Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry all...I was irritated with that "reminder" I won't post grumpiness like that, again... have a great day, stay warm!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Halo at work slipped as I tried to take something down that has been driving me crazy for over a year- person no longer sits there..... also tried to get someone in trouble. Karma may come my way.

Found out that 2pm is "naptime" in a quieter place - thinking of getting protein bars - I dont need meal replacements and the ones I used to eat "plugged" me up had like 20 grams of protein. Any suggestions on decent protein bars is appreciated.

Read http://www.eatthis.com/best-protein-bars/ - will see about the Kind Honey BBQ almond and Luna Mint chocolate chip - they are not as pricey and can get in stores.

Dishwasher running and Philomena dvd in mail today.

Wave to all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Mother of Pearl.

I just found out that a good friend of mine has a rare form of brain cancer; she got preliminary biopsy results today, and will be given detailed info at appointment at Sloan Kettering next Wednesday, but they think it's gliomatosis cerebri, which is so rare that in this country only 100 people are diagnosed with it each year. When I search Sloan's website, it's not even there! Weill Cornell has some info on it. Prognosis is very very poor because typical treatments are ineffective and there's relatively little research on it.

You just never know, do you?

Everybody be grateful for every day you have, and take good care of yourselves!

Lana
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Mother of Pearl.

I just found out that a good friend of mine has a rare form of brain cancer; she got preliminary biopsy results today, and will be given detailed info at appointment at Sloan Kettering next Wednesday, but they think it's gliomatosis cerebri, which is so rare that in this country only 100 people are diagnosed with it each year. When I search Sloan's website, it's not even there! Weill Cornell has some info on it. Prognosis is very very poor because typical treatments are ineffective and there's relatively little research on it.

Lana

[url="httphttps://gcregistry.com/daryn-clark://"]httphttps://gcregistry.com/daryn-clark://[/url] is a site that helped me better understand this type of brain cancer.

I have a friend dealing with brain cancer but nothing like the kind your friend has which I had never heard of before you posted.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Mother of Pearl.

Lana

Huge hugs to you Lana! Never do know, for sure... good thoughts and prayers
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Prayers and positive thoughts, Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning.

Lana - wow that's a curve ball. GaleHawkins thank you for the link. Positive thoughts effect biochemistry in ways doctors have no clue.... Sending good thoughts. Find something or something to wear that you will think of her when you focus on it or wear it - kind of like a talisman to send her good thoughts.

Between fruit/veg delivery and cats outside, sleep has been iffy. I know the lady near me feeds the cats and she needs a smaller apartment (rent $$$) so I hope she finds one far enough away in the property that the cats go with her......

It is Friday so TGIF - but I am tired. Not unusual for a Friday but it has been a whopper of a week.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Gale Hawkins - Big, big Thank Yous!

Waves to Dawn and Kathryn and Sara~~

Sara - you have had a whopper at work this week. I do hope that your new location is an improvement over the place you had. Now with Cat Woman.....why are her cats outside? I'm surprised that the "DNA" apartment complex would allow such a thing. Sorry about the lack of sleep.

***Notice to All****
    The Cabana Boys will be holding a Restorative Quiet Time Happy Hour at 5PM tonight. Just the sounds of the waves and the water features during your massages by the pool~~

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - cat woman has cats but also feeds the feral /stray ones..... :( 5PM - count me in!! I will be there with my essential oils to share.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara -

Found out that 2pm is "naptime" in a quieter place - thinking of getting protein bars - I dont need meal replacements and the ones I used to eat "plugged" me up had like 20 grams of protein. Any suggestions on decent protein bars is appreciated.

Read http://www.eatthis.com/best-protein-bars/ - will see about the Kind Honey BBQ almond and Luna Mint chocolate chip - they are not as pricey and can get in stores.

