55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    ggeise, Look up 5X5 StrongLifts on line; you can modify the weight they recommend you lift, but keep the workouts. I've been tempted to try it; just haven't done so yet.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your positive steps.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @SharonAnderegg sounds like you've got this! Keep it up!
  • griffinca2
    Options
    @SharonAnderegg agree w/mk2; congrats on your progress! We're here for you; good luck on your journey. B)
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What a great group here! I really look forward to the support and wisdom! I hope everyone has a happy and successful day today! Tell me how you succeed in putting yourself first and keeping the focus on your goals??
  • Eleted
    Options
    Lovesretirement: Well said!!! My 63 rd bday is soon and seeing my 91 yr old mom and others that are falling and struggling with mobity does reinforce the need to keep strong and healthy! And I am working on putting my needs first!

I thought my retirement would allow for more self care but it is amazing how quickly other people and things fill up the day! NO MORE! I lost 35 lbs 2 yrs ago and kept focus , so I know I can do that again. Thank you for the pep talk.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @Eleted...taking care of a parent makes is hard because it takes an enormous amount of emotional energy, and it's easy for us to reach for food to soothe ourselves and it also leaves little time for exercise. Be patient with yourself as you strive to establish your routine.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    "Later, how much harder will it be for others to take care of us if we are all of those things, and how much earlier and for how much longer will we need them to do so because of not giving our own health some priority earlier in life?"

For sure.....during my 7 weeks of being in the immobilizer sling, my husband hfelad to do everything for me - even wash my hair. Though he tried to curl it, it was pitiful and I ended up getting it cut extremely short to where all he had to was wash it in the sink. Though as I gained some strength, he was still caring for me, doing all the shopping, 99% of the cleaning, etc. I felt so bad - hence my period of feeling sorry for myself (eating and drinking). I don't want to be in that position ever again.

• Eleted
    Options
    AnnPT: AS always, wise and eloquently stated. You are a role model for me! THANK YOU!
  • griffinca2
    Options
    Agree w/Ann!! For Polo, been there myself when I broke my wrist (the right one of course) in Dec 15 and was out of commission for over eight weeks. It takes a while, but you can make it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!