Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    November Goals / Results:
    • Scale goal 163# = 11/30 162.0 Very happy with this! :smiley:

December Goals:
      • Scale goal: maintain 162# or lower
      • Take measurements 12/31 (Sun.) or 1/1 (Mon.)
      • Walk Jingle Bell 5K on 12/2 in 45 minutes
      • Walk dog 5x per week as long as weather permits
      • Once winter weather forces indoor workouts, start alternate workouts (treadmill, weight machine, yoga, YouTube videos, ???)
      • Keep net calories green most days or w/i 100. No logging food on Christmas Day, maybe Christmas Eve, probably New Year's Eve.

Borrowed from another MFP poster:
      If I don't do what I can today, I won't be able to do what I want tomorrow.

Great goals, and great job for the month of November!!! I'll post my goals tomorrow
  • mytime6630
    Options
    4. 10k steps, 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x30 sec lunges ✔

Great day for you!! And contrats on those planks and lunges!! I can't even do 1 plank!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    This time of year, I know this thread will be more quiet - its a hard time of year to be watching what we eat. But ... I hope to continue this, and even if I just maintain. So welcome to all the newcomers --- think of how great we will all feel come January 1st - we'll have a head start on those new years resolutions! And ... for me.... I am just hoping not to Gain during the holiday season!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    4. 10k steps, 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x30 sec lunges ✔

Great day for you!! And contrats on those planks and lunges!! I can't even do 1 plank!

Really? I mean, when I started planking, I couldn't hold very long - but I'm actually REALLY good at getting down there! (It's the getting back up that's tougher, hahaha!)
    This time of year, I know this thread will be more quiet - its a hard time of year to be watching what we eat. But ... I hope to continue this, and even if I just maintain. So welcome to all the newcomers --- think of how great we will all feel come January 1st - we'll have a head start on those new years resolutions! And ... for me.... I am just hoping not to Gain during the holiday season!

But see, that's part of why I joined when I did. I saw the scale start creeping upward just from Halloween and Thanksgiving, and I know it's going to be hard with Christmas and New Year's coming up. If I don't take charge of myself, it's going to be even HARDER!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    I think this time of year IS harder. But I think after the effort we’ve put in this year we can enjoy ourselves. By now we should be more mindful of what we eat and so we don’t OVER indulge. But it’s a lovely time of year and should be celebrated!

I mean I’m pretty much exempt from this year, but also not allowed wine :tired_face:

And I’m dreading March when I start them videos again!
    I just went shopping. Not even a full shop! (About half of a big trolley) and I used self serve checkout and so scanned and packed everything myself (why I didn’t take it to a manned till I don’t know) and by the time I got back to the car I just had to sit there for like 5 mins before I could move!

It’s now where I wish I did exercise earlier on in my pregnancy but tbh, this has been the roughest pregnancy I’ve ever had! I think it would have been too much!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    qmf12te5xbsl.jpg

This is my partners wine selection that he’s been buying for the last few weeks, it’s just for the Christmas period.

How mean is that? :lol:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    November Goals / Results:
    • Scale goal 163# = 11/30 162.0 Very happy with this! :smiley:

December Goals:
      • Scale goal: maintain 162# or lower
      • Take measurements 12/31 (Sun.) or 1/1 (Mon.)
      • Walk Jingle Bell 5K on 12/2 in 45 minutes
      • Walk dog 5x per week as long as weather permits
      • Once winter weather forces indoor workouts, start alternate workouts (treadmill, weight machine, yoga, YouTube videos, ???)
      • Keep net calories green most days or w/i 100. No logging food on Christmas Day, maybe Christmas Eve, probably New Year's Eve.

Borrowed from another MFP poster:
      If I don't do what I can today, I won't be able to do what I want tomorrow.

Great goals, and great job for the month of November!!! I'll post my goals tomorrow

Thank you! :smile:
  • mytime6630
    Options

Really? I mean, when I started planking, I couldn't hold very long - but I'm actually REALLY good at getting down there! (It's the getting back up that's tougher, hahaha!)

