Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Rained lightly last night and it will be off/on today. Regular errands today. Will help neighbor with her resume - it also stops her whining about needing to get a new job....with any luck.

Pulled pork will become tacos/burritos I am hoping I can freeze either, so it may be burritos.

Annie - my Supervisor had one open house weekend and that was enough, so I am keeping fingers crossed. Glad you have a new PT that is positive/productive.

Dawn - glad you have options with CVA. We limit ourselves more than anyone else sometimes. Take a little time to ask the pro/con of working towards a CVA and see if that helps.

Fall colder weather hit fast, and coworkers will all be sick - just watch. Jumping back under the covers.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

One eye is open.......
    Cabana Boys are bringing me another cup of coffee.......

The scale had the nerve to track all of the indulgent eating I've been doing since the flu left. Rats.

Lana

242.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - sending cards (2) keep an eye open.

Lady I am helping with her resume overslept but will go help her now.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Thanks for the heads up about cards.
    You are a good person for helping that lady with her resume. I hope it goes easily--some can be quite tangled up and need a whole re-do.

I watched two unusual films over the past couple of days on either Netflix or Amazon Prime. Both are European. They weren't "good" enough to recommend, but jeez, I guess that they had something because I find I keep thinking about them.

One was a Scandinavian family drama, heavy on the drama--Force Majeure. Definitely echoes of Ibsen and Strindberg. The other one was a tad lighter, but still odd - a Dutch film called Meet Me in Venice. That one was worth it for the armchair travel alone, but again, odd little story, odd characters.

Time to settle in with something a bit more "normal": Hidden Figures.

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - We get an extra hour to sleep tonight!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Just set my clocks back, will get the one on the wall next...... Eating a little too much, not sure I care.

Resume went okay as I explained why too much on a resume isnt productive....

Watching British TV on Acorn TV online, but time to give my eyes a rest.

Decided a birthday present was to repurchase a boxed set of a BBC comedy where some of the dvds have "broken" and it is only $60 dollars (paid twice that the first time years ago). Will wait for the Amazon gift card I should get this week from work take a $10.00 discount.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - when is or was your birthday? Did I miss it? :O
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lana, we just (re)watched Hidden Figures just last night! Love that movie.

Spent a chunk of time today cleaning out my MIL’s storage unit at her condo as they need to do work in there soon. It’s amazing how much stuff can be crammed into a pretty small space. Looks like we’ll be doing a trip to a local thrift shop to donate some gently used items.

Sara, I love the British shows, especially the comedies. Acorn has such a nice selection.

Waves to all - hope you’ve had a good Saturday.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Set my clocks back. Dog does not know the difference so at her regular time we were outside. Alarm clock set and I got a little more sleep.

Lana - my birthday is a "national secret" hehehehe - but next week. Lady at work who drives me to eye dr apt offered to take me to breakfast so I will be doing something.

Tess- glad you were able to lessen the load of goods your MIL acquired. Less to do down the road...

Same lady who drives me gave me a green sweater (we can wear similar colors) on Thursday and I wore it yesterday as it got cold here fast.... I am not beyond thrift store shopping, especially as I lose weight.....I have lost 2 dress sizes since I started WW a couple of years ago and I dont have the $$ or space to have 3 dress sizes. I knew a woman who had a 4 bedroom house and a couple of the bedrooms had her smaller sizes wardrobes.

Heater turned on last night for the first time, so time to dive back under covers.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Sunday Everybody~~

So Sara - is this week your birthday week or next week the week of the 12th? I know a few people who celebrate the entire week, so that's what we'll do with you!

Wow - A lady with 4 closets of clothes!
    I have most of my clothes packed away here and there, in suitcases, in three places counting the theater. Someday, when I retire, I will hang all of them in one place and decide what to keep. I just cannot give away any of it (all those tiny sizes), because much of it is from back in the day when there were actual brick and mortar tall girl shops here in New York City. I could not easily replace them today, and it would cost a fortune.

I have been living without a working refrigerator here in my apartment, and I am weary of it. Repair man #2 comes on Tuesday. This one is an actual Maytag Authorized guy. I am bracing though for him to come, sniff around, and then tell me he has to order parts and the thing won't work until after I get back from the Thanksgiving trip.
    I miss my fresh fruits and vegetables and my usual food right here on hand.

