Dear Dr. MFP: Are you in a conundrum? Do you need bad advice? Ask away!

Options

Replies

• nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dr. Mfp

Do you think drinking bourbon tonight and posting in the forums is a good idea?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    Dr. Mfp

This is highly encouraged behavior.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    stacj27 wrote: »
    How do I talk to a cute guy at the gym? Newly single after 9 years and I have no clue how any of this stuff works anymore!

Wait...like a real life guy? Not a mfp guy? Hmmm...this could be a tricky one
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    How do I talk to a cute guy at the gym? Newly single after 9 years and I have no clue how any of this stuff works anymore!

Yeah. No data on talking to actual people. That's just weird

Well, nuts. :blush:
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

Yeah. No data on talking to actual people. That's just weird

Well, nuts. :blush:

Ask him for an ITunes card?? IDK
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Mfp ebaby daddy won't pay support, what should I do?

I read ebaby as like a baby you'd get off eBay and my immediate thought was how do you even ship that?

Put holes in the box

Would you have to buy it a plane ticket? Or do they go in cargo...do I need saw dust in the bottom of the box

Old newspaper would be better.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Mfp ebaby daddy won't pay support, what should I do?

I read ebaby as like a baby you'd get off eBay and my immediate thought was how do you even ship that?

:heart: :heart:
    It kinda sounds like something that will be happening soon
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Don't overthink it, just be confident, polite. Make small talk, smile, make eye contact. See where it goes from there.

If this does not work then slut yourself up a bit, make sure to do provocative moves around him such as the hip abductor and make strong eye contact with him as you spread those thighs. Do the downward dog right in front of him. Those kinds of things.

Or just be like I would and be completely awkward talking about oddball stuff, spilling your whole life story then somewhere in there sticking your foot in your mouth and insulting him. I will be honest, this approach never works. I always end up friend zoned.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    Dr. Mfp

I know this was last night but the answer is always yes. Plus, I have a higher chance of getting confessions out of you! ;):D
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    You are actually really pretty good at this, joking aside
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    You are actually really pretty good at this, joking aside

LOL thank you, I have had someone else tell me that too. I told him I use to write, a lot and I do miss it. I have been toying the past few months with starting a blog but didn't know what I wanted my niche to be. I may have found it. I am still toying with it.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Dear Dr MFP,

Two part question.

1. I like her. I think she likes me. We aren't supposed to like each other. What's the best way to just let that go and forget about it?

2. Should I stop high-fiving everyone until the rash on my hands heals?

Toodles.

1. Timing is a real B sometimes, isn't it? What works for me is to find their faults. I know it sounds horrible but find those things that would drive you crazy if you were with them all the time and you will find that you are able to let it go easier. I also think about: what if I were to live with this person? Things would be way different than the flirting and fun stuff. It would be real life stuff and there would be issues coming up. It wouldn't be just the fun stuff all the time and I think when people connect on line or where ever; the fun stuff is the attraction, you start adding the real stuff and things would change.

2. Yes, you should also stop touching yourself. And see a doctor.

I'd like to click insightful, inspiring, like, awesome and woo on this post.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    Dear Dr MFP,

Two part question.

1. I like her. I think she likes me. We aren't supposed to like each other. What's the best way to just let that go and forget about it?

Toodles.

1. Timing is a real B sometimes, isn't it? What works for me is to find their faults. I know it sounds horrible but find those things that would drive you crazy if you were with them all the time and you will find that you are able to let it go easier. I also think about: what if I were to live with this person? Things would be way different than the flirting and fun stuff. It would be real life stuff and there would be issues coming up. It wouldn't be just the fun stuff all the time and I think when people connect on line or where ever; the fun stuff is the attraction, you start adding the real stuff and things would change.

Does this also work for forgetting someone who you've actually met in person and been intimate with and they suddenly ghost you and made you feel like a worthless pos?
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Was I born with it or was it maybelline?

Maybe
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Dear Dr MFP,

Two part question.

Toodles.

Does this also work for forgetting someone who you've actually met in person and been intimate with and they suddenly ghost you and made you feel like a worthless pos?

Yes. That scenario is even better because you have to keep telling yourself what an effing a-hole they are for doing that and they don't deserve any of more of your emotions wasted on them. If they can can meet you in person, be intimate then just disappear with no word leaving you feeling like crap, they are a *kitten* person and probably never showed you their true personality and integrity to start with.