Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals ... I thought I had my goals pretty well set for the coming 52 weeks after this last one of 2017. Then I started thinking about all the Holidays that convert to overeating opportunities throughout the year and took a closer look at my weight fluctuations around those times ... what I've spotted is that ... while I have lost weight this year, I could have lost twice as much had I not kept regaining. It's that same Yo-Yo curse so many of us are prone to. So, now I have another overall goal to keep in the forefront of my goals list ... to not regain lost weight, especially around the holidays I am most vulnerable to over eating ... which, not surprisingly, are those that occur during the coldest times of the year.

Hope everyone is enjoying the last week of 2017. I plan to take the rest of this week off from online activity as a serenity practice.

See you all in the New Year!
    Niki
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I went 600 calories over my maintenance level calories yesterday (Christmas day). The stuffing, pumpkin pie and peanut butter fudge did me in. I thought I was closer to maintenance level calories that that but didn't log everything until the end of the day only to find out I was 600 calories over my daily calorie target for the Christmas holiday weekend.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Rome ... unfortunately raining tons :(

Holiday Exercise Plan!

Name: Ana
    Goal: Exercise 3 x week for 45 minutes.

Nov 22: 3x10+K steps + 1x45’ spinning :)
    Nov 29: 1x60’ + 1x30’ spinning + 1x45’ Pilates
    Dec 06: none! Back was hurting :(
    Dec 13: 1x30’ dancing + 1x30’ spinning + 3x10K steps
    Dec 20: 540 min (1x45’ + 3x60’ + 1x15’ pilates + 2x45 yoga + 2x45 + 1x60’ + 1x30’ + 1x15’ spinning + 1x15’ rowing) :)
    Dec 27: 3x10K steps + 3x60’ Pilates :)
    Jan 03:
    Jan 10:
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    Well ... for being a good daughter in law I loss my professional camera ... was helping my MIL get out of the taxi :s

So going forward I will become an expert taking photos with my iPhone I guess ... below St. Peter’s Basilica and Pope Francisco.

oxbjriv4na1c.jpeg

zds9tdybvlzm.jpeg
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The holidays stopped my forward progress but slowing getting back to the grind. I won't let New Years derail me more. Hope everyone had a good holiday season as well.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx Ana, sorry about your camera but your pictures taken with your iphone came out wonderful. Thanks for sharing them!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Oh no....so sorry to hear about your lost camera @happygirlxxx! Love your photo of St. Peter's Basilica. I loved that church. I could have spent all day in there just looking at all the sculputures. My favorite was the Michaleangelo's Pieta. I saw it here in NYC at the World's Fair there and knew that some day I'd see it again and I did, as soon as I walked into St. Peter's.

I probably won't be back on here until the 3rd or so. We are leaving first thing in the morning for 5 days. Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year. :smile:
  • happygirlxxx
    edited December 2017
    Options
    And 2017 is saying goodbye!

It’s been quite a year .... tons of changes and challenges, but a happy one nevertheless.

Just wanted to take a sec to thank you all for your support... would not have come this far without all your cheers, kind words and advice.

I wish you an awesome 2018! I hope you reach your goals and find that internal peace and health we are all aiming for :)

I am still traveling and enjoying way too much food and wine so will not log until the new year; see you then!

Cheers

digwpndvtccw.jpeg
  • bapcarrier
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone, it's been really quiet on the thread this week. I'm sure everyone is really busy and if you're anything like me you are also struggling with the effects of the holiday weight gain. I really need to wrap my head around the fact that even though I'm logging everyday, I'm not really achieving much because I'm over all the time or once I log up to my calorie limit, half the time I just stop and don't record the rest of the day's food! :( If anyone is interested in another weight challenge I'm game. I plan to start 8 weeks of weekly weight postings on Friday January 5th, ending Friday, Feb 24th. I have a huge month planned starting Feb 28 thru April 1st so I have to get myself under control prior to that. Anyone is welcome to join me. Plan to weigh yourself on Monday, Jan 1st to use as the starting weight and like I said first weigh in will be that Friday. The challenges worked for me in the past and hopefully will again. Here is the format if you're interested in joining me! :) Please note starting weight is from Monday, New Year's Day, weight in report days are Fridays but if you normally weigh on a different day of the week that's fine, just report that week's weight on Friday, it will all work out the same. I will track those of us who decide to do this and give a weekly update.

Name: Barb
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 258

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018)
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018)

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:

Happy New Year! Here's to a wonderful year of happy times, good friends and healthy living thru weight control.
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Name: Connie
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 285.6

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 249.8 will revise if needed
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 240 see above

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:
  • Nikion901
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Name: Niki
    Height: 5' 2.5"
    Highest weight: 278.4

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018)
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018)

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:

Thanks @Barb.. for stepping forward to start us off for 2018. I am in another year-long challenge in 2018 and I weighed in for it yesterday ... so Friday will be my weigh-in day this coming year ... works great to hop on with you, @Connie.., and whoever else joins in. Yes, I will weigh myself on Jan 1! :D

Happy NEW YEAR !!!! It's gonna be the one where we MAKE IT!
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    I am in!! Will weigh-in tomorrow ... scary!!! I can feel my clothes thighter so I know I have gained tons :'(

Thanks for organizing!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I came to wish eveeyone a Very Happy New Year.

I have been without my laptop, as you might remember, but I have also been static with my weight. I will see if I can join this next chellenge, ( thank you Barb!) and maybe get on the wagon again!

• tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Have spent about a half hour going back through the thread. I have specifically avoided anything and everything having to do with accountability with the exception of an occasional weigh in. My eating consists predominantly of sugar. Despite this, I must say the holidays were fantastic. However, many in my tangential circle passed away. Meaning, they are acquIntances, not close friends. One was the father of four, the youngest being 20 - 58 - sudden massive heart attack. One waS the mother of two -- the youngest being 20 - battled cancer for 6 years. One is my sister's ex and the father of 3 grown children - 68 - sudden massive heart attack. Then 4 parents in their 90s. My condolences to you and yours @pneschich. The young ones say they feel the rug was pulled out from under them. I believe in the other side, but it does not ease the pain of the loss and it is truly hard to watch our young ones face this part of life.

And so, @bapcarrier, I am touched by your loving gesture to your MiL.

@BarneyRubbleMD below 200 -- wow!! Congrats!

@Nikion901 My avoidance is totally on me. I love your posts. Introspective, caring and kind.

FYI - re: NY connections - I live in North Jersey. Just across from the George Washington bridge.

To everyone else, I am sorry for dropping the ball on exercise challenge. I'm no good at running these things. Like someone else mentioned, I tend to stay to myself and use this forum as a social connection as well as weight loss. Ive been working on that with some success, i might add! I am on saying yes to various social functions at work this year (which I typically avoid like the plague).

So, hello. Happy New year. May 2018 be filled with joy, good health and peace.
  • coffeebean1988
    coffeebean1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    About myself:
    Member for 7 years (on my third account...lol. Passwords are hard to remember and giving up is too easy sometimes...)
    HW: 230 GW: 105 CW: 120
    Motivation? My happiness.
    Diet: non-specific. No dairy (allergies) and no poultry, pork, or beef (again, allergies) for 3 years. Low(ish) carb since the end of October 2017.
    NSV: literally gaining my life back. I was so unhappy, completely manic depressive, irresponsible, and drinking entirely too much. I was in a dead end relationship and (secretly) hating my life. My unhappiness caused my relationships within my family to suffer, and a complete disregard for continuing my education (which, as a child, was always the plan). I don’t know exactly when the change started, but I do know that it DIDNT happen overnight. Plenty of wasted time on fad diets and “quick fixes”. Until recently, I was going on about a 1.5 year plateau with no real motivation to continue. At the end of October I decided to hit the gym to get beach ready for a trip to Cancun and the motivation came back. I started working out harder, making the gym a place I actually wanted to go, and focusing on nutrients rather than solely calories. 20 (ish) pounds later and I’m still going strong ;)
    Good luck to all of you!!

• Nikion901
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone ... It's about 5 hours away for me in my time zone ... however I have been preparing for it for days now. And here is one New Years Resolution I am making right now that I have NEVER made before ...
    ... January 1 will be a different day than in years gone past ...
    On this January 1st I will be 'unplugged' from the TV, from the PC, from the cell phone. The radio is OK.
    Further ... on this first day of the new year I will NOT do any paper work or any other type of activity that can be considered as 'office' work. On this one day .... I will be be up and about instead of sitting around. I will ignore the newspaper. I will ignore magazines. I will ignore .... oh NO ... Wait, Wait, Wait ... I have to take something back ... how can I possible endure through a full day without going onto MFP to log my food intake ...
    ..... ok, ok, ok ... I CAN record everything on a piece of paper and after supper but before bedtime I can power up the internet and access MFP for the purpose of filling out my log ... and reporting my starting weight for our weigh-reporting challenge.
    :);)
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    Unfortunately since my trip in November I have gained about 9lbs ... so January 1 is a start over; won’t even think about last year as if this was day 1 of my weight loss journey.

The Winter Games ;)

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 229.6

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 161.4
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 153.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 68.2
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone! :)

Unfortunately, my 12/5 "I'm back" post was the last day I managed to hold it together. The next day I met a friend for lunch, and the rest of December was a complete loss. I gained 6 pounds: I'm now just 10 pounds away from being the same weight as when I started in September 2016, and I'm 90 pounds from my goal weight. I've never really been one for resolutions, but for some reason this year the idea appeals to me. So, today I start over -- again. I plan to take it slow, focusing on getting my eating under control before I let myself feel guilty about the dusty treadmill. I'll be starting a new job later this month, and despite the stress that comes with it I think the change will help. New year, new company, new attitude!
  • bapcarrier
    Options
    @happygirlxxx Ana, I like your name for the new challenge (which I forgot to name, LOL). Just a reminder anyone can join, you are challenging yourself and recording it weekly to help keep yourself accountable! We report on Fridays. I'm reporting today just with my starting weight. :( up 5 pounds from just prior to Thanksgiving.

The Winter Games

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 258
    Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 204.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 195

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 53.2

Here's to a new year and a new beginning..."May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door. Have a fabulous 2018!"
  • Nikion901
    Options
    The Winter Games

Name: Niki
    Height: 5' 2.5"
    Highest weight: 278.4

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 236.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 227.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 41.9

I went kind of crazy with candy,bread, ham,bacon, mac and cheese in the last couple of weeks and the result is my weight is back to where it was in September... So I am kind of bummed that this year saw an old pattern of a weight gain of about 10 pounds during the 'holiday' season. Well ... now those are done with and I won't be as tempted to eat the foods that put weight on me, so here I go. Of course, I can pack it on quickly but it comes off very slowly so the goal I've set (to get back to end weight for our Fall Challenge) I think it's a stretch to think I can really lose a pound a week ... but I will give it my best shot.

Barb ... this is so beautiful... thank you for posting it. I must quote it! ...
    "Here's to a new year and a new beginning..."May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door. Have a fabulous 2018!""