I love the Detour bars and Quest Protein Bars. Detour has 3 flavors, 15g protein, 170 calories and taste like candy bars. Quest has 21g protein, ave 190 calories and 14g fiber in a multitude of flavors. I have tried about 18 of the flavors and have 8 favorites. I get Detour at Sams Club and Quest from either Amazon or Quest site, or where ever I can find the best price. Hope that helps.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone! ;)

Lana~ I am so sorry to hear about your friend...prayers, good thoughts & big hugs heading your way!! <3

Sara~ Happy dance for you moving into your new cubical it's about time & I hope you really enjoy your new space. :)

My week has been good, have ran 5.5-6.5 km every morning this week & walked my usual 6.5 km at lunch (except for today as I had an appointment to continue with my tattoo removal)...however, STILL not drop in weight :s but I am just going to keep truckin along & hopefully the body will catch up sooner or later...lol

Weekend plans for me involve cleaning my house from top to bottom...yay me...lol :p

Waves to all who follow & I hope everyone has a good/restful & relaxing weekend!

~Saltine~ >:)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Wow Saltine, you are just a bundle of energy! Cleaning your whole house this weekend? I am hoping to vacuum a room or two! LOL! Atta girl for all the kilometers you are clocking.
    Where do you live?

The TGIF R & R party is starting. Sara, you hurry up and get here!

Any new people are welcome too!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Had to sent a claim someone brought to me at work, I forgot it - but I came straight home. Dog is fed and we can get the meditation music and pillows out - fruit drinks with salt on rims between sessions.

Our section of the building is under construction so we have to walk more to get anywhere and boy did I walk a lot extra today. You may hear me snoring soon!!!

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

SATURDAY Jan 20th

Holy Cow! Sara - where are you? Are you OK?

I must start logging my food again. Here goes.....

BBL

Lana

246.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good morning,

Could not get on to this website this morning. Gee whillikers.

Dog is all pretty after groomers and all my errands are done will have quiche for lunch. Bought a variety of protein bars to sample.

Figured if I cancelled the paper and only ate at the Cafe at work 1 time a week I would be able to bridge the rent increase.

New pattern to crochet a heart garland is going well and will not take too much time which is nice. Nice when a pattern works = does not look like picture, but it looks like a heart. Close enough for me.

Boiled eggs (hard boiled)/raw nuts/ protein bar to keep the 2pm nap at bay this week. Making new quiche tomorrow, broccoli/onion/sauteed mushroom and the last of the Canadian Bacon.

Wave to all who follow. Lunch is ready and I am hungry.
  • hraasch12
    hraasch12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Not my 1st time to the rodeo. I lost 20 pounds on WW Smart Points, then they changed the program and the holidays/birthday happened. Now I'm just volleying 5 pounds up and down for the moth of January. Decided to try MFP again instead of WW as I'm not a fan of the new plan.

I have been very active this week (compared to normal weeks for me) then today I've been inactive. I have a certification exam on Tuesday, so being the weekend before I use all the time I can to study and take practice exams.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome HR.... !

Hi Sara~~ sorry to hear about rent increase. :(
    Glad Miss Tillie is all pretty and smells nice.

I am in a funk today, and can't yet get rid of it. Just brain chemicals; hoping tomorrow will be better.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - get rid of newspaper and eat only once at the cafe will make up the rent increase.

Took nap with Miss Tillie who is eating dinner. Oatmeal for me as I like to eat it once a day.

HR - welcome and good luck on your exam Tuesday!

Wishing all a good night - may fly by before lights out, but I may also fall asleep early.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning, dog up and fed - think she just barked at paper. Back to sleep for us.

Groceries, then roast vegetables for soup. Laundry/wash hand washing dishes/ make quiche.

BBL
  • Lilygator1017
    Lilygator1017 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! From the posts I think this is a nice group of people. I've started and stopped my weight loss journey many times. I think I just don't give it the chance it deserves. My husband and I have a 14 month old and she is so fast! I think my new goal is to get healthy just to keep up with her. I hope I can be a friend and supportive person for all of you :)
    Katie