WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Bernadette Giorgi's Ab Baste DVD. This one was better than I expected. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hoop, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Heather - here's hoping that cystitis goes away real soon

machka - I'm so happy for you that you got to go riding. I know how much you love it.

Allie - please take care of yourself

Can't wait until I wash my car, but it's been just a little too chilly

At her rehearsal dinner, Denise gave me this cutting board that was lazer engraved. The picture on Amazon shows that it isn't very dark and you can't see the writing. Why she gave it to me, I have no idea. Anyway, I was looking on uTub to see how to darken it. The only things I could find was to put something around the area, stain the area that has the writing, then wipe off the wax or whatever you used so that the part outside where you want the stain wouldn't get stained. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how not to get the wax into the engraved part. So I took it to someone to have them do it since they do this type of thing for a business. Only they can't do it. Now what to do?

katla - I just google Bobs Red Mill Coupons or go here: https://www.bobsredmill.com/get-a-coupon.html There's a place where those in Canada can get a coupon they can use, too.

This afternoon I tried something different -- didn't know how it would taste. With my tuna instead of mayo I decided to use some avocado. It really wasn't bad at all.

Terry in VT - oh, I like the green beads so much better. You can customize them, too. The options are endless.

Went and drilled holes in the stumps and then put the stump removal in them. Then got Vince to cut down two small trees that I wanted to get rid of. I'm learning how to use the drill...lol

pip - from the damage from the last hurricane, we lost one screen (not the frame...go figure) on the condo. Vince fixed it the same way Kirby fixes his screens only difference is we took it to Ace Hardware.

barbara - that edible glitter (the one that said it was for fondant) mixed with the fat in the icing and wasn't as "glittery". While I was there I saw another one that was in a spray can. The picture looked like it was put on cupcakes. I'll probably get some and try it. Unfortunately, I had to finish the drilling. But I definitely wanted it done. If I were waiting for Vince, I'd be waiting for the second coming of Christ. Hey, I'm still waiting for the quarterround in my exercise room. It's only going on 6 years now. ONLY

bisky - welcome! What is the ETL diet? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Good luck on your tri

I'm starting to get worried about Joyce, too

Wendy - congrats on being paid

Welcome Patsy

Wendy - I'm like you, I'd run and bike in a triathelon, but swimming just is not for me

Michele in NC

With my tuna, (always the solid white albacore, not the pink cat food kind), I sometimes use a nice sweet relish. That's great with pasta and some peas.
    Rebecca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance about my recent visual disturbance. I think I will just mention it to my doc at my next appointment. I still feel a little fuzzy today, but I am basically back to normal. Allergies are knocking all of us down right now, so it's hard to tell if I feel off because of those or because of the migraine.

Prom pictures coming next!!!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, there is just something about a man in a kilt! You are quite the costumer.
    Trish from Oz "house is full of dog toys..." and garage and yard and and and...
    Michele thanks for the Bob's Red Mill link, used up the last of the organic flour on firemens' brownies . Could you dip a toothpick in dark stain and "paint" the grooves? Or if you want to stain the board and not the engraving, could you cover it with Silly Putty?
    Felicia Thoughts? I think you know what you should do. ;) Listen to your family and call the doc. Hopeful it will turn out to be visual migraine tho' I hate to wish migraines on anyone. You are a truly loving mother and your son and his significant other are blessed in your understanding that love takes many forms. What a great grandpa! What great smiles!
    Trish in OH Do your carpet guys do laminate or vinyl plank flooring? Would they like a coastal vacation?
    Machka "loses interest within 30 seconds" :brokenheart: At least talking and sending healing energy to him gives you something positive to "do". It may be helping more than you know. (((hugs)))
    Dana
    and Betsy, like Terry I envy your hiking too! I'd love to hike but afraid to go by myself and too slow/out of breath to go with anyone else.
    Lisa, you cougar you ;) Great motivations!

Welcome biscky, Patsy from N. Ore. Coast.

Time to meditate, get on my grubbies and play in the yard.
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning! We are to have a sunny day! For us it has been a very wet cold spring...in fact it felt a lot like winter!!!

Getting to know everyone. This is a lovely group. I can see it is going to take a bit of time to get everyone straight in my mind. I do adore all the pictures. The prom pictures were so wonderful. I can’t tell you how lucky these young people are. One passing thought...while proms are a big deal, it is so often carried to extremes. Right here in this tiny town, kids (family) have spent upward of several thousand dollars on one night. Gowns, tux, flowers, dinner and breakfast out, hired limo, but it is a very special night. do you remember your prom night? My high heels rubbed a blister and I had to dance in my stocking feet. When we did the Bop, I slipped on the gym floor and almost fell.

Here is our crazy dizzy blonde labradoodle, Katie. She is a world class ball catcher but not too good at returning the ball.
    Patsy
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Love ALL the prom photos.

Patsy - your dog is adorable!!

I left the house today for the first time since Thursday morning. I figured I should interact with another person instead of just my TV :wink: Weight was down a few ounces this morning. Still not concerned, I’m going to a crawfish boil Saturday so I’ll eat plenty then. Hub also wants beef fajitas and BBQ while he’s home for the weekend. Lots of sodium there!

Have a great Monday!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Dropping in halfway through my first day back at work, it's all going well...

Felicia, they look so happy with each other--there's nothing better than being comfortable in your own skin.

OK, back to grinding through creating 80 donor welcome letters for the board to sign this weekend.

Love y'all!
    Lisa in Arkansas