Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Hi Everybody~~
    It's a sunny Sunday here---so pretty out.

Sara - I just saw two of the Cabana Boys (you know, the two really OCD ones) heading over to your place with bags of cleaning supplies and spray bleach, and some sort of whip or riding crop, which I'm assuming is for your maintenance men.
    You and Miss Tillie should hide!

Lana
  • nhoffman26
    nhoffman26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am a serial starter. Kicked it off big in 2013 and ended up losing 180lbs by October of 2015. Well I fell off the wagon and then the end of last year I got pregnant. Well my bubs is 5 months old and I’m back to it. I need motivation and people to help me get back on the horse. Any takers??
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    nhofffman- welcome... lots of support, here... love yer pic... we're all animal lovers here... come as much as you want...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,347 Member
    Options
    Lana - hide?? I will hide the dog.....

Fan running under sink to dry it out. I want the supervisor in maintenance to see it at its "best". I asked that if something major had to be done that I be given 24 hours notice so I can collect dog and be out of place.

We spent 2 1/2 hours in kitchen at office to not listed to fan. Got to watch some marginal football .....

Off to watch more online stuff.

BBL.
  • Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO DISCONNECT FACEBOOK. Now I have an excuse to avoid working for a few minutes a day...

Sara - I can't figure out how you're so good at meal prep. I need to take lessons from you. That pork fried rice sounded amazing! Sorry to hear that you're having the mold issues; that's definitely a bit scary.

Dawn - Thanks for the re-welcome! And congrats on the smaller size of jeans :)

Tried to exercise this morning with my fiancee and my knee hurt after just a short amount of walking/squats, so I had to stop. I'm pretty discouraged. Hopefully this will get better with time as I lose weight.

Starting weight from Monday: 180.8
    Today's weight: 175.6

How am I down over five pounds already? Maybe it's a fluke. I can't remember what I said last time for my goal weight, but I'd be happy with anything under 145. Long-term goal is probably 135.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Ammey- great WI! Maybe, look back at your week and see what you did different... what you can repeat... somethings working :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, down 0.6 - just glad it is downwards.

Annmarie - three reasons I make my own food - salt/money/ allergies - I do not add additional salt to my food when I make it. I have a couple food allergies that make it safer to make my own (especially mexican) and although it takes time and $$ to make the food - I know what I put in it and remove many of the extra preservatives companies add to give something a long shelf life (biggest of which is salt). Oh and I am lazy - I make "easy" things that serve 4 - 6 so I am likely to eat it all without getting bored that can freeze.

Good job on your weight change- also look at other habits - are you walking/exercising more? sleeping better? drinking more water?

Sorry for lecture, didnt think it would be that long, I meant to post last night but fell asleep - allergies just popped up in my head as I was writing.

QOTD: What are we focusing on this week?

AOTD: Walking and water - sounds repetitive and it is - because I dont always do both.

Wave to all who follow. Need to scoot.
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    A little down in the dumps. And I know what the responses will be, still, it’s a little disappointing.

Walking every day except yesterday. 3 miles with inclines. Cutting back on food intake.

I weigh in every Monday. The scale read the same as last Monday.

Back to the grind.

Have a great day all!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Ammey - congrats on WL!!! just take it easy on the knee. i started in on a walking routine and basically over did it. my knee is just now getting back to where there is no pain when i use it. i still cant do squats or deep lunges but i will work into those slowly.

sara - mold - yuck! i had to move out of a house due to mold. with current house - had to replace lots of drywall and had the place "fogged" with mold spore killing stuff. used it because the "fog" could get in and kill mold where we couldn't reach or see it. the fogger was rented from Home Depot. we bought the chemical there too. made a huge difference. make sure the three stooges don't just wash surfaces with bleach and say "there ya go" because if there are any spores embedded or on the back of the drywall, it will just come back with a vengeance. they may have to replace some drywall.

Lana - i did think it was odd that doctor had me start on high dose and then lower but it does seem to be starting to kick in. i actually have some motivation to do some things. before, most days i only want to stay in bed, sleep away the day. this weekend i helped install windows in the 2 story unattached garage, planted over 150 bulbs (i bought them in Oct and then forgot about them till this weekend!), bathed the dog, got all my errands run, got almost all wrapping done, and created a wall tree. i am making a wall tree this year instead of a traditional Christmas tree because of the cat. it actually turned out better than i had anticipated. i still have to decorate it, but i did get lights on it.

Annie - great to hear about the work on the house & its stuff that you dont have to pay for! How close to closing date are you? and give yourself time with your cat. we lost our oldest cat 2 years ago yesterday. i still cried about it yesterday.

Today its supposed to get up in the low 60s. IN DECEMBER???!!! Not that I am complaining, mind you! this weekend was gorgeous! (and i was able to get bulbs planted!)

Woke up way before alarm was to go off. Laid there for what seemed like forever, waiting for the alarm. I gave up and just got up and started getting ready for work & got here early. Now I want to take a nap!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn, that is why I am not backing off on having this checked. I hope to find out later today. Meds are often given with higher dose to "jump start" the effects. Glad they are working - take advantage of the sunshine.

At work. BBL.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    And.. soooo... it begins... ugh...a lovely client brought in homemade Christmas cookies...I stared them down, as I shoved my Belvita cookies in my mouth...mmmm... delicious...I will admit, after forcing myself to eat my can of Minestrone, I ate 1 bite size Reeses PB cup... trying to pretend the rest isn't there... if they are still there tomorrow, I have every hope that those not here today, will devour them for me..
    Back to work.. have a great day!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    AOTD: getting at least 30 minutes of brisk walking or exercise each day.

just finished the WalkDiet routine with co-workers, so i am at least off to a good start this week!
  • nhoffman26
    nhoffman26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Arnie: have you tried the gingerbread Belvita?? Omg delicious!!

