WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Wendy, welcome back! You exude health and happiness! Bo Derek doesn't have nothing on you, you're like a 20! (Hopefully you remember the movie she was in "10"). Heehee!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Terry!!!!, Woooohoooo! Doing the Onederland Dance with you!!!!
    Congratulations!!! Smile at everyone you meet today, like you have this amazing thing...!!! When they ask you why yer smiling, you just exclaim, " I'm mauvalous "!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Janetr, yep don't worry, type away. I did get a warning when I posted all my military pictures, and after I clicked post reply it said something like " post has to be reviewed, will post later". Then the post disappeared! I checked back later and it had posted. That's why I kind of told the same story twice. I thought the first one was lost.
    Becca
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Evelyn, Way to go girl! You are on a roll and I’m sure it will continue.

Becca, ((Hugs))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    5ierh4i7g73l.jpeg
    Gonna get Kirby’s hair cut tomorrow, will show pics
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    The egg bites were fabulous! I had one and a quarter :D With a lovely flat bean and tomato salad. DH pronounced them "delicious" and said, "you can make them again."
    We have one left for his lunch tomorrow. Apparently they reheat well in the microwave.
    I calculate each one at 275 calories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Becca, I do hope a cause can be found for your issues! Does NOT sound like fun!
    Thanks for the support ladies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,040 Member
    Options
    Janetr, yep don't worry, type away. I did get a warning when I posted all my military pictures, and after I clicked post reply it said something like " post has to be reviewed, will post later". Then the post disappeared! I checked back later and it had posted. That's why I kind of told the same story twice. I thought the first one was lost.
    Becca

That happens to me once in a while if I post something with numbers ... like my exercise stats.

I asked the mods about it a year ago or so, and they told me that spammers often include long sets of numbers embedded somewhere in their spam posts, and so sometimes a post with a lot of numbers will be "flagged" by MFP's automatic checking system.

If the names of your photos had a lot of numbers, that could be why you got that message.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,040 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Janet-Please don't be afraid to post! Just chat like normal. I am thinking we can still share our books we read, movies, photos of our kids and grandkids, scenery, animals we love, etc. You can even show us your artwork! Perhaps we can use the group site that Lisa set up to post links to other things? And like we always do, when it is needed, just message each other our personal info if we need it.

If we did go to a Group, this is one option ...

We could still have monthly threads set up by Barbie as usual, in the Group. It would be no different except that it would be in a Group instead of in Motivation and Support.

Then over here in Motivation and Support, we might be able to post reminders that we've got the Group, and inviting women over 50 to join us.

In the Group, we could even have threads by category, like:

Arts&Crafts
    Kids&Grandkids
    Exercise We Do

or whatever.

Just tossing some ideas out there. :)

I joined the Group Lisa created for us ... and while I was there, I joined a couple other Groups as well.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Got groceries bought this morning and the market was really crowded. The doctor put me on an old antibiotic for the Eustachian tube infection and the pills are huge. I could not swallow it without breaking it in half. Missed my water exercise this morning because of running errands so will do a tape at home today. Eating lots of yogurt to try to avoid yeast infection due to antibiotic.

Terry - So proud of you making it to onederland! I am at 204 right now and it seems those few pounds to lose to get below 200 are just horrendous.

Wendy - Love the hairdo and the pictures. Glad the critters survived without you but bet they are happy you are back.

Becca - Sending healing angels to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Congrats Terry, you are on a roll!!
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hello ladies! Well, it’s been forever since I posted here but, I still check in and read when I can.

So my youngest is a high school senior while my other to kiddos are in college on the east coast. Both are flying home tonight for Thanksgiving week. So excited to have everyone home together for 7 whole days!

My hubby continues to work from home and is much happier. It was an adjustment but I think we’ve come through the worst of it. Lol!

So my weight loss stalled then I climb to my highest weight yet. Totally disgusted with my self I turned to weight watchers again! I need the accountability in a BAD way. Started August 31st and have lost 12lbs. It’s about a lb a week. I’m just now back to my previous highest weight which is frustrating that I had to start all over. I know calories in calories out and don’t ever give up.

So that’s my life. Work for me is going well. I’ve cut back to 3 days a week.

<3 Rosie in SoCal
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah Terry!!. Congrats on making it to Onederland!!

Okie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Well, it’s been forever since I posted here but, I still check in and read when I can.

So my youngest is a high school senior while my other to kiddos are in college on the east coast. Both are flying home tonight for Thanksgiving week. So excited to have everyone home together for 7 whole days!

My hubby continues to work from home and is much happier. It was an adjustment but I think we’ve come through the worst of it. Lol!

So my weight loss stalled then I climb to my highest weight yet. Totally disgusted with my self I turned to weight watchers again! I need the accountability in a BAD way. Started August 31st and have lost 12lbs. It’s about a lb a week. I’m just now back to my previous highest weight which is frustrating that I had to start all over. I know calories in calories out and don’t ever give up.

So that’s my life. Work for me is going well. I’ve cut back to 3 days a week.

<3 Rosie in SoCal

Rosie - welcome back! A pound a week is great!! WW does work - kept me in line (sort of, I reached my "highest" several times as well after going on hiatus) for many years then they no longer had meetings near me and I didn't get along with their new website last year.

What I like about this group is that I finally am getting serious about exercise and strength training which helps maintenance immensely.

Glad your DH's work at home is going well and good for you cutting back to 3 days a week. Enjoy turkey day (week, lol) with the kids!! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    New Hair cut and color. NYKAREN

Karen
    - Super gorgeous!! Um, I think you are in the wrong group as this one is for gals 50+. B)<3B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    KarenNY- you look fantastic! Love the haircut!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Karen, you haircut is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Terry- so proud of you, keep up the great work. Bottle that memory and keep it in your pocket to remind you how wonderful you felt!!!
    Okie- so sorry for your loss. Take time to grieve.
    Becca- so sorry you are ill. I miss your posts.
    HELP. I cannot post on my newsfeed. I tried to email MFP but for some reason no response. Any ideas?
    Lisa - is there a way to bookmark your blog?
    Company coming in tomorrow nite so I have lots to do tomorrow.
    The place on my back that the dermatologist cut two weeks ago is still so sore. My DH says it is really a big hole. No cancer but a part of a cyst was left in when a procedure was done to remove a cyst.
    SueBDew in TX.