Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Well, at least you have been exercising, and the violin is cool. Brave of your parents to let you learn in my opinion :lol:

I don't really think many people would consider their lives under control. Most of us wing it from day to day. I currently have spiralling debts so mine definitely isn't under control. Treading water is how I would describe mine.

Same.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    When I have a ton of "have to dos", I make a list and trade three completed "have to" for one "want to". Then I work on each "have to" for fifteen minutes at a time. (for example, yesterday, I needed to do laundry, dishes and clean my bathroom, so I worked on dishes for 15 minutes, then laundry for 15, then the bathroom, then back to dishes for 15 minutes, then laundry for 15, then I started dinner, finished the dishes and did more laundry. Then I watched Netflix, guilt free.) It's a system that works for me.

Confession: I was really aggravated at the boys for the number of dirty glasses they has in their rooms & the den. I spent the first 15 minutes carrying dishes to the kitchen.

Confession: I'd never get anything completed if I did this. I have to finish, or at least get to a stopping point with one thing at a time with NO fun stuff in between or I just won't do the "have to's". But it's awesome that you've found a system that works for you!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Happy Mardi Gras or Pancake Day, whichever you celebrate if you celebrate either.

I am willing to celebrate both! Mardi Gras = cake, right?!?

Yes, King Cake. And if you find the baby, you get good luck until next year.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited February 2018
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I guess Fat Tuesday means I can have pizza.

I like how you think! Mmmmm, buffalo chicken pizza...

Fat Tuesday means you can eat whatever it takes to use it up and get it out of the house before Lent starts tomorrow. Way way way back in the day, Lent meant no eggs, dairy, meat, leaven, sugar or alcohol from Ash Wednesday to Easter.
    So pizza, wings, whatever you have that's yummy. :)
    ETA: at my house it's pancakes and bacon for dinner.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Love your work system Mel. I am queen of bitting and bobbing. I cannot plan my day very much what with the baby, so I just grab any 10 minute opportunity I get. I live in hope for the day I get an uninterrupted hour to just concentrate on one thing!
  • emberlynn16
    emberlynn16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I log things like stretching and let myself eat back all the calories even though I know the calorie burns from MFP are ridiculous. That's for days I need a little extra flexibility, e.g. if I've gone out and had a drink or two.

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

but doesn't that make more sense? as you are in fact onto the next day
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Well, at least you have been exercising, and the violin is cool. Brave of your parents to let you learn in my opinion :lol:

I don't really think many people would consider their lives under control. Most of us wing it from day to day. I currently have spiralling debts so mine definitely isn't under control. Treading water is how I would describe mine.

Same.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup.
  • Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    On fridays, I eat less than 800 calories throughout the day so I can drink a bottle of wine...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Love your work system Mel. I am queen of bitting and bobbing. I cannot plan my day very much what with the baby, so I just grab any 10 minute opportunity I get. I live in hope for the day I get an uninterrupted hour to just concentrate on one thing!

I am pretty sure that I developed this system when I had three 6 and under. :) it does get better, but this works for me so I stuck with it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

When you are on a pretty serious calorie deficit, it's o'dark-thirty at the gym, you're lifting fasted, and you see this... :'(

1usm9kjtcrkd.jpg
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Ahhh boo! Did you sniff it to see what flavour it was? :lol:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I would ask why you're lifting fasted, but I am planning to do it later so I won't.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

It's Reese's. I didn't even have to. I just knew!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I would ask why you're lifting fasted, but I am planning to do it later so I won't.

I lift fasted every morning. 4:30 is too early for any type of food!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

It's Reese's. I didn't even have to. I just knew!

Oh! It looks like a cupcake wrapper. Reese's makes sense!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: chocolate protein drink & oreos
    Lunch: chocolate almonds & strawberry licorice
    Dinner: probably vodka.
    Yeahhhhhh valentines dayyyy
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options