Weird things you do with food

Replies

• curvesfordays8907
    curvesfordays8907 Posts: 52 Member
    I despise ketchup and only use it if I'm eating McDonald's fries.
    I love mozzarella cheese sticks dipped in cocktail sauce.
    BBQ sauce in Mac and cheese
    I hate mixing sweet and savory like a mcgriddle or Maple sausage.
    I can eat black and green olives all day.
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2017
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I like ketchup on most things especially eggs and I like salsa on eggs. No one in my house likes either of those.

Salsa on eggs is the best!

GREEN salsa...For some reason I like the sourness of it.
    Totinos frozen pizzas in the microwave.....the crust gets gooey....scrap off and eat the toppings with a fork....then roll the crust and chomp away. My husband gags lol

Warm chocolate cake in a bowl with milk poured on it....kinda like warm cereal? I HATE icing so this works well. My grandma started this.

I love limburger (spelling?) cheese....I will eat it plain without anything else!!!!

Any raw dough....pizza dough, pie dough, cookie dough. Raw pancake batter, cake batter...whatever. Love it!!!!
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    McDonald's ice cream and chips combo is always a winner in my book. I am a big fan of the sweet/salty combo in general.

My OH will only have his plain French Toast with Ketchup. Apparently that's normal for him and I'm the weird one for having maple syrup!
  • RedwoodCoast
    RedwoodCoast Posts: 107 Member
    To those who love bacon with their peanut butter: this isn't so weird. In fact, for a while back in the 60's, you could buy peanut butter with "bacon bits" already mixed in. I think it was a Skippy product. The bacon bits were actually flavored soy, which was quite novel back then, but I remember really liking the flavor combination -- especially on crackers. Is anyone else old enough to remember this? Was it maybe just a Minnesota thing?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Becca_250 wrote: »
    McDonald's ice cream and chips combo is always a winner in my book. I am a big fan of the sweet/salty combo in general.

My OH will only have his plain French Toast with Ketchup. Apparently that's normal for him and I'm the weird one for having maple syrup!

Really not weird :p delicious though! Sweet/salty is probably my favourite combo.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Marinated raw steak. Chop up steak into 1/2" cubea, Lime juice and chives, set for an hour. Nibble nibble nibble
    Steak tartare. Not strange. I do this with mahi-mahi as well.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hot sauce on pineapples.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    I do the mix-it-all-up with leftovers and dump on top of salad greens almost every day for lunch. Cottage cheese on top of anything savory, especially Italian.

Here's a few from my childhood that I don't do anymore, but great food memories:

Cake milk - especially chocolate cake with milk to make a big bowl of yummy glop
    Popcorn popped in bacon grease
    Tacos with peanut butter, cheese and ground beef
    Grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in cold chocolate milk
    Frozen cookies snuck out of the freezer when mom wasn't looking

From my grandson - Strawberries and grapes dipped in hummus.
    From my husband - leftover mac and cheese on an onion bun (carb overload sandwich).

I also used to eat Reese's peanut butter cups and Heath bars like others have described Kit-Kats. All the outside chocolate until you just have the inside peanut butter disc or toffee bar left, then nibble away. Ahhh, the memories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Lemon juice and granulated sugar on pancakes

Salsa on eggs

Vegemite, lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches

Orange juice on my cereal instead of milk
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited August 2017
    idk if they're 'food', but definitely the one i'm least likely to let the average member of the public catch me doing.

if i have a box of smarties, i like warm them gently via body heat, and then bite the world's tiniest hole in the edge of each shell and use something like a paper clip to hollow them out. for one thing, you can make a box of smarties go a LONG way doing that . . . and for another i really love it when i've gotten all the chocolate out of teh way and i have a whole box' worth of empty smartie shells.

because those are basically the best part of smarties.

eta: i'll do the same kind of thing to those dipped cones from dairy queen, although not with a paper clip. obviously. and that's another perversity, i suppose. i LIKE that pseudo-chocolate that they dip those cones in.
  • livingleanlivingclean

Salsa on eggs

This is how I was brought up to eat pancakes/crepes, and a common topping at creperies..it's delicious!
  • Alatariel75

Salsa on eggs

This is how I was brought up to eat pancakes/crepes, and a common topping at creperies..it's delicious!

I love it and never thought it was weird until I went to the USA and everyone freaked out!
  • livingleanlivingclean

Salsa on eggs

I love it and never thought it was weird until I went to the USA and everyone freaked out!

Haha.... Perhaps they are the weird ones :)

My European friends freaked out at Fairy Bread. They couldn't understand the amazingness of 100s & 1000s on buttered white bread! :p
  • Alatariel75

Salsa on eggs

Haha.... Perhaps they are the weird ones :)

My European friends freaked out at Fairy Bread. They couldn't understand the amazingness of 100s & 1000s on buttered white bread! :p

Haahaa yeah, no one really gets fairy bread but us.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I..... Peel and Eat.... Whole Eggs :)

GASP! *clutchespearlsandfansself*

Yeap. I am weird like that. Not just egg whites. Whole damn egg and proud of it :) lol

That's supposed to be odd? I thought that was pretty normal...
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    When I have cereal, I leave it in the milk for so long it's basically soup. Yum.
  • Alatariel75
    iamunicoon wrote: »
    When I have cereal, I leave it in the milk for so long it's basically soup. Yum.

You reminded me of a recipe I have for a cake (its for Froot Loops but you can use anything) where you pour the milk over the cereal, leave it for an hour, then strain it and use the sugary cereal milk for the cake. Delish.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Chunky peanut butter on hot white rice
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    iamunicoon wrote: »

You reminded me of a recipe I have for a cake (its for Froot Loops but you can use anything) where you pour the milk over the cereal, leave it for an hour, then strain it and use the sugary cereal milk for the cake. Delish.

do they bake in in the shape of froot loops? because if' not then that recipe needs adjusting.

i'm another lemon-and-sugar pancake person. that's not weird where i come from, it's ordentelik.