Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Recap Mon. 12/4 - rainy day forecast / non-dog walk day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,455 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 hours & 33 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories green = Green (barely) :smiley:
    3) Start PA #1 at work...can't avoid it any longer w/ due date 1/2/18 = Found testing templates / criteria and started! Only put this off as long as possible. :D
    4) Progress on to-do list = Yay, progress! :smile:
    5) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done / done even though I really wanted to skip (again) :# / 10:18 :D

JFT T 12/5
    1) Walked dog 3.1 miles before work / weather change was shocking: went from record high 61F yesterday to 33 this morning and winds 25-30 mph so felt like 20F. Temps will drop throughout day, but wind advisory until tomorrow. Didn't matter, dog happy. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Participate in workplace mindfulness hike at lunch
    4) Net calories green
    5) To-do list in evening / keep it going
    6) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in quick between meetings. I didn't have time to log on before work today because I hit my snooze button about 4,000 times! :dizzy: I will have to come back and read what's up with everyone tonight after I get home. In the meantime, know I am thinking of you all. :smile:
    Just for Monday
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. Ten 8oz glasses of water :(
    3. Meet my new step goal :)
    4. Stay focused at work and learn at least one new thing :):):) (I learned at least 3 new things!)
    5. At least one small random act of kindness :)
    6. Bake one Christmas item when I get home :)
    7. Work on quilt :/
    8. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)
    9. Unplug by 9:00, gratitude journal and read. Bed at 10pm :) (Except I didn't go to sleep until 11:00 because I became engrossed in a mystery I'm reading!)

Just for Tuesday
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Ten 8 oz glasses of water
    3. Learn at least one new thing at work today. Stay confident.
    4. Be kind. Look for ways to perform random acts of kindness. Our world needs more kindness!
    5. Bake one Christmas item when I get home.
    6. Prep for tomorrow, tonight...i.e., pack lunch, make coffee, set out clothes
    7. Listen to Optimal Daily Living podcasts
    8. Treadmill or Body Groove workout tonight for 30 minutes
    9. Unplug by 9:00, write in gratitude journal and read. Try to turn off the lights at 10 pm.

Have a fantastic day! I'll check in later tonight. <3

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Send help! I can’t stop eating!!! :scream:
  • mmartin7613
    mmartin7613 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Can you go outside for a few minutes?
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Start drinking water. Sometimes being thirsty can be misconstrued for hunger. Put some fruit in your water to flavor it if regular water doesn't satisfy you. :smile:
  • MLHC1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    12/5 Tuesday JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Breakfast
    ✔Research (final day at university for this semester, 9:30 am - until done)
    ✔Lunch
    ❌Prenatal Yoga
    ✔Pick up Dinner
    ✔Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ✅Dinner by 7 pm➡️6 pm
    ✅Bedtime by 10 pm➡️should make it

My hubby came home early and wanted an early night. I didn't have time for Yoga bc of this but an early night might be nice. I did walk 20 min. on campus with my backpack (in 40°F :grimace: ). So I did get some exercise in today, lol.

@Bex953172 I'm soo glad that helped!! :smiley: I'm glad you feel better!!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

Congratulations! I bet it feels great to finish the semester.
  • MLHC1
    Options

Congratulations! I bet it feels great to finish the semester.

Yes ma'am it does :blush: All I did was undergraduate research but I am happy to be done. Next semester I am completing my Senior Research which is based off my undergraduate research topic so I can get a head start over the break if I want. I think for now I'm just going to sit back and try to enjoy this pregnancy. I've had ups and downs with it bc it set me behind in school. So I think this little holiday break where we can focus on family, etc will help bring me back to positive, happy and exciting thoughts of the future. :wink: Don't take that the wrong way, I'm super happy to be blessed with another little person :smiley: Sometimes it is just hard when society, friends and family question your priorities, lol! I'm a much thicker skinned person when I do not have prego hormones controlling me :joy:
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. MORE water :)
    2. Staff meeting :):|
    3. Quilt... add borders :) 2 of 4 on
    4. Soak batting :* changed my mind about urgency. I'll get this done tomorrow and the batting and backing step later in the week. I just need it ready to go for next Wednesday when my thread order arrives.
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. MORE water
    2. Finish quilt borders
    3. Make soup for dinner
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10.30
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,954 Member
    Options
    @bcTRAI - Sorry, I missed your comment to me! The play is The Mysterious Affair at Styles, based on the novel by Agatha Christie. It's a murder mystery where a rich old lady is the victim and everyone thinks the much-younger second husband she recently married is the murderer. I get to play the brash gardener who says what everyone's thinking with just about zero filter, which is LOTS of fun!

