Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have a small dilemma. Yesterday (while I was in church, FWIW), my director level boss sent my manager (immediate boss) and a coworker and email about cleaning up a problem before Friday.
    My manager sent that email to the four people who created the problem by not doing their own freaking work.
    Do I fix it because the boss' boss wants me to or let it ride because the boss doesn't want me to work on it?

Edit: the director sent her email on Sunday, not yesterday. The manager forwarded it all this morning.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    What fresh BS is this?!

gbi8yutwyc1l.png

No, I don't agree to either. What happens if I don't agree? I can't use the app to log food and exercise (but strangley I can still get on the forum to complain about it). Looks like I might have to find another calorie counting app...

I am with Lois. I'll check it me here to chat and take the time to create my foods to track on fitbit.

Ooooh good idea! I might try that out...
  • Lois_1989
    I have a small dilemma. Yesterday (while I was in church, FWIW), my director level boss sent my manager (immediate boss) and a coworker and email about cleaning up a problem before Friday.
    My manager sent that email to the four people who created the problem by not doing their own freaking work.
    Do I fix it because the boss' boss wants me to or let it ride because the boss doesn't want me to work on it?

Edit: the director sent her email on Sunday, not sure t yesterday. The manager forwarded it all this morning.

Well, if your manager didn't send it to you, it's not your problem surely?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    What fresh BS is this?!

gbi8yutwyc1l.png

No, I don't agree to either. What happens if I don't agree? I can't use the app to log food and exercise (but strangley I can still get on the forum to complain about it). Looks like I might have to find another calorie counting app...

That's dumb. It's an "over the pond" thing only, apparently?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Edit: the director sent her email on Sunday, not sure t yesterday. The manager forwarded it all this morning.

Her boss sent it to me when she sent it to me, so it might be. My manager's boss keeps her fingers in everyone's pies and thinks I am her "fixer" no matter who caused the problem. I mean really, hire people who can do the job instead of having me fix poor performance. (most of the issuesare caused by laziness, as far as I can see)
  • Lois_1989

Her boss sent it to me when she sent it to me, so it might be. My manager's boss keeps her fingers in everyone's pies and thinks I am her "fixer" no matter who caused the problem. I mean really, hire people who can do the job instead of having me fix poor performance. (most of the issues are caused by laziness, as far as I can see)

Oh, tricky. How long will it take you to fix it? I'm just thinking maybe leave it until the last minute, and if no-one else steps up, then I guess you could. I won't say 'should' because it's not your mess, you shouldn't clean it up.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Her boss sent it to me when she sent it to me, so it might be. My manager's boss keeps her fingers in everyone's pies and thinks I am her "fixer" no matter who caused the problem. I mean really, hire people who can do the job instead of having me fix poor performance. (most of the issues are caused by laziness, as far as I can see)

Oh, tricky. How long will it take you to fix it? I'm just thinking maybe leave it until the last minute, and if no-one else steps up, then I guess you could. I won't say 'should' because it's not your mess, you shouldn't clean it up.

Truthfully, I don't know how long it will take to fix it. In theory, I could move it all from where it is sitting to where these people usually work from in 5 minutes or less, but that's not what the director wants or she would have done it. (she's done it to me before.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Truthfully, I don't know how long it will take to fix it. In theory, I could move it all from where it is sitting to where these people usually work from in 5 minutes or less, but that's not what the director wants or she would have done it. (she's done it to me before.)

Two of the four who were told to fix it have worked on it. I think I may be off the hook.
  • quiksylver296
    Happy Wednesday - which is my Thursday! Yay for a three day week.

Hubby is having shoulder surgery Friday. That's why I took it off. It's supposed to be pretty minor surgery (shaving off a bone spur). Hopefully it works and he can use his shoulder without pain again.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    It's my Thursday as well. My uncle passed over the weekend and the funeral is Thursday. Bad heart and no insurance to be able to care for himself.
  • quiksylver296
    crosbylee wrote: »
    It's my Thursday as well. My uncle passed over the weekend and the funeral is Thursday. Bad heart and no insurance to be able to care for himself.

My condolences. :'(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    crosbylee wrote: »

Sorry for your loss.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Thanks guys. He was a very sweet, loving person. It's hard to see someone like that go.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Sorry for your loss LeAnn.

My confession today: the boy and I had garlic bread and strawberries for lunch. We are winning at life!
  • quiksylver296
    spamarie wrote: »

My confession today: the boy and I had garlic bread and strawberries for lunch. We are winning at life!

Yum! Totally winning!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member

Yum! Totally winning!

Definitely! I was actually thinking about Texas Toast garlic bread in the shower this morning!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Sorry for your loss my prayers are with you & your family.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

Maybe the strawberries helped with the garlic breath!

Today I've ate two pints of Enlightened ice cream! Marshmallow Peanut Butter (can't taste the marshmallow, but the peanut butter is good) & Movie Night (popcorn/caramel kind of ice cream).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2018
    Yesterday I went a way I don't typically take anymore for work & as I was over the hill I noticed a big black thing out of the corner of my eye coming out of an Apple orchard! As my eyes registered what it was I started to geek out realizing it was a black bear. In PA we do have a lot of black bears, but in my whole life that was the first time I have spotted one in the wild. I'm thinking it was a cub & I was more relieved it didn't run out on the road. I hope it made it safe wherever it was going to. Thank God it wasn't a Mountain Lion/Cougar, because big cats for some reason freak me out. What animals/insects freak you guys out? I would say mine would be big cats, alligators, snakes, & spiders.

Another black bear cub in a more populated town got up in a tree & they had to tranquilize it & relocate it to a safer environment.

@Italian_Buju do you ever see Grizzlies/Brown Bears up in Canada?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    I confess that I am terrible at correcting coworkers without making them feel stupid. But this time, I am not even sorry. Unnamed coworker standing at printer when I walk up:
    "It's not printing. I don't know why."
    Me: (looks at flashing red light on paper tray) "It's out of paper."

Sometimes customers make me want to scratch my head.

The dumbest thing to this day (nothing beats it) was the guy I helped at service desk & after I was finished with the transaction he looked at me & asked if Walmart was open today. Um, really? If we were closed would I be helping you out? Would you be able to even come into the store?

A cart pusher had someone ask what the difference between the big & little carts were. I would've had to bite my tongue, because I would have been like the big cart you can put more stuff in & the little cart a little less.

:D