But see, that's part of why I joined when I did. I saw the scale start creeping upward just from Halloween and Thanksgiving, and I know it's going to be hard with Christmas and New Year's coming up. If I don't take charge of myself, it's going to be even HARDER!

Ha -- I can get down there to do planks!! But .... my planks last about 1 Sec!! I know I need to be practicing them much more!

I am like you - the scale creeps up starting at Halloween. Last year I GAINED almost 7 pounds during that time.... hoping to NOT let that happen this year! Yes, we have to take charge!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options

Ha -- I can get down there to do planks!! But .... my planks last about 1 Sec!! I know I need to be practicing them much more!

I am like you - the scale creeps up starting at Halloween. Last year I GAINED almost 7 pounds during that time.... hoping to NOT let that happen this year! Yes, we have to take charge!!!

The key to planking is breathing :)

My PT used to say I held my breath lol! When I breathed I lasted about 30 seconds longer!
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I think this time of year IS harder. But I think after the effort we’ve put in this year we can enjoy ourselves. By now we should be more mindful of what we eat and so we don’t OVER indulge. But it’s a lovely time of year and should be celebrated!

I mean I’m pretty much exempt from this year, but also not allowed wine :tired_face:

And I’m dreading March when I start them videos again!

Oh yes --- you are exempt ..... but you wait till next March!! I am going to be your diet coach then! LOL!!!!!!
    Sorry to hear this is a hard pregnancy -- hang in there! Not too much longer left!! March will be here before you know it! That's mean of hubby to put all that great wine in front of you :s

I know you’re all gonna bust my @ss in March haha

I’m hoping that when this cough has gone it will just be a few aches and pains that generally come with pregnancy anyway. That I can deal with!!
    This is the last bit of illness I have to get rid of!

And I know! How tight is he!
    But I’ve told him that he’s going to have to buy me lots of nice non alcoholic drinks and I’m gonna make sure it’s nice stuff lol!

I will be having a white wine spritzer with my roast dinner though. I simply have to lol!
    I’ll just have to choose a wine I REALLY want lol!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    December Goals:
    1. Scale goal: Get out of the 170's.
    2. Take measurements: Saturday, 12/2
    3. Exercise: 4 out of 7 days per week, at least 30 minutes.
    4. Strength/Toning: Begin working with light hand weights.
    5. Do not stress out over holidays. Do what you can and let go of the rest.

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Internet/cable issues the last couple of days. :#
    JFT Friday
    1. MORE water
    2. Quilt
    3. Gift for secret Santa
    4. Clean stove
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

Just so you all know... you guys really inspire me!
  • mmartin7613
    mmartin7613 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI - I agree. Inspiring. This is my first week. I read your posts and make me want to keep on track and be forgiving. Keep moving forward. It's awesome.
    OConnell5483O - Love the random act of kindness on the daily list. Great reminder. :)

Yesterday was hard working remotely. I did end up with 11 calories left but went WAY over on sugar & no exercise. That is why I like this group. JUST FOR TODAY. Not so good one day - Fresh start next day! B)

JFT
    20 min cardio
    Walk on Break
    Track my food
    10 glasses of water
    Be happy. It's Friday

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Thursday 11/30 JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Breakfast
    ✔Research (at university 9 am - 1 pm)
    ✔Lunch
    ❌Elliptical :disappointed:
    ✔Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ❌Dinner by 7 pm➡️8pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

Man o man, yesterday was a day of snacking for me! I haven't been extra hungry with this pregnancy but yesterday it seemed like I added 5 extra snacks to my day :D I know the baby is in a growth spurt according to the Dr. but they also say only 340 extra calories are needed. However yesterday 340 extra calories didn't satisfy my hunger, so I snacked more :D Not a good day to skip the elliptical, although I did walk on campus for 20 min. w/ my backpack so that helped I guess.

Friday 12/1 JFT:

Woke up late so the kids are having school lunches :disappointed:
    Breakfast w/ hubby
    House Manager Office Work, lol
    Lunch
    Walk Dog ~ 15 min.
    Sm. Grocery Trip
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Elliptical
    Dinner by 7pm
    Family Movie Night :smiley:
    Bedtime after movie