WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Love the wedding pics and happy endings. Janetr,I know you are proud that your grandson is doing so well.

Beth, ha! I will take that as a compliment.

Had a good day. The grandkids brought their plasma cars and I raced them in the driveway on my knee scooter. My husband didn’t think it was the smartest thing I did today, but I had great fun. Logan won. Silly me thought I would have to “let him win.” Nope! He beat me fair and square.

Thanks for the update on Terry. I feel for her and her upcoming surgery.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Oh I can't tell you the granddaughter is off the wall,think she is overtired and hormonal...she calls me mean grandma because I don't let her play me...I just hope she is fine for school tomorrow..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: "Mean" Grandma's are often the very best sort. They teach a child how to behave in public. :flowerforyou:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ooh two pieces of lasagna noodles cut into 6 pieces. Then layered small spoonfuls of sauce and some cottage cheese in each layer. Can you say yummy! Yeah, it wasn't baked, but that's ok.I
    Rebecca
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures from the weddings Allie and Janetr. You must be so proud of your family
    Beth- do I look like a Methodist? Been one for many, many years.
    Lisa- thanks for your reflections on being accountable to yourself. For a few weeks, I’ve not weighed and just ate whatever. But, tomorrow ai will begin again thanks to you.
    Heather- you are so active and I love that you are your hubby are learning ballroom dancing. We dance but mostly Texas two step, jitterbug and what we call Biloxi shuffle ( really like a two step).
    Rebecca-Happy Birthday, you are just a “baby”. I have a birthday coming up on the first day of our trip. I will spend the whole day flying to London but thankfully business class.
    Had a great father’s day weekend. Went to son’s ranch, had a great steak dinner, played Mexican TrIn with grandkids but best of all DGD came up from college to be its us.
    SueBDew in TX
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    I'm a big old baby!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    ldwzjub1cbki.jpg

Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    c79bqd0pzp2g.jpg

Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    "I came, I saw, I forgot what I was doing, retraced my steps, got lost on the way back now I have no ida what's going on."

THANKS REBECCA!
    Some times this is me.

Katla
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    ;)
    Hubs away at a conference for the week. I hate sleeping alone in the house! Gah...
    Cheri
    trying to stay awake until she's too tired not to fall asleep!!

Oh Cheri, I sympathize! Something you might try is turning on a podcast or similar ( I aim for something 1 hour or so in length). If it is bed time I inevitably find I fall asleep before it is finished. I choose podcasts over radio because when it is over my player goes silent allowing a good night sleep afterwards.

That allows me to fall asleep without ‘going to sleep, alone’ which I despise.

Whatever you do, I hope you do get good sleep!

Rye
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Allie and Janet: Lovely wedding photos. So inspiring.

Beth and Sue: I had to laugh about the Methodist comment. You both do look like Methodists, and I am not sure what that means. Just laughing at it all.

Horrible eating day today, and I am feeling it. No excuse. Just tired and lazy.

Hubby flew out early this morning, so we had a quiet day. Over 90 and sunny. Just wonderful. My little guy was able to swim while I did yoga. He found a school chum to play with. The outdoor pool at the fitness club has lifeguards on the weekends. It's really nice.

Exhausted, so going to bed.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »

Machka - glad your medication is helping with the hot flashes. Do the docs give you any indication when your DH will be released - are they still waiting for certain milestones to be reached? I am tickled that he's able to be up and moving around and walking with you - I'm betting that physical activity is helping his brain rewire in all sorts of ways. (((HUGS)))

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State

There is no set date for discharge yet, and there will be a number of steps between now and that point. We're starting on those steps, but our progress will depend on how my husband does with it all.

Vague ... I know.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will work, but Barbie this one's for you:
    https://www.facebook.com/LD.Cheesy/videos/1685822644787277/
    and Rye this one's for you!
    https://www.facebook.com/SouthernThingSoTrue/videos/1953590601637618/

Sleep sweet!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 15/17, meditate 14/17, walk one more step 14/17, knee exercises 14/17, walk Tumble 9/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Lisa- thanks for your reflections on being accountable to yourself. For a few weeks, I’ve not weighed and just ate whatever. But, tomorrow I will begin again thanks to you. SueBDew in TX

Sue... glad they were helpful to you - they were part of a process I'm going through, as I'm sure you could tell... Been stalled out for some time, due to my own actions, no one else's. Small realizations build up to the fact that, if I don't own it, it's not like someone else is going to step up and say, "Yep, I put that food in your mouth," and "Yep, I told you not to exercise today."

Rye and Cheri - I know yours is because of also being alone in the house, and mine's a little different. I don't like sleeping alone, either, and as someone who travels a lot for work, some of the tools I use are white noise, usually PBS, on the TV, and lots and lots of pillows. My husband and I tend to sleep back to back, so I line pillows along my back. That way, when I turn that direction, there is SOMETHING there, and I don't wake up searching for him. In hotel rooms, I also drop the temperature down in the room quite sharply, so that I can sleep under covers.

Trying to wait patiently through this whole process with the house, and to convince myself that, if this one doesn't work, another will. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. For no reason, I might add... there's been no hint from the other side of the transaction that things might not go well. Just don't want to mourn if this one doesn't work out...

Have to call the VA today and see what happened with my consult to the orthopedics people who will need to make a decision on whether my knees can be worked on. It's been more than 30 days now with no word and the pain isn't getting any better, for sure.

Time to go make Corey's lunch, make sure Egg has food, and settle into my day.

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I forgot to mention, for those who worried about my son along with me. Newest mixed blessing - the VA came through with a 70% disability rating, which will be back paid to December. Massive weight lifted from us (we won't have to pay his rent) and from him. He said he'll send us money from that backpay for everything we gave him (to the tune of about $3,000). I will not be holding my breath, honestly--love him, but he's not terribly good with money at the best of times.

The overall benefit is that a) he'll get a monthly stipend, and b) he will have medical care for the rest of his life. The hazard is that he'll get a monthly stipend which will pay his rent and enough to eat... and I'm hoping he doesn't just stop there. He SAYS he plans to take advantage now of the VA paying for him to go to school. He started doing that once with culinary school, ended up dropping out. Just want him to continue to strive. It's only when we stop trying to go forward that we fail.

Lisa
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, gonna be a scorcher today, so I'm dressing light and bringing plenty of cold water along for the day, the classrooms are pretty miserable, but this is the last week of school, so no complaining from me!

Had a lovely Father's day, DD and I took DH out to a new restaurant "Rockin' Ramen" a wonderful little fusion place run by a retired cop, super friendly guy who loves to cook and came up with all of the recipes himeself. Plenty of vegetarian choices, traditional ramen and carribean choices as well, I didn't overeat, in fact I'm back in the zone, not overeating, so I will take it.

Heather the Times just ran an article about retiring to a cruise ship year round, could you imagine that!?!? Sounds like you had a most wonderful time, I'm happy for you.

Stay cool everyone, NYKAREN