Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Plants are what my food eats.
    :D
    ... except the fish...they eat smaller fish.
    ;)

And when you die, plants will eat you.
  • jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    ;)

LMAO I guess that's only fair.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    ;)

Life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life...
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think diets are a joke and have been hijacked into a business. Don't diet, it always ends. Change your life and habits. Its harder at first but easier the rest of your life.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I think diets are a joke and have been hijacked into a business. Don't diet, it always ends. Change your life and habits. Its harder at first but easier the rest of your life.

If I don't stop dieting won't I eventually starve to death?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    work_on_it wrote: »
    ;)

Its the cirrrrrrrrcle of liiiiiiiiiiiiife.... and it moooooooves us allllllll.....

I miss you Mufasa!

When folks ask how my day is going and it's not going well, my response is, "At least I'm not food for something else yet."

What about mosquitoes?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    work_on_it wrote: »
    ;)

Its the cirrrrrrrrcle of liiiiiiiiiiiiife.... and it moooooooves us allllllll.....

I miss you Mufasa!

When folks ask how my day is going and it's not going well, my response is, "At least I'm not food for something else yet."

What about mosquitoes?

Or all the dust mites all over your home and bed?
  • bweath2
    bweath2 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Cardio is a waste of time (unless you actually enjoy it).
  • bweath2
    bweath2 Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bweath2 wrote: »

Or enjoy the stronger heart and more plentiful food.

I'll stick with my strong heart and plentiful food from weightlifting and HIIT. More bang for the buck.

Not in my experience. Can't sustain HIIT long enough to burn any meaningful amount of calories, and whatever I burn I eat back twofold or more because it increases my hunger substantially. Now don't get me wrong, no one has to do cardio (or weight lifting, or HIIT for that matter), but you can't call any form of exercise a waste of time because there are clear benefits to being active, health and otherwise.

Yes, sitting on your butt is a much greater waste of time.
    Since I don't like exercising in general, I'm going to spend the least amount of time possible to get the greatest benefit which means high intensity. I just want to get it over with so I can get back to thing I enjoy.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Or enjoy the stronger heart and more plentiful food.

I'll stick with my strong heart and plentiful food from weightlifting and HIIT. More bang for the buck.

Not in my experience. Can't sustain HIIT long enough to burn any meaningful amount of calories, and whatever I burn I eat back twofold or more because it increases my hunger substantially. Now don't get me wrong, no one has to do cardio (or weight lifting, or HIIT for that matter), but you can't call any form of exercise a waste of time because there are clear benefits to being active, health and otherwise.

Yes, sitting on your *kitten* is a much greater waste of time.
    Since I don't like exercising in general, I'm going to spend the least amount of time possible to get the greatest benefit which means high intensity. I just want to get it over with so I can get back to thing I enjoy.

And that's totally alright! It's just, this sounds more like preference than opinion.
This discussion has been closed.