JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wore fitness tracker yesterday for the first time- found out that the exercise bike gives me almost double the calories that my tracker does so perhaps my weight loss is a bit stalled from entering too many calories from that. I do try to only enter half the calories but sometimes I enter all of them because I want to eat more, and I get motivated to exercise because I get 200-300 more calories. But yesterday the bike, as usual, gave me 300 calories for around 42 minutes and the tracker gave me 190. So there you go.

JFT:
    1. Log all food- stay in the green
    2. Start over with week 2 of C25K - not ready to double running time
    3. Do housework in AM before leaving home
    4. Go to gym after work
    5. Have a productive day

Happy Tuesday!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Well for once the cat wasn't a jerk last night. In fact, I think at one point he was asleep on top of me. But of course, I woke up an hour before my alarm and couldn't get back to sleep. That's really annoying. It hasn't happened in a little while so I was hoping I was passed it...guess not. Oh well. Guess I'm running on 6 hours of sleep again today. I think lots of coffee will be in order. Lol.

So I'm going to Chick-Fil-A with one of my best friends and her son. Meeting up and chatting has turned into a weekly thing and I am loving it! We were really really close when I was a senior in high school and for a few years after. I actually introduced her to her husband. Lol. Ya know what's funny? It's been so long that I have no idea how I even met her husband. Lol. I'm drawing a total blank. Lol. But I used to call her my twin and everything. She was one of the people that I clung to during my crazy years. She helped steady me and welcomed me with open arms into her group of friends. I had actually met her when we were both in Elementary School. Her sister was in my grade and she was two years behind us. But we were all on the same bus. I think I remember talking to her more than her sister on the bus. Lol. But she was such an important part of my life during those years and I'm so glad to have her back. I dont know if anyone bought my poetry book but the "Senior Year" section she lived through most of with me. She's never mentioned directly I don't think but she was definitely involved in a lot of it. I actually sent her a copy back in the beginning of January and she said that they were amazing and that she could really see the difference in me from those years to now. She truly is one of the best people I know, and one of the best mothers I know. She adores her kids and is raising them right. And after so many years apart she is welcoming me back into the fold and letting me be a part of her children's lives. It just makes me feel so good!

Okay, that was a really long shpeal. I apologize. Lol. I guess I'm in a writing mood. Lol. Which is still a new thing for me.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday:
    1. Accurate log. Log things BEFORE eating them.
    2. Re-revise Week 6. Daily 5-min meditation. Update websites. Add links to blogroll. Comment on WTC. Call dentist.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    4. Book meeting after school. Meet with performance group after book meeting. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. Chop more celery. Pay for Masters course.
    5. Dinner: Plated 2? Meds after dinner. No snacking except celery and tea. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Feb 1 weigh-in: 173.6
    Feb 28 goal: 169.6

Today: 180.6. Yesterday was HORRIBLE. I was doing okay through lunch, but we were required to stay late at school for a meet-the-parents night that almost no parents came to. I just got angrier and angrier and I came home and ate my rage away. (And I watched Miss Congeniality as well.) I know it wasn't a wise choice, but I still don't really regret it, because the combination did help me let go of most of that unpleasantness. I'm still displeased with the situation, but even thinking back on it doesn't make me clench up in fiery fury like it did every time I thought about it yesterday afternoon.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi! Today:
    Under calorie goal,
    Make soup for 5 night dinner
    Running/yoga combo workout
    Grocery shopping
    Clean cars and bathrooms
    Budget planning paperwork
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Today: 180.6. Yesterday was HORRIBLE. I was doing okay through lunch, but we were required to stay late at school for a meet-the-parents night that almost no parents came to. I just got angrier and angrier and I came home and ate my rage away. (And I watched Miss Congeniality as well.) I know it wasn't a wise choice, but I still don't really regret it, because the combination did help me let go of most of that unpleasantness. I'm still displeased with the situation, but even thinking back on it doesn't make me clench up in fiery fury like it did every time I thought about it yesterday afternoon.

So sorry to hear about this. Just know that that is not normal. At my kiddos school, meet-the-parents night is ridiculously packed!! You would think it was so sort of concert when you see the parking lot, Lol!! There are parents out there that do still care about their kiddos education!! I'm sure it can be frustrating when you go through a season that seems otherwise. Hang in there, teachers are awesome and incredible people making a huge difference in the world!! I, for one, truly appreciate teachers and their dedication towards educating the future generations.

