Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    oooh! I pushed us over to 3180! only 20 more pages before 4000!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work. I seem to have misplaced the spreadsheet. Can you send it to me whenever it's convenient, please?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I think my scale is broken. Anyone know of a way to re-calibrate it?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I think my scale is broken. Anyone know of a way to re-calibrate it?

Take the batteries out over night. It might reset when you put them back.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy Belated Birthday, @kellyjellybellyjelly ! Hope you had a great day!

Thanks Kelly! I had a great day. Went to Red Robin with my mom, sister & all of her little terrors LOL.

Oh, happy birthday! I have completely stopped looking at the xls on birthdays. I need to get back to reviewing it. I love sending cards. :)

We need some updates on that spreadsheet!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Getting real here y'all.
    1. I bought one of each flavor of GS cookies this year (plus a box of Samoas just for my son and two boxes of the GF flavor to send to my daughter who has Celiac.
    2. My experiment a la Lyle McDonald to keep low carb during the week and do refeed/higher carb cycles on the weekends to help this hole leptin / glycogen cycle help me nip these last 7lbs in the bud has completely failed.
    3. Carb restriction has led to THREE binges...something I have never experienced in my entire life and seriously has me emotionally questioning my ability to maintain weight loss.
    4. As I was inhaling my third bowl of cereal last night, I decided to dial things back to basically only monitoring calories, worrying less about macros and eating the way I have all along to lose weight.
    5. Seriously it's 7lbs to lose; I could just switch to maintenance and do recomp, but I have yet to figure out how to commit to lifting and achieve the running/racing goals I have. I'm thinking of eating at maintenance, not eating exercise calories except for on long run days, when I burn 800 > 1100 calories.
    6. Thanks for letting me dump this here.

Low carb has the same effect on me. I will freak out and binge. It's just a matter of when.

It took me three weeks to catch on, but holy crap. It was scary and weird. I truly feel for sufferers of BED. I'm happy today just knowing that I have bread and cereal and oranges in my lunchbox!

Sounds like you're on the right track with knowing what works for you & what doesn't.

I know if I get overly restrictive with my dieting by either calories or limiting what I eat then I tend to binge. I still struggle at times, but I'll get there eventually.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    oooh! I pushed us over to 3180! only 20 more pages before 4000!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work. I seem to have misplaced the spreadsheet. Can you send it to me whenever it's convenient, please?

Of course!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy Belated Birthday, @kellyjellybellyjelly ! Hope you had a great day!

Thanks Kelly! I had a great day. Went to Red Robin with my mom, sister & all of her little terrors LOL.

Oh, happy birthday! I have completely stopped looking at the xls on birthdays. I need to get back to reviewing it. I love sending cards. :)

We need some updates on that spreadsheet!!

Send them along! I have a few I've updated.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Three things today:
    1. I hate working on Saturday
    2. I really hate working on Saturday to do things other people just aren't doing but could.
    3. I have not paid a whit of attention to may calories for the last two days. (No surprise there because I had my Depoprovera shot on Thursday, but maybe confessing will help me get back on track tomorrow.)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Me, walking into the store 10 minutes before closing, in pajamas and untied sneakers, buying only vodka and gum:
    hello friends, as you can see, my life is, completely under control,,,,,,,

*kitten*-ton of essays to write and I, predictably, am doing NOTHING! But I have been exercising and playing the violin, so I've got that going for me. And now that I have alcohol I don't feel quite so bad about doing nothing.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you have been exercising, and the violin is cool. Brave of your parents to let you learn in my opinion :lol:

I don't really think many people would consider their lives under control. Most of us wing it from day to day. I currently have spiralling debts so mine definitely isn't under control. Treading water is how I would describe mine.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    When I have a ton of "have to dos", I make a list and trade three completed "have to" for one "want to". Then I work on each "have to" for fifteen minutes at a time. (for example, yesterday, I needed to do laundry, dishes and clean my bathroom, so I worked on dishes for 15 minutes, then laundry for 15, then the bathroom, then back to dishes for 15 minutes, then laundry for 15, then I started dinner, finished the dishes and did more laundry. Then I watched Netflix, guilt free.) It's a system that works for me.

Confession: I was really aggravated at the boys for the number of dirty glasses they has in their rooms & the den. I spent the first 15 minutes carrying dishes to the kitchen.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Happy Mardi Gras or Pancake Day, whichever you celebrate if you celebrate either.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I had every intention of stopping for fast food or convenience store snacks on my drive home and secretly stuffing my face. Instead I babied a few sunflower seeds and got home ASAP to cook my planned dinner. So glad I did. It was easy dinner, too! Frozen pizza and DIY Olive Garden salad.

Yum!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Thank you! Although, pancakes aren't on the menu. :( Mostly because I can't be bothered, but also Danny doesn't like them.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Thank you! Although, pancakes aren't on the menu. :( Mostly because I can't be bothered, but also Danny doesn't like them.

Not like pancakes? That ain't right!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Happy Mardi Gras or Pancake Day, whichever you celebrate if you celebrate either.

I am willing to celebrate both! Mardi Gras = cake, right?!?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Not like pancakes? That ain't right!

I know! Of all the unhealthy likes he does like, I can't believe pancakes don't make the list! Or waffles. Actually, now I think about it, maybe it's a warm dessert thing. He doesn't like hot desserts, so maybe they come under that bracket. Either way, its not right.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I guess Fat Tuesday means I can have pizza.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I guess Fat Tuesday means I can have pizza.

I like how you think! Mmmmm, buffalo chicken pizza...