Today I will steer clear of the NYC Marathon!

BBL

Lana

242.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - another person I know who lives/works in NYC said it was so hard to get home that she might be out of town next year!

I also know people who celebrate their birthday week/month. Growing up birthdays were not celebrated too much, just was.

Poncho I was making myself did not work (new pattern) so took it out and started a shawl pattern I like and it will make a large triangle that I can sew up (pattern includes "holes" near the edges). Knitted a little too much and had to make myself stop.

Made 4 pork burritos - rice, black beans, pork and cheese - plain and not spicy but tastes good anyway. Package of 8 tortillas and someone suggested breakfast burritos - egg/cheese/onion? and sweet potato? Maybe one day this week I can make those after work.

QOTW = what will you be working on this week?

AOTW = water. I switched my fiber therapy back to the brand name (store brand was similar but not the same) and I need to stay on top of my water intake.

Nice that I have an extra hour, but I am ready to call it a day.

• rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

QOTW = what will you be working on this week?

AOTW = water and going to the gym at least 3 times. My water intake hasn't been consistent.

Waves to all who follow
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in - down 2 pounds. Just glad for the direction - all that good water I am drinking and dog walking. She wants her full walks now that it is light out.

Rsamuels - good to see you! I am also bad about water so we are in this together this week.

Took out dinner - chicken fried rice. I have 3 pork burritos in freezer and an extra sweet potato to have with eggs, so there is my week - oatmeal for dinner if nothing sounds good.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

AOTD: Water and getting more sleep. I look horrid and feel exhausted!

Selfies from July to now show the weight gain, puffiness, and tiredness. Dark circles and bags under my eyes. Just feeling all-around pretty depressed today that I've let myself slip again.

Ongoing dull headache is on Day 3, so my eyes look like "sick" eyes today, too.

Sara - great job with your WI! Keep up the great work!

Two more house showings today. No others scheduled yet for this week. Hoping for an offer or offers soon!

Have a good day, everyone!

Annie
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    *waves to everyone who drops in*

Sara - Great WI!

Rsamuels - How have you been? Long time, no see! How is the dancing coming along?

Annie - Wow, sounds like tons of interest in your house. Good luck!

Lana - No fridge sounds horrible. Hope you have a working refrigerator soon!

Tess - good job cleaning out the storage unit. its one of those things that is not much fun but it does need to get done.

Spent last night at an intimate acoustic concert with Rick Springfield! <3 Was more of an experience than just a concert. Lots of talking, stories, and interaction. It was a gift from a very dear friend. Had such a great time! Then when it was time to get up for work - it was glaringly obvious that I am no longer a teenager! Ugh! Am sore and sleepy. :/

While concert was going on there was a severe storm front that went through the state. Had driven through it to get to venue. Had to drive home in it too. Flooding everywhere. Heard there were water rescues going on where people got caught in flash floods.

My home town and county were hit with tornadoes. Have heard from just about all friends and family. Some lost everything but at least everyone is ok. :(

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - Rick Springfield! So jealous! I bet that was so neat.... glad you made it home safe and friends and family are safe!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Arrrgh! Is there any way to enter walking by your pace in mph instead of kpm?? The gym equipment only does mph. This is aggravating.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

My birthday/calendar purchase went over by $5 because I also bought some Swiss chocolate. Not ashamed of it as I am thinking about how to get more exercise in......

Kathryn, I am a techno dingbat, I hope you found someone to help you. Rick Springfield - wowie - it was worth it in the long run- admit it. Good for you !!

Fried rice with chicken tonight and then curl up and stay warm.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Trying to remember what I did when I first started WW and lost weight, taking container to work Thursday and bringing leftover Teriyaki chicken home for dinner. Salads at cafe otherwise.

Lady at work who started WW says she said good bye to the 150's and sees the struggle but sense in the system. I get her to come out walking once at day at work if it is not raining.

Dog and my bladder are still not on the new clock, so it just is. Crawl back under the covers and sleep does find me.

Did well with water yesterday (see last note), so more water today.

Wave to all who follow. :) Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey All~~

It's Election Day here in NYC. Must shower and go vote. Then home to clean and wait for repairman.

Sara - Congratulations on your fine weigh in yesterday. You are working it, so it works!

Lana