk from work. TGIF almost forgot. Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - I was thinking if you could get someone to create a week/2 weeks worth of meals that would make your life a little easier..... not a permanent cook, at least not until you win the Lottery
  • enichols147
    enichols147 Posts: 13 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Kathryn - yes, there is a list and that is where I found Pacer...I tried S Health... it was pretty much the same as MFP and I was spending a lot of time logging both... seemed too much to me.. I don't really think the other Apps are right for me...I have Googled free step Apps, but they don't sync with MFP...I would love to get a Fit Bit... just can't afford it...I cleared out some things on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled Pacer... it is working, for now... thanks for the suggestions... think I just need a better phone...hahaha

I said the same thing about buying a fitbit, then I found out about Misfit and bought one immediately. I'm a college student and can't afford most stuff that comes my way, so I bought the cheapest one($10). It tracks my sleep, steps and certain workout (running, biking, tennis, etc). It syncs with my S Health and MFP, so when I log my food or exercise on MFP it goes to my Misfit and S Health. The sleep tracking goes to my S Health which is really accurate. You can probably start off at the $10 one then upgrade. I said I'd upgrade when I get a little change in my pocket because I love it
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Kathryn - yes, there is a list and that is where I found Pacer...I tried S Health... it was pretty much the same as MFP and I was spending a lot of time logging both... seemed too much to me.. I don't really think the other Apps are right for me...I have Googled free step Apps, but they don't sync with MFP...I would love to get a Fit Bit... just can't afford it...I cleared out some things on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled Pacer... it is working, for now... thanks for the suggestions... think I just need a better phone...hahaha

I said the same thing about buying a fitbit, then I found out about Misfit and bought one immediately. I'm a college student and can't afford most stuff that comes my way, so I bought the cheapest one($10). It tracks my sleep, steps and certain workout (running, biking, tennis, etc). It syncs with my S Health and MFP, so when I log my food or exercise on MFP it goes to my Misfit and S Health. The sleep tracking goes to my S Health which is really accurate. You can probably start off at the $10 one then upgrade. I said I'd upgrade when I get a little change in my pocket because I love it

Thanks... never heard of those... do they have them in stores or online? The prob with phone, is I don't always have it... so, I miss a lot of steps some days...I thought with FitBit, I would always have it on...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,961 Member

Sara - The scale has been showing me some ugly numbers the past couple of days.....so no rewards right now. Yes, money is very tight - August 6, 2016 was the last day I worked. Thank goodness for some disability benefits.

I was thinking of what would be a good reward for reaching Onederland or reaching my Halfway Point. That's what made me think of a cruise, which is my all-time favorite thing for a vacation. However, first the huge pot belly needs to be whittled down quite a bit.

Ali - glad you can go on vacation!

Everyone else, have a great weekend!~~

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Friday

So tired! Have not gotten enough sleep this week - or eaten well. Going grocery shopping tonight. Starting Phase 1 of South Beach Diet tomorrow and am committed to 2 full weeks on Phase 1. I'm telling myself to take it one day at a time and before I know it, two weeks will be done - my sugar habit will be under control - and I'll be able to stay on Phase 2 until I reach my goal. I have to take control and stop acting like a victim here. I think I'll plan to weigh myself and take my waist measurement this weekend and then go from there. But I cannot cave in or give up this time. Trying not to think so negatively about myself as I believe I may be back up to 165 or higher - which is 20 lbs higher than my lowest weight about 3 years ago. :( Why did I do this to myself?

But I can lose this weight if I monitor my intake honestly and get moving more.

Lana - I like your idea of a mid-reward goal of a cruise. For myself, I am making myself wait to read a new book I got until I lose 10 lbs. (which means I'll have to stand on the scale one of these days and face the music.) My husband hid the book from me so I can't cheat!

enichols - Thanks for the information on the Misfit. My 13 year old daughter has been asking for a Fitbit but I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money on her. I'll have to check these out.

Ali - glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Will lurk from work.

Annie

• AliNouveau
    Welcome to beautiful Sooke British Columbia
    We talked to my mom. She's tired but doing well.
    rvijdqsbtqjw.jpg
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi I hope everyone is doing well, so glad to see new faces, welcome! :)

Sorry I have been really busy lately with work and home life & haven't gotten the chance to check in. Will try to catch up on everyone's posts over the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend best wishes and waves to all! :)

Saltine
  • Tilliesmommy1
    ali - will burn my pine scented wax so I can commune with you.

at work sshhh bbl
  • enichols147
    enichols147 Posts: 13 Member
    These are sold online and at some stores I believe. I got mine online. You keep it on everyday no charging necessary because the battery lasts for about 6 months. You can buy the batteries in bulk at Wal-Mart for about $6.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Frozen lasagna for dinner. I could not handle anything more complicated. Finally got postcards from my father's visit to Italy (only 1 month late....).

Tomorrow's routine is normal - just add dog to groomers. Will take knitting to work hopefully in a comfortable chair....

I remembered today a trick from WW - get a "to go" box with the meal when you eat out, take to go box home, that creates 2 meals out of 1. Need to enact that one more often.

Good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Finally cool enough to open windows! Dog is up and fed. She eats the other "canned" food I got at store which is good to know, just in case I run out of liverwurst again.

Will stop by after errands. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • LanaCabana537

I have managed to get a head cold! I promise that I will not give it to any of you.

Ali - pretty photo. Glad about your mother.
    Sara - good reminder about the "to-go box"

*waving to Cabana Boy for more coffee*

BBL

Lana
  • AliNouveau
    Oh no Lana. Summer colds suck.

I love liverwurst but only on rye bread

I'm up way too early. I'm not good with time differences
  • LanaCabana537

Ever since I've come back from North Carolina, I have not been on track.
    SO....
    I just finished doing up my MFP Food Diary for the day - it is printed up. Everything I need is already in the house.

One for the guide book: I have a hunch my bestie who lives next door will want to go out to dinner, and if he calls later, I will tell him either NO, or he's welcome to come here for dinner and I'll make same thing for him except bigger portion, but NO will be NO.

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    Happy Saturday!

Unusually glorious day for August in DC - low 80s, no humidity. Hope to do some hiking later as have been stuck inside all week with no exercise (not looking forward to the scale tomorrow!).

Hope you're all enjoying your Saturdays as well. Will check back in later.

Tess
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Tess~~

I was surprised when I went out for my walk today--same in NYC. Low humidity - nice breeze barely 80 degrees. A gift from the gods.

IPhone says I walked 2.2 miles.

Starving now......

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    Hi Tess~~

I was surprised when I went out for my walk today--same in NYC. Low humidity - nice breeze barely 80 degrees. A gift from the gods.

IPhone says I walked 2.2 miles.

Starving now......

Lana

2.2 miles, Lana -- good for you! Finally getting out myself; you've inspired me.

Tess