WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Snowdog, congrats on the weight lose. Don't worry about keeping up. Just check in when you can.

Becca, ((HUGS)) Love the saying too.

Oh Heather forgot about the weight of the cast! Thanks.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    evening ladies
    I am home and tired... tomorrow last day of work until Saterday... will work on resume and hang with my friends
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    So hopeful that Lenora is doing ok in the hospital. Ouch,Joyce you really did a number on your elbow @nd foot. Take care of you.
    Terry- sure hope you can get a smaller cast or something more comfortable.
    Part of my problem with feeding five extra people was one is diabetic and one is a vegetarian who has many food allergies. But we survived and nobody starved.
    Time to fix dinner.
    Meg- thinking of you <3
    Suebdew in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,934 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    All you retirees - I'm vicariously enjoying retirement through your stories! It's doubtful we'll ever be able to retire so I'll take what I can get!

Yeah I'm with you. I've always figured I'd be working till I dropped, so I "retired" the first time for 3 months in 2004 and went cycling around Australia, and then I "retired" again in 2012, and spent 8 months cycling and travelling around the world. Figured I'd get it in while I still could. :)

And since high school, I've been taking one degree, diploma, certificate, course after another with the goal that I'll end up doing something I enjoy and something I can keep doing for a long, long time ... also with the hope that I'll eventually hit a salary bracket where I can afford to cut my hours back to 4 days a week.

Regarding those daily pill holder things ... I got a couple of them way back when. Probably a good 20 years ago now. I take a lot of vitamins and minerals and figured they'd be a handy way of organising things. However, I quickly discovered ...

a) They are too small. A lot of my vitamins etc. are quite large, and I couldn't fit everything in.
    b) It was a pain sorting vitamins out for 2 weeks in advance.

So now I've just got my basket of bottles and I take 1 of each.

OTOH, my mother uses those daily pill holders and seems to like them.

Machka in Oz
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    m3ce15vbsb00.jpg

This is my husbands pill container. Its weekly, and separated breakfast/lunch/dinner/ and bedtimne.
    Becca
    Pill queen!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: DH got his cardiology check-up and met with the surgeon this morning for his knee replacement on December 12. According to the records they got from Sioux Falls my DH has a pacemaker, NOT. They apparently merged some records and they were included with my DH's when they were sent. Electronic Medical Records can be really scary. We had a few sunbeams today and I got to the YM to exercise. Still have a few leftovers but nothing dangerous.

Joyce and Terry - Hope the bones continue to mend.

Katla - Glad you had a good day with Arrow. They do miss people they see regularly.

Wendy - Congrats on the 1/2 marathon.

Michele - Cute cake.

Machka - Lovely rose.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I’m one of the ones with 2 pill holders. A weekly one for morning pills and a monthly one for evenings pills. Have to say for me it is easier than opening up all those bottles every day.

Off to bed and book

Terry in cold VT
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.39min, 140mhr, 10.4amph. 1.4mi= 90c
    apple watch- 65c
    *old* SKI MACHINE- 30min, 15-30resist, 135mhr, 1.52mi= 204c
    apple watch- 194c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6..47min, 129mhr, 12.8amph, 1.4mi= 65c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.27min, 148mhr, 11.8amph, 3mi= 144c
    apple watch- 107c
    jog sta 2 wk- 6.10min, 150mhr, 137ahr, 12.45min mi. .5mi= 73c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.57min, 9.45min mi, 150mhr, .5mi= 65c
    apple watch - 56c
    ride dome 2 hm- 17.57min, 8.5amph, 160mhr, 2.5mi= 195c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 836
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    Did the 10 MInute Yoga DVD, held my plank for 2 min 53 sec, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Denise Austin's Quick Burn Cardio DVD.

Left the house early to buy sweet potatoes (hey, they're on sale for 37 cents!)
    drkatiebug - I remembered you saying that the Sociables had shaped crackers. I saw a box of them (they were on sale BOGO). One of the crackers looks sort-of like a star. It isn't a 5-pointed star but I'm thinking that it just might work. Thanks for the suggestion!

Bowling, ceramics tonight, then mahjongg.

KJ - when my kids were little, every December I hung 24 candy canes on a clothes hanger and they had one each night. This was a visual for them to see how close Christmas was getting. I remember that at their daycare they made a chain of loops and every day they'd take a loop off the chain.

I must have misssed it. Carol - did you find out something about Lenora?

Sue in WA - hope everything goes well for your hubby

Chris - congratulations on all counts.

Michele in NC
    who maj'd once today on a closed hand that she'd never done before -- yea me
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Back from Israel. Busy at work today and very tired tonight. It doesn't look like I gained.

Unfortunately, my sister died on thanksgiving. We are thankful that she is no longer suffering, but that she died on thanksgiving has been hard for my niece.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    Felicia so sorry for your loss. :heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    Back from Israel. Busy at work today and very tired tonight. It doesn't look like I gained.

Unfortunately, my sister died on thanksgiving. We are thankful that she is no longer suffering, but that she died on thanksgiving has been hard for my niece.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

My deepest sympathies. Will keep you and yours in my prayers

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    :'(Felicia, so sorry for your loss. <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Wendy, great job on the half marathon!
    Felicia, deepest sympathies for your loss. It's no easier even when we know the inevitable.
    Terry, Joyce and DJ, wishing you speedy healing!
    Penny, I would definitely be up for visitors to go to Butchart Gardens with! lol
    Feeling like I'm coming down with some bug scratchy dry throat, stuffy nose. It could be because I didn't sleep worth a darn last night, must have ben something in the air as hubby didn't sleep well either. Planning on an early night tonight.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island