With the holidays here I set out a dress that I have owned for years, never worn but used to fit into, and made it thee dress that I’m going to wear to my SO Christmas party in January. So I have roughly a tad over a month to drop a few lbs to fit into it. I recently stumbled across an amazing fitness group on YouTube that has monthly workout programs set up for free, so I’m following along with that this month. Also working on cutting back on caffeine, which being a mother to two preteens and a 5 month old baby boy, I desperately feel like I need. Also working on upping my water intake.

• arniedog74
    Options
    nhofffman- yes I have... they are so yummy! I am actually surprised, how yummy all those are... but, staring at chocolate and all kinds of cookies... they lose their deliciousness!

Sounds like you have a great goal and plan! You will do great and look amazing in that dress!

- Dawn
  • Ammey68
    Options
    94yxnp8eac6c.jpg
    Sara - Also jealous of your no-salt habits. I crave salty foods more than anyone else you've probably ever met. I will work on doing some meal prep soon. Maybe this weekend I can try it! As far as the nice weigh in, I've just been actually dieting instead of doing whatever I want. I guess it's working. :)

Kristina - At least Monday is nearly over and tomorrow's another day and another start. Great job on the walking!

Kathryn - Amazing job on all of those errands! Way to be a rockstar. You may have to share a photo of your wall tree - we have four pets and the idea sounds tempting (although we already have one up for this year, but it's always good to get ideas for the future)!

nhoffman - I agree with Dawn; that sounds like an awesome goal! I have faith in you!

Today we booked the venue for our wedding ceremony in March. Since we're having such a short engagement, I think I'm much more stressed than the average person. BUT I'm very excited about the venue and I absolutely fell in love with it when I walked around today. I'll post a photo at the bottom because I'm just too excited not to share.

QOTD: What are we focusing on this week?
    AOTD: Keeping busy! As usual. Trying to get closer to 10,000 steps a day, which is hard when I have an office/desk job. But I'll be running more errands, and that should help.

Highest weight: 183
    Starting weight: 180.8
    Today's weight: 176.2
    WEDDING GOAL: 150.0 (I decided that for now, that's what I'll use!)
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Ammey - that is breathtaking! Is that close to you? Absolutely beautiful...
  • Ammey68
    Options
    It's actually the Minneapolis City Hall! Just a few blocks from where I work. We're renting it out for a Saturday morning ceremony. Again, I'M SO EXCITED. My fiance is absolutely exhausted with my level of excitement. (and corresponding level of stress)

Late night thoughts - you know those chips they give people in AA and other such groups? Like the 30 day/90 day/etc. I think they should have them for us serial starters too. It's my diet attempt number.... 284948?! But I just finished day 8.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Sorry I missed last night. Very windy here (which is normal but rare in the last couple of years) and I crashed early.

Fan on kitchen area to dry it out all night long - slept well?? Not so sure.

Annmarie - that is a fabulous photo!! My father and his choir sings Saturday at the State Capitol and says the acoustics are incredible. Will you be married under the rotunda? Consider giving yourself non food rewards - good shampoo / conditioner, pedicure/ manicure, or clothing as your weight goes down. That is just a short list of possibilities.

The two loud people at work will be back today - it was so nice and quiet yesterday with little drama. Earphones, please - snapping fingers at Cboys.

Belvita cookies are popular with people at work and I dont know what the serving size is, but I would exceed it daily at work, which is why my ginger lemon creme cookies (Carr) and coconut macaroon cookies (dont know company name) stay at home and I went well over my calories last night. Sad but true. Banana and pear/apple and sweet potato are my snacks at work.

Water and walking. Lets see how well today goes.

Wave to all who follow. Hang in there it is only one day.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Hallelujah! I think everyone in my house is feeling better. I wouldn't say we are well yet, but we're on the mend.

AOTD: Cutting out pop/sweets and tracking. I think I just need to focus on that.

I think I'm starting Week #5 of PT and although I don't think it's hurting anything, I'm not sure it's really helping. I feel like I'm going broke with all of these co-pays - and right at the holidays and with our big move coming up! Argh!

Thanks for all of the well-wishes on the house! We close January 10th, so just over 5 weeks from today. We packed a lot and now have had to back off because we still need to live. I think no matter what you do, it's always a mad rush at the end. Still hoping to go through some more stuff and donate/throw.

Trying to tell myself I WILL face the scale this weekend and go from there.

Baked three different types of Christmas cookies and put them in the freezer. Trying to keep myself and family out of them.

Cold, snowy, and windy here today. Winter has finally found us. (It was 50 degrees yesterday afternoon and dropped to 18 overnight.) Brrr.

Ammey - that looks like a great place for a wedding!

Sara - sorry to hear about your mold problems. I hope they get resolved quickly.

Dawn - hang tough! We can resist those treats!

Make it a great day, ladies!

Annie
  • lgpc199
    lgpc199 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also a serial starter. Lost 40 pounds on Weight Watchers, gained it back. Lost 50 pounds on WW, gained it back. I'm trying again. Just started about 3 weeks ago here on MFP and lost 8.4 pounds so far. Hopefully, this will be the LAST time I have to loose this weight!! But I am motivated to loose it.