What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Today is one of those "I have plans with people who love fast food" days...I'm glad they don't come around too often, but fine with it.

Breakfast: scrambled egg with hot sauce, wheat toast, whole navel orange, black coffee
    Lunch: I plan to eat a double meat Arby's roast beef sandwich with no bun and 1 packet of horseradish sauce
    Snack: celery stalks w/ individual Justin's peanut butter
    Dinner: double cheeseburger at McDonald's with 1/2 bun, small slice of birthday cake (it's gonna be coconut cake from a good bakery)

Not typical at all & cringe-inducing on many levels, but it works. Tasty. Right at my calorie goal despite all the sodium and fat and so forth.
  • tmyatt23
    tmyatt23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 slices of whole wheat toast.
    Lunch: grilled chicken, green beans, and red potatoes.
    Dinner:Turkey breast and brown rice.
  • blackcatfitness
    blackcatfitness Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with strawberries, blueberries and a banana

Cauliflower buffalo bites (home made) with sweet potato fries and garbanzo bean dip (also homemade)

Dinner will be meatless stuffed peppers with chile verde grain rice, fresh cilantro, carrots and mushrooms

Snacks will be salsa or garlic hummus on a naan.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: crackers and cheese, moka latte.

Lunch: will be leftover braised chicken and white rice, with some kind of vegetable.

Dinner: will be pork-and-vegetable dragon noodles (agaaaiiiin).

Snacks: not sure yet, but I have a meeting in an hour and there are usually mini candybars on the tables for these things. I'm only human.

... I desperately need to grocery shop but I'm in one of my periodic "ugh, food, why, gross, boring, no" phases. :/
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    [
    ... I desperately need to grocery shop but I'm in one of my periodic "ugh, food, why, gross, boring, no" phases. :/

Lol. Just dragging myself out of one of those...
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Protein shake (and I stole a 1/4th of my daughters toast that she didn't eat, I logged it though!)
    Lunch: Veggies (cabbage, onion, and asparagus) and chipotle sausage. I threw it all on a sheet pan and roasted it for 2 lunches this week
    Dinner: We are having a Blue Apron, so I am just not eating the potatoes off of it. 2 chicken legs tossed in harissa paste and sautéed zucchini and peppers (recipe called for dates, but I left them out because of the sugar content)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    ldscott716 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Haven't done this in a while...

Breakfast: Oatmeal with vanilla whey protein powder, golden raisins and unsweetened coconut flakes, black coffee

Lunch: Spaghetti squash with homemade turkey meatballs and marinara sauce

Dinner: Singapore Street noodles with tofu (Budgetbytes.com recipe)

Snacks: Peanut butter and banana, Lindt dark chocolate truffle

Those Singapore noodles sound fantastic! Thanks for the recipe link!

I have made it several times. It's one of my husband's favorites. Hope you enjoy it!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: cinnamon toast and milk
    Lunch: chicken fajita bowl
    Dinner: roasted chicken quarter, mushroom pilaf, asparagus

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: small cappuccino
    Lunch: Probably "chicken" fajitas on naan bread
    Dinner: Not entirely sure yet. Probably a pasta dish comprising of tomatos, zucchini, and shrimp.
    Dessert: Peanut butter cup halo top ice cream
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs with red pepper, banana, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Brown rice, grilled chicken, tomatoes, black beans and guacamole + a protein bar
    Dinner: Chicken noodle soup
    Night snack: 1/3 pint halo top and a mini twizzler
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: leftover pork-and-vegetable dragon noodles, coffee.

Lunch: will be a random selection from the odds and ends in my fridge -- pickles, olives, assorted cheese nubs, prosciutto, salame, cold baked potatoes, etc. Loads of sodium, no vegetables, mmmmm, good adulting.

Dinner: will be basic braised chicken quarters, pan gravy, noodles, and broccoli.

Snacks: I have a lone prosciutto-wrapped cheese stick, I think.

The grocery situation is getting real, y'all. I'm determined to meal plan and make a list today, haul my tuckus to the store after work tomorrow, and make myself spend the weekend cooking for the upcoming week.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast = Oatmeal with melted Vermont white cheddar and salt and pepper

Lunch = turkey sandwich on honey wheat bread, Moro blood orange

Dinner = chicken taco pasta, steamed corn

Snacks = probably veggie straws and/or (depending on how much activity I log in) dry chocolate mini wheats
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I stayed under my calorie budget by having cookies instead of lunch, granola bars instead of dinner, and extra ice cream.
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: prosciutto, half an avocado, half a Pink Lady apple

Lunch: Trader Joe's organic deli turkey with the other half of the avocado, baby carrots, Lara Bar

Dinner: chicken breast with veggie "fried" riced cauliflower, the other half of the Pink Lady apple

Snacks: probably having a second dinner after work consisting of sweet potato and eggs
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast.. except when I'm travelling and it's the morning buffet. I can't resist freebies.

Lunch: sometimes a salad with one avocado, spinach, rucola, feta, egg. Sometimes meat and veggies. If I feel fancy I'll go to a restaurant nearby and bag a chicken gorgonzola with side salad.

Dinner: meat (sausages, salmon, steak) and salad, or I just gorge on a cheese plateau and glass of wine. Plus dark chocolate.
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 cup apple cinnamon cheerios (dry), scrambled eggs with red pepper, mixed berries, coffee/creamer
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with cucumber and greek yogurt dressing, crackers/cheese, kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Yoplait Protein yogurt, apple with peanut butter
    Dinner: Lentil pasta, bbq pulled pork, brocolli and carrots
    Night Snack: 1/3 pint halo top
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & strawberry jam, black coffee
    Lunch: taco salad - La Tiara taco shells crumbled on top of peppers, onions, and TVP taco meat with a little ranch dressing & salsa
    Dinner: baked salmon casserole with celery & panko breadcrumbs, grilled asparagus, homemade cole slaw
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Chipotle Seasoned chicken deli meat sandwich
    Lunch: Sicilian Rice Ball casserole
    Dinner: Chicken stuffed with broccoli and cheese with asparagus
    Snack: Mixed fruit cup
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Millville Sweet & Salty almond bar
    Lunch: Sandwich (Fit&Active wheat bread, turkey, ham, light mayo, pickles & lettuce), grapes & string cheese
    Afternoon snack: Honeycrisp apple
    Dinner: Sloppy Joe with a side salad
    After dinner snack: TBD, maybe some pretzels or ice cream
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Gevalia cappuccino
    Lunch: Taco pasta skillet
    Dinner: Either naan pizzas or a street kitchen package made with "chicken" and veggies with naan
    Snacks: cup of tea, halo top ice cream