WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Felicia: Functional fitness is a great concept. I'm so glad you shared the idea. I would love for DH to take that class. He wouldn't even if it was next-door and free. :ohwell:

Allie: Lenora is very smart about the whole issue of divorce and property. Please give her ideas to your lawyer and ask the lawyer what she advises. This is your chance for a stable future. Don't give anything to TomCat that is rightfully yours. :star:

Becca: Enjoy your crab. Yum!!! Good luck to your son on his next assignment. :smiley:

Joyce: I'm glad you took a look at the voice option, and understand completely why you opted not to use it. It was worth a try, though. :flowerforyou:

Wendy: WTG!!! I am so glad that you stood up to your DH and got the arena cleared. I think it is a very big deal and you did the right thing. :star:

Sunkist: I find that comfort food is frequently my enemy. :ohwell: I hope you are able to get things in balance.

It looks like the yoga schedule at the gym will soon be much smaller. One of our teachers is on major overload and needs to get more rest. We will have classes only on Thursday and Friday mornings. I'm planning to fill part of the void earlier in the week with Arrow time --it will be good for both of us. I hope I can be reasonably consistent spending time with him.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." CS Lewis
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    JOYCE the film is based on truth the writer Alan Bennet is great, don't know if you can watch his series of monologues called Talking Heads brilliant. I loved the film too

MARY thanks for the link

Kate UK
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    o494tpsw0a60.jpg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that I have let everyone down... `
    I am trying to do my best to get through all this..Im not trying to rob the man blind, yes he hurt me , and I will try and keep my lawyer but I have spent 17,500 and will have to pay more to get through the trial..
    I will leave here for a bit and will check in when all is said and done..
    and Toms lawyer is an *kitten*, even the marshall said she was uncouth .. so he paid 5,000 flat fee and I got the better lawyer ..

Allie, you are a kind, loving, giving person. You'll be missed. Please do come back soon. <3

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Felicia - I, too, often get discouraged when I see a 20 or 30 something exercising. That's about all you see leading the DVD's. But then I keep reminding myself that they aren't my age, and hopefully they'll be as active as I am.

KJ - one time I dropped my curling iron on my skin on my chest. Fortunately, I wasn't wearing a short that would melt. The doc this time asked what that was on my chest. When I told her how i got it, she just laughed.

Marsha - I'm in Newton. Welcome!

Joyce - I'm sure that Lisa's daughter knows that if her hubby came back with PTSD and it was a real problem, Lisa would change her plans.

Wendy - I think you did an awesome job getting your hubby's chit out. Many times Vince doesn't do something until I put it right in front of him. A good cry helps so much. Good for you exercising your feeling out rather than stress eating

sunkist - sounds like you found a great medium for your exercise. When you're working you core, don't forget the opposing muscles which are the lower back. You also need to work the opposing muscle group

Went out by the pool, came in and started getting dinner ready. Went to the ceramics place here to see if they had my shell ready to take home but not yet so I'll get it early Tuesday. Went to the bank for Vince, then Publix for vegetables for me, then WalMart, back here to microwave the veges and have dinner, divided the veges into individual packs, got things ready for what I'll take with me tomorrow, now here. Will do a little x-stitch, color my roots, take a shower and get to bed. Not sure what time we'll be leaving tomorrow.

Michele who isn't in FL long enough
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    :) Yes, I am obsessed with watching Olympic figure skating. I just finished watching all 30 men do their short programs. I rode my exercise bike the whole time so I was not idle. Because I watch recordings on my DVR, I have to be careful to avoid news broadcasts or people who might report the results to me before I've seen my recordings.

:'( We have to go to a meeting in Seattle all day tomorrow and can't leave the dogs home alone so we boarded them. I miss them and so does Bernie (the cat). I thought that at least I'd be able to watch figure skating without being interrupted by dogs wanting to go out. Instead, poor lonely Bernie wanted me to hold him on my lap while I rode the bike.

:)<3Wendy, good for you for speaking up. Between the unwanted guests and all the stuff in your horse yard, your husband has taken much too much advantage of you and needed to have that explained to him.

:) I found MFP and this thread at age 62 after decades of failure at weight loss. Thanks to logging food and exercise and making use of what you all told me, I lost the weight I wanted to lose and have kept it off. I made it my hobby and my number one priority.

<3 Barbie in drizzly NW Washington
  • knjiuv
    knjiuv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Barbie where are you finding all the short programs are you going on the Internet and life streaming them or art to have them on TV

Katla, my daughter who is the iPad kind of expert she helped me have one of those Duh moments. There is a microphone on the keyboard on my iPad. When you're wanting to put a comma or a period or anything like that in your comment you do have to stop you're speaking and put that in but all I have to do is talk and it's put on here so down my poor little fingers don't have to hurt so much when I type.

I don't know what's going on but for some reason my blood pressure is good right now and that's different for me I don't feel dizzy with it but I'm going to rejoice with it and save it I guess my blood pressure medicine is finally on the correct program of medicines though just the right amount of medicines and milligram but it's working and we wanted to complain .

That's it for the rest of the night I'll see you tomorrow. Joyce Indiana
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Becca, I am an Aries, like Lisa. April 5th. I can be fiery. And impulsive. LOL A bit ram-headed. My DH is also an Aries. Two rams butting heads. LOL But I don't hold grudges or sulk. I blow and then it's over and forgotten.

Lisa, I've mentioned before that my brother is in the Army and married to an Army wife and they have had foreign nannies for years. In between nannies, my mother goes to watch the kids AND the other grandma also takes a turn looking after the littles...so maybe it's your son in laws mom's turn. I told all my daughters that I was through looking after little kids and that if they had children, it was up to them to look after them. "Don't expect me to babysit because I have a life!" That's what I said, but dern it, I do love my two grandies and I don't mind the occasional babysitting night...but even a weekend would do me in. LOL. You and your DH have been saints, Lisa, so don't feel guilty even though DD is packing a sad... <3 Wendy
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: You have not let us down. We want to be sure you do not get cheated in your divorce proceedings. You are often too nice, especially to Tom Cat. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche

"When you are going through hell....keep going." Winston Churchill

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Allie, let us down? NEVER! I think because we aren’t there to give you a big hug we give big advice. I think you are a smart woman who will figure out what’s best for you. Come back when you are ready and we’ll be right here waiting for you. (((HUGS))) <3<3<3

Terry
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wendy You're my hero.

Karen in Virginia