November 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - That is freakin' awesome! Congrats to Skip and you!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - so sorry about your job - and very excited about Skip's acceptance!
    @jessicamcb - moose! That's crazy!

11/1 - 4 miles
    11/2 - Strength training - tabatas - push ups/pull ups/sit ups and wall squats
    11/3 - rest day and fly to NY!
    11/4 - 4.5 (5K and then a run from daughter’s apt to my hotel)
    11/5 - 5.0 Astoria run
    11/6 - 5.0 Astoria run #2
    11/7 - rest day and fly back to Orlando
    11/8 - Strength training/Tabatas - added in dips for 5 sets of tabatas.
    11/9 - 4 miles
    11/10 - 4 miles
    11/11 - 44 miles cycling
    11/12 - 5 miles
    11/ 13 - strength training
    11/14 - 4 miles
    11/15 - strength training + 1 mile on treadmill
    11/16 - 4.5 miles
    11/17 - strength training
    11/18 - 4 miles
    11/19 - 40 miserable miles on bike
    11/20 - strength training
    11/21 - 5 miles

I/ITSEC 5K in Orlando - 11/29
    Daytona Beach HM - 2/4/19

exercise.png

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    11/1 = 10 miles
    11/2 = strength training
    11/3 = 5 miles
    11/4 = 19 miles
    11/5 = rest day
    11/6 = 4.5 miles and strength training
    11/7 = 8.5 miles
    11/8 = rest day
    11/9 = 6 miles
    11/10 = Vinyasa yoga class
    11/11 = 13 miles (New Braunfels Half)
    11/12 = 6 miles
    11/13 = Kettlebell strength training
    11/14 = 6 miles
    11/15 = 8.5 miles
    11/16 = Strength training
    11/17 = 6 miles
    11/18 = rest day
    11/19 = 20.5 miles
    11/20 = 3 miles dreadmill and strength training
    11/21 = Vinyasa yoga class

Yoga this morning. I should have gone running as well. I got to work this morning and there were three different types of cake and pumpkin bread on the break room table. I am doomed today.... LOL

109/175 (November goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    11/23 = Georgetown Turkey Trot
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 8 miles
    11/2 - 0 miles
    11/3 - 0 miles
    11/4 - 3 miles of horrible
    11/5 – 10 miles of awesome
    11/6 – 0 miles
    11/7 – 6 miles
    11/8 - 0 miles
    11/9 – 5 miles
    11/10 – 6 miles
    11/11 - 0 miles state XC meet
    11/12 - 4 miles
    11/13 - 0 miles
    11/14 - 7 miles
    11/15 - 5 miles
    11/16 – 0 miles
    11/17 – 0 miles
    11/18 – 6 miles
    11/19 – 5 miles
    11/20 - 0 miles
    11/21 - 7 miles

72 of 100 miles

exercise.png

I love when the weather is like this, 38F and chilly but nice and crisp and clear.

Totally not running related, but I got home last night, went to the mailbox and there it was, the letter from Shorter University. Skip wasn't home and I was dying. I put it on the kitchen table and waited for her, praying oh please Lord she has worked so hard please let this be an acceptance letter. She got home, pushed the letter aside as she was babbling about her date and I said did you look at that envelope. She picked it up starting shaking opened it and started to scream, she was accepted to the one and only college she wanted to attend. Being the great kid she is the first thing she said was mommy I won't go knowing I got in was enough I can go to community college. No way we will figure it all out. Maybe this is the start of the upswing of good things.

q2349ou8h4tq.jpg

Okay this proud mommy moment is done. Here's my link to her gofundme page ha ha kidding... sort of

That is awesome about Skip. I know you are so proud!
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    @karllundy - I love my Buff. It's great for either summer or winter, and you can wear it a ton of different ways (including as a balaclava). They have several different versions (polyester, merino wool, polar, etc). Here's a link to a video showing the different ways to wear:

buffwear.com/ways-to-wear
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @karllundy Regarding the balaclava, I use a Buff. I like how versital it is, if I get hot I can pull it down as a scarf. If it's windy I just add an extra layer for my ears, (headband).

@skippygirlsmom Kudos to Skip! Rock on girl!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom That is so exciting! Congrats to Skip- I hope this is the beginning of a streak of wonderful happenings in your house <3
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    11/21 - rest day from running but I'm off work so walked 3 slow miles

@skippygirlsmom Yay for Skip! <3<3<3
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom That's Awesome! YAY for Skip! She's an amazing girl!
  • bjderhak
    bjderhak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Arms and core work today. My husband walked in on me doing bicep curls with 10 pound weights and said "be careful. you're already pretty defined ;) ." As if Im gonna turn into Arnold Shwarzaneggar (sp). I replied with "welcome to the gun show, baby!" lol Good thing it was an off day for running too cuz i got out of bed and the PF was intense! I did about 20 minutes w the foam roller, stretching, golf ball massage and all that fun stuff. I just need it to hold off til Jan 29. Im scouring google for trails or something near me so that i can run on softer surfaces sometimes. Problem is, I like just walking out my front door and starting my run. I dont have the desire to drive 30 minutes out of my way for a run. Im sure plenty of yall do. I just need to get that motivation.

@karllundy dont worry, yall can get me back in spring/summer when the temps reach that of dantes 9th circle. ;)
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom So awesome about Skip!!! I am sure you are a proud momma!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    So, I looked at my schedule for next week, since it got posted. I saw "trail Fartlek" and am wondering, what fresh new hell is this????
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom did I mention that I'm the one grilling the turkey after my run?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom did I mention that I'm the one grilling the turkey after my run?

@MNLittleFinn okay then you may run ha ha!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

@MNLittleFinn okay then you may run ha ha!!

LOL. My mom and I run every year before we make dinner. Dinner is at like 4pm this year, so there's PLENTY of time for both.
  • bjderhak
    bjderhak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile thats great that you found a safe and welcoming place to run. Makes the experience so much more enjoyable and gives you something to look forward to :)
    i live in a great area to run and i love my neighborhood, i just need something besides the hard sidewalks as far as a surface.
    Question: I am kind of confused because I searched "running trails in central florida" but it is giving me many locations that are still paved and such. A search for "dirt trails" didnt yield much for results. I just assumed trails meant dirt/grass.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    bjderhak wrote: »
    @rheddmobile thats great that you found a safe and welcoming place to run. Makes the experience so much more enjoyable and gives you something to look forward to :)
    i live in a great area to run and i love my neighborhood, i just need something besides the hard sidewalks as far as a surface.
    Question: I am kind of confused because I searched "running trails in central florida" but it is giving me many locations that are still paved and such. A search for "dirt trails" didnt yield much for results. I just assumed trails meant dirt/grass.

I use an app called AllTrails. It may be useful in locating a good running trail.

We've even hit some bike trails to run, just be sure to watch for bikes. Some trails have runners go the opposite direction so you have a better chance of seeing one another.