Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    ali3boys wrote: »
    Sundays are a killer for me. I mean, I am pretty good throughout the week, and moderate at best on Friday and Saturday (but all fit in my daily calorie goal), but when the Sunday blues kick in, it's devastating. Not only the caloric intake, it's the Monday feeling like trash, starting my week off out on a bad foot because of my low energy, half assed workout. Any thoughts?

I'm going to try to start incorporating fun exercise on Sunday's now that the weather is getting better. Followed up with a moderate treat whatever that maybe. Example; hike/lunch or bike ride/breakfast with or without a drink. Something physical... But out of my normal workout. It doesn't have to be a all day thing, but just a nice outing to get out of the house for a little bit. Good luck :)

Love the idea @ali3boys. Jan-March just kinda sucks up this way for weather and dark. But definitely much more time outside soon!
  • HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sundays are a killer for me. I mean, I am pretty good throughout the week, and moderate at best on Friday and Saturday (but all fit in my daily calorie goal), but when the Sunday blues kick in, it's devastating. Not only the caloric intake, it's the Monday feeling like trash, starting my week off out on a bad foot because of my low energy, half assed workout. Any thoughts?

What if you volunteer on Sundays? Find a place that needs volunteers. I bet the blues will be swept aside. I always feeling better after I help someone.
    My sister told me about a site that you can make cards for children who are ill. She says when she feels down, she makes some cards. And writes some inspiring messages. You can do this from your home whether you're crafty or not:)
    http://www.cardsforhospitalizedkids.com/get-involved.html

https://www.moneycrashers.com/good-places-volunteer-opportunities-organizations/
    Places to volunteer :smile:

Greatly appreciate the recommendation @JulieAL1969 !! I'll check it out for sure!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hey guys i can keep u company tonight.. another night in the car instead of driinking.
    (Just been kicked out)
    Any suggestions of a movie i can watch?
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I've just found this board. I'm so impressed with the resolve and all the great support and suggestions. I've been fighting to reduce my alcohol intake for years. It has been slow and there has been backsliding, but I am getting it under control.
    I am making a point to measure how much I drink because it has been too easy just to "pour a little more" in the glass. I also started putting stickers in my calendar for completely drink-free days. I'm very visual and loved to see each month have more and more happy faces. Sounds childish when I write it, but it really worked for me.
    Oh, and I love the "damp" idea rather than dry. For people who can keep it under control, damp sounds so much less final.
    Happy March!

Welcome! I am sure you will find support and encouragement here. I too, print a calendar every month and put it on my fridge with kiddie stickers that say, "wow!" or "I did it!" and "awesome!". I feel proud when I put a fresh sticker on, which isn't every day but has become MOST days. Seems silly but it helps me.
  • MandyPie621
    MandyPie621 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My issue is that, I usually only drink once a week.. but I can't stop at just one or two drinks.. I get down glass two of wine and I see the end of four or five! My goal is to try and limit to only drinking every other weekend maybe? I don't know.. I just need to cut it out, because (like another post said in her response) I do so well during the week and then on Saturday all my hard work is eaten up by wine followed by hangover food and laziness.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey guys i can keep u company tonight.. another night in the car instead of driinking.
    (Just been kicked out)

Are you ok? My mind is blank, can't think of one movie. :/
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    (Just been kicked out)

Thanku.. xo
  • ali3boys
    ali3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't post often, but I read every single post from all of you. I backslid this month, been going over my goal a lot more than 50% of the time. The amazing thing is that while I was discouraged at the beginning of the month, I've actually been encouraged the last week or so. I've stopped opening a beer because "its time" at night. If I don't want a beer yet, I don't have it. That might not seem like much, but its huge to me. I actually drank 1 under my goal one night. Thank you all for being here and letting me go through this with you. :)

That's awesome :) great job
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    (Just been kicked out)

Thanku.. xo

Are you ok? You said you were kicked out. Thinking of you, my friend! xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I've just found this board. I'm so impressed with the resolve and all the great support and suggestions. I've been fighting to reduce my alcohol intake for years. It has been slow and there has been backsliding, but I am getting it under control.
    I am making a point to measure how much I drink because it has been too easy just to "pour a little more" in the glass. I also started putting stickers in my calendar for completely drink-free days. I'm very visual and loved to see each month have more and more happy faces. Sounds childish when I write it, but it really worked for me.
    Oh, and I love the "damp" idea rather than dry. For people who can keep it under control, damp sounds so much less final.
    Happy March!

Happy you found us! I love the stickers idea. Some of us use the Dry January app as well. I like how aware you are about your limitations. We are all on the right track!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    My issue is that, I usually only drink once a week.. but I can't stop at just one or two drinks.. I get down glass two of wine and I see the end of four or five! My goal is to try and limit to only drinking every other weekend maybe? I don't know.. I just need to cut it out, because (like another post said in her response) I do so well during the week and then on Saturday all my hard work is eaten up by wine followed by hangover food and laziness.

Join the club! I am the same. I cant stop at one or two. My husband says just tell yourself to stop at two. I just chuckle at him; he doesn't get it. Maybe some people can do that, but not me. It's not that simple. It's like being on top of a big hill on a roller coaster; I just keep gaining speed.

After you have one or two weekends without a hangover, it may be just the motivation you need to keep it up. It's so worth the sacrifice. I love having my weekends back- productive, energetic, able to exercise...
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    I am loving your new picture @JulieAL1969. You look so refreshed and happy!

Thanks! I feel so good without alcohol! Every morning, I feel like I won a lottery.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    colmarie96 wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »
    @thetaminator - How many calories have you avoided by not drinking?

Sadly before I really became alcohol aware...between 3000 & 7000 weekly. :'(

I am fairly new to this group. I can't figure out how to read the latest posts and to post. But I just went ten days (evenings) straight AF. I don't know when I last did that. I'm learning from you all!

Bravo! Ten days is awesome!
    To read the latest posts, I usually click the last page number on the screen.
    To post based on someone's post, click "quote" and then their post is on your screen. Then, you can comment.

• RubyRed427
    Options
    @colmarie96 To make a regular post, scroll down to bottom of this page, and you'll see a big rectangle. Type and then click "post reply".
  • colmarie96
    colmarie96 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is this where I post, or is this a reply? Sorry....complete newb to this message board stuff.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    colmarie96 wrote: »
    Is this where I post, or is this a reply? Sorry....complete newb to this message board stuff.

You did it! This is where you post.