Sometimes we need a chic-flick and that usually comes with emotional eating. The trick is to stock up your pantry with some low-calorie snack foods. So when this happens, you reach for the low-calorie snacks like; air-popped popcorn (100 calorie bags), the fiber one brownies (100 calories and low sugar content) or the sorbet instead of ice cream :lol: It happens so why not prepare for it, Lol!!

Hang in there lady, you've got this!!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    2/13 Tuesday JFT:

Thank you all for the nice comments. I'm not 100% today so I am taking @HGSmith0920 advice and not pushing it.

▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ▪Go to lab and collect some more data then analyze it from home today (I'm not staying at the lab today.)
    ▪Costco (need a few necessities)
    ▪Research work from home
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Nap ~ 30 min.
    ▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Parent-teacher night usually fell on my birthday in high school. Sometimes one of my parents would go and sometimes both of them would and we'd just celebrate my birthday another time. I was kind of upset about it back then but now that I think about it I'm actually kind of glad that they went because every time they came home they had a huge smile on their faces and would give me an extra tight hug because all of my teachers praised me. I know that when I have kids that are in school I will definitely be going to their school nights @MLHC1 is right. Teachers are amazing people. I had some really AWESOME ones when I was in school and college. You seem to really care about your kids and it was not nice of the parents to stand you up like that. I hope you take encouragement from the fact that some people still really respect you and think that you are important!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @MLHC1 That sounds like a nice easy day. From what I can tell, you have a great family and are an awesome mom. Dont try to do too much. I'm glad you aren't staying at the lab today. And the nap sounds heavenly! Lol. Take some vitamins if you can(which ones, I have no idea Lol) I hope you feel better soon!

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    @OConnell5483 So I am up, dressed, hair and makeup done, and shoes are on and I still have 20 minutes before I have to leave! Lol. I think that I am going to start changing into my day clothes before I go and get my coffee in the morning. That way it will be easier to weigh myself right when I get up and not after 2 cups of coffee and some breakfast! Lol.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Wow! Your post is beaming with all those smiley faces!!! Super great job. RE: sweats. I think it's a great idea to wear jeans to remind you of the waste band. I tossed my sweats out almost ten years ago, and I've not regretted it. I do not have yoga pants (I just work out in an old pair of cropped pants or shorts). But if I did, I would use them just for exercise/yoga. Even though I am home during the day, I put on jeans or slacks and shoes. It increases my productivity and I just "feel" better.

Oh, and I see you prepped and accessorized your clothes for the week---I think that really got your mornings off to a great start...I'm glad you got it done again...less stress for the morning!

Peace and joy

Thank you! I don't know what happened, but suddenly yesterday a few light bulbs went on. :mrgreen:

Regarding the jeans....I really don't know what happened! I never used to wear sweat pants around the house. I always wore jeans and a top and did my hair and make-up because I wanted to look nice for my husband. I also just plain felt better when I did that. I don't know what happened to change that...probably a few factors: stressed out from work, dealing with complications of chemo and surgeries, weight gain, depression... Excuses, of course, but I think I think I got in a rut and just didn't even realize it. So, I'm glad you understand what I'm coming from with that one! I really believe it will make a difference. A small change that could pay out big!

And yes, this is week 2 for setting out my outfits for the week so I can just shower and go without thinking about it. Also making my breakfast and lunch for the next day, getting coffee pot set on auto timer, and my laptop bag packed and by the door ready to go. My oh my, does that ever make my morning go smooth!!!

xoxo

@OConnell5483 You are inspiring me. I can relate to a lot of what you posted. So easy to slip into a rut. Funny how my yoga pants are my go to now. Maybe when I used to wear my jeans it helped keep me aware of when things were getting too tight. I love so much of what you said. On the mornings when I've planned ahead, things tend to go smoothly and I can adjust my morning if I encounter obstacles (kid tantrums, dog fiasco, etc). Otherwise, I'm scrambling & making poor choices later in the day b/c of the stress I encountered earlier.

2 things come to mind that I've heard in the past:
    Always think "what would my future self appreciate" (having hot coffee brewing as you awake, clothes selected & laid out)
    According to FlyLady (google-funny lady) if you wear lace up shoes instead of slip on shoes or bare feet, you'll get more done in a day (wearing jeans vs stretchy yoga pants).

Just a thought! :smile: