What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: ham-and-cheddar cornbread waffle topped with two eggs over-easy, kiwi, coffee.

Lunch: leftover coconut-braised greens & chickpeas over a baked sweet potato (this was SO good last night), an apple or side salad if I need to round it out.

Dinner: I'm thinking pork dragon noodles with lots of vegetables tossed in.

Snacks: Same as yesterday -- I'm super tired to I'm going to try to avoid snacking. (Ended up eating a snack bag of Cheetos at 11:00 last night, so was not entirely successful. Stupid insomnia sapping my willpower.)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Homemade Oat Bar with Raspberries/Blackberries with coffee

Snack: Unsweetened applesauce with hemp hearts

Lunch: Egg White Omelette with chopped peppers and cheese with baby potatoes baked with mushrooms and onions

Snack: Chopped carrot sticks with homemade ranch

Dinner: Rice, Bean and Cheese Casserole (my own creation with lentils, veggies and grated cheese) with garden salad and homemade dressing.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast = oatmeal with cheese melted in

Lunch = sandwich on honey wheat bread with fresh sliced deli turkey and cheese. Moro blood orange

Dinner = grilled chicken. Steamed broccoli with cheese

Snacks = not sure yet
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - egg, American cheese, toast, orange juice, coffee
    Lunch - roast turkey, stuffing, veggies
    Wild Card - apple
    Dinner - protein plus pasta, meatballs, sauce, green beans

1448 calories
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with yellow pepper, mixed berries and coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Mixed greens salad with greek yogurt dressing, crackers and cheese, kirkland protein bar
    Snack: 1 cup pineapple chunks, skinny pop popcorn and a chocolate covered strawberry
    Dinner: Ended up having quesadillas last night instead of what we planned, so having the lemon chicken, asparagus and parm noodles tonight
    Late Snack: 1/4 pint halo top
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: homemade bagel with cream cheese
    Lunch: Little Salad Bar classic chicken salad, celery sticks, hardboiled egg, string cheese
    Dinner: 4oz hambuger patty with pickles and ketchup, steak fries
    Afternoon snack: grapes
    After dinner snack: TBD
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Black-eyed peas with sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, and picante sauce

Lunch: Black-eyed pea curry with homemade sesame flax crackers and a cilantro pesto and garbanzo bean flatbread, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Black bean tostada with avocado, salsa, and romaine lettuce
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Overnight Oats smoothie with frozen strawberries
    Lunch: Spinach Pesto with Chicken and Whole Wheat thin spaghetti
    Dinner: Honey Lime Chicken Drumstick with garlic parmesan cauliflower rice
    Snacks: ummm maybe a banana

I prepped and cooked all my food on Sunday,
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: big mug of tea

Lunch: salad of baby greens with leftover salmon, horseradish mustard vinaigrette.

Dinner: Venison stroganoff and roasted brussel sprouts, radishes and carrots, red wine
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Protein shake of 2% milk, vanilla whey protein powder, banana and cinnamon; black coffee

Lunch: Golden coconut lentil soup, leftover sausage crumbles, 2% Fage yogurt with fresh blueberries and pineapple

Dinner: Pan grilled rainbow trout, roasted beets and butternut squash, avocado, pistachios and a spicy orange vinaigrette dressing

Snack: Hummus, cucumber, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, herbal tea
  • lporter229
    Options
    Breakfast: Black-eyed peas with sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, and picante sauce

Lunch: Black-eyed pea curry with homemade sesame flax crackers and a cilantro pesto and garbanzo bean flatbread, Clif nut butter bar

Your meals always sound very yummy and interesting, but my god my husband would divorce me if I ate that many legumes!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Your meals always sound very yummy and interesting, but my god my husband would divorce me if I ate that many legumes!

Haha, I worked up to it gradually! If I had gone right to level six legume consumption, I probably would also be single! :D
  • Brimstone14
    Brimstone14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 slice bacon, 2 organic eggs, tomato sauce.

Lunch: salmon fillet oven baked, veg, nuts.

Dinner: Ribeye steak, veg.
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    1247 calories

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 turkey bacon, 2 wonder bread (don’t judge :) ), Int’l coffee vanilla caramel

Lunch: 2 pieces Oat So Healthy bread, 2 oz turkey, TJ’s red pepper spread w/garlic & eggplant, 2 cups spinach, grape tomatoes, McMormick bacon bits, 3 Tbsp Skinny Girl poppyseed dressing

Dinner: 2 oz rigatoni, ½ cup Prego sauce, 1 bird ball (recipe on request, from mudhustler)

Snack: 3-2-1 mug cake, 1 cup Halo vanilla bean ice cream
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with yellow pepper, mixed berries and coffee with peppermint mocha creamer
    Lunch: Mixed greens salad with greek yogurt dressing, crackers and cheese, kirkland protein bar
    Snack: 1 cup red grapes, 1 oz beef jerky, sugar cookie
    Dinner: Spaghetti with sauce, 1 small piece garlic bread, salad
    Night snack: 1/4 pint red velvet halo top
  • donutsnonuts
    donutsnonuts Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Overnight Oats (chia, almond milk, cinnamon, blueberries) had with more almond milk, hm nutty Granola and a couple of prunes.
    Lunch: hard tofu with a lil abc sauce, broccoli, beans, capsicum, zucchini.
    Dinner: half tuna, brown rice & quinoa, capers, parsley, cherry toms and a lil cream cheese stuff small capsicum top with cheese. Half of a Thai veggie burger topped with a lil sweet chilli sauce. Side of lettuce and beetroot.
    Snacks: half a parmasan bagel with cream cheese topped with smoked salmon.
    Green olives, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, some apple.
    Note: I'm a meat eater I'm just broke and only buy specials & markdowns mostly. The halfs aren't so much portion control as making things stretch. :D
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: big mug of tea

Lunch: Leftover venison stroganoff

Dinner: pulled pork sandwiches with bbq sauce and slaw, raw carrots and sugar snap peas, homemade pickle spears
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: two slices of toast with butter and jam, cottage cheese, coffee.

Lunch: will be leftover coconut-braised chickpeas & greens over a sweet potato (again).

Dinner: will be leftovers of last night's pasta puttanesca.

Does anyone else hit this point mid-week, where you kind of just have a pile of leftovers to work through? I feel like even though I plan my meals carefully I end up slogging through leftovers for a good chunk of the week.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Breakfast: Cilantro pesto garbanzo bean flatbread, black-eyed pea curry

Lunch: Cilantro pesto garbanzo bean flatbread, Doritos

Dinner: Vegetables with curry sauce, fancy Valentine's cocktail

@avskk I totally reach that point! It's why I'm having the same flatbread for breakfast and lunch today. I mean, they're good, but not good enough to have for breakfast and lunch without the extra motivation of clearing up space in my fridge.
  • lporter229
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Does anyone else hit this point mid-week, where you kind of just have a pile of leftovers to work through? I feel like even though I plan my meals carefully I end up slogging through leftovers for a good chunk of the week.

Sometimes. My lunch is almost always leftovers from the previous night, but they can still pile up. I try to eat the things that don't freeze well and I freeze the things like soups, sauces, etc.