Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Do diets work?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Alright people - you fill yourselves with Cheeseburgers and i will fill my self with chicken breast and salad and we will see which one makes it to the top of the mountain first - my god its not rocket science

Ok, so basically, if I eat 5000 calories of your 'healthy' foods every day (and gain a ton of weight in the process), then I will be more fit than the person who eats junk and loses all of the extra weight?

if you burn them off like me you will be just fine

re-read the quote and answer the question that was asked
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Alright people - you fill yourselves with Cheeseburgers and i will fill my self with chicken breast and salad and we will see which one makes it to the top of the mountain first - my god its not rocket science

You honestly think that this is what posters are saying....honestly?

Oh...chicken breast and salad sounds like a pretty terrible pre-endurance event....where's the carbs? I usually go for some pasta of some sort pre-endurance events.

I loved carb loading before big races, I didn't love protein loading the day of. My mom always made me eat tuna. It took me until my adult life to be able to eat it again.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    The original question was do diets work... we have since been dragged into the weeds by someone who wants to equate fitness with diet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    RGv2 wrote: »

well according to you I can eat Oreos and Big macs all day and be just fine so why monitor the macros?

You honestly think that this is what posters are saying....honestly?

I would really like an answer to this question, because quite obviously that is not what people have said.
    Oh...I don't know if I'd advocate chicken breast and salad pre-endurance event.....where's the carbs? I usually go for some pasta of some sort before endurance events.

I'd also agree that this is NOT what I'd consider a great pre endurance meal. Add some potatoes or sweet potatoes or pasta, sure!

Also curious what's in this 100 g of sugar burger. Never seen such a thing. Seems inconsistent with the normal ingredients in a burger, but I guess Irishman1970 may have some interesting tastes, dunno.