Congratulations!!! (Agatha Christie fan here.) :)

When are the performances?
  • mmartin7613
    mmartin7613 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    JFT
    track food
    8 - 10 oz water
    30 min youtube workout
    Work on Christmas necklaces. You need 5 or 6. Get at least 2 done tonight.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    So much to catch up on, and thank you all for listening to my rambling. I've just been an emotional wreck, and seeing the effects of my sons divorce on the kids is so hard, Hopefully in time it will get easier. But... I did have lunch with DIL, and just bite my tongue, Just kept in friendly. It is much better that way, and I know there are 2 sides to things. So I am trying, at least as much as I can to stay out of the details. She gave me some of the kids toys though, so that was good.

But... I AM having a great time with the grandsons, and getting a lot of physical exercise in. Yesterday I baked Xmas cookies, and tonite the boys can have fun decorating them. We are having fun without the toys, so it's been good. The boys did a lot of talking, so doing the best I can to help them.

But...... They are the pickiest eaters!!!! You guys with kids .... Is this normal!! OMG--- just finding a restaurant they can both agree on is so hard, and frustrating. Then you spend money for food, and they eat a few bites!

But, back to my goals for today
    Decorate cookies, but only eat
    Drink 8 glasses of water today

I will be home tomorrow, so get back to setting goals, and healthier eating
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @bcTRAI - Sorry, I missed your comment to me! The play is The Mysterious Affair at Styles, based on the novel by Agatha Christie. It's a murder mystery where a rich old lady is the victim and everyone thinks the much-younger second husband she recently married is the murderer. I get to play the brash gardener who says what everyone's thinking with just about zero filter, which is LOTS of fun!

I love Agatha Christie! I have many of her books. Just saw Murder on the Orient Express with Kenneth Branagh. Sounds like your part will be a blast! Kudos to hubby too.
  • MLHC1
    Options
    12/6 Wednesday JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Breakfast with hubby
    Relax and watch a movie
    Prenatal Yoga (since I didn't do it yesterday, I'm going to try and do it today)
    Lunch
    Elliptical
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Teen to teen night at church 6-9pm
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm
  • cschmitz110515
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Recap T 12/5
    1) Walked dog 3.1 miles before work / weather change was shocking: went from record high 61F yesterday to 33 this morning and winds 25-30 mph so felt like 20F. Temps will drop throughout day, but wind advisory until tomorrow. Didn't matter, dog happy. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 17,906 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) hours & 87 floors! Yes, 87 floors, earned my Ferris Wheel badge. Mostly due to stairs breaks during day, elevation changes during dog walk and lunchtime hike (see #3). :smiley:
    3) Participate in workplace mindfulness hike at lunch = MapMyWalk 1.01 miles in 36:26. Kip, our leader, had us going up / down hills by football field at least 4 times! Nice break midday even with strong winds, at least sun was out. B)
    4) Net calories green = Green! :smiley:
    5) To-do list in evening / keep it going = More progress, but my list is always longer than my time/energy. :D
    6) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done / done / done :smiley:

JFT W 12/6 - Unplanned non-dog walk day...when hubby got home from work 12:30 a.m., excited dog barked & woke me up, so I got up and chatted with hubby for while, then had trouble going back to sleep. So hit snooze button instead of dog walk. Sad dog. :#
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Maybe decorate dept. office this afternoon?
    3) Net calories green / lunch at work b/c class at noon followed by short meeting
    4) To-do list in evening
    5) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (want to walk dog R before work)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful!,, congrats
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I get to play the brash gardener who says what everyone's thinking with just about zero filter, which is LOTS of fun!
    Congatulations! That sounds so incredibly freeing. My own personal filter seems to be cranked up to maximum all the time.