WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies~
    Slept well, with Tal in bed with me, think she felt better with Alfie and me here, im going to get her up at 7 and get her fed and to the school bus , and then walk the boys.. feed my dfil ,He didnt eat on Saterday ,and wouldnt eat for anyone, Tom tried yesterday as we were both there and he would only eat for me, so I got his food in him....I am hoping that this is a quick faze and that even though I am there almost daily that I wont have to be the only one who can feed him...
    working 11-5 today. finally feel a little bit more rested... yesterday was a wash lol
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Good morning.

Ended up having a solid 6 hours sleep. I was so tired from getting up at 330am to take hubs to airport and purposefully not napping during the day.

Let me clarify a bit. Hubs and I sleep in separate rooms and have for many years. Story for another time. Works for us wonderfully. What I don't like is being alone in the house at night. Just knowing there is not another person around at night is scary to me.

Hubs and I are together for everything (except when he's at work) and it's hard not having his presence. I'll have to get used to it as he is traveling quite a bit this summer/fall. More than usual.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have an essential oil mister that I run with lavender and I use an app called Relaxing Melodies that I play. Part of the problem too is still getting used to the new house with its new sounds/noises etc.

Cheri
    in cloudy CS, Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Don't know if this will work, but Barbie this one's for you:
    https://www.facebook.com/LD.Cheesy/videos/1685822644787277/

:) Thanks, that looked like so much fun.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Pip, I'm listening to the audio book "Born to Run" (recommended by Heather and have been listening to the part about running barefoot and in those monkey feet shoes that you wear. I couldn't help thinking about you and your successful running. If you haven't read the book yet, I highly recommend it.

:)Cheri, Jake and I sleep in separate rooms for many good reasons and when he is gone overnight, the house feels empty even though I'm used to sleeping alone (with the pets). I read myself to sleep.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington where it will be hotter today than it was yesterday.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Penney - Janetr - I don't know if I've ever seen a man dressed in as intense a shade of blue as your grandson is wearing. He totally rocks it!

Thank you so much. They had a rainbow themed wedding. All the bridesmaids and groomsmen wore different colors of the rainbow.

Janetr OKC
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited June 2018
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Don't know if this will work, but Barbie this one's for you:
    https://www.facebook.com/LD.Cheesy/videos/1685822644787277/
    and Rye this one's for you!
    https://www.facebook.com/SouthernThingSoTrue/videos/1953590601637618/

Sleep sweet!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 15/17, meditate 14/17, walk one more step 14/17, knee exercises 14/17, walk Tumble 9/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0

OMG: So True y’al: Perfect! LOL!

About a month ago I had some very painful scratchy feeling in my eye while I was in my very public job. Ended up wearing an eye patch for a few hours. True story: I heard about cousins who lost their eye, rare diseases, had one person go out to the pharmacy and bought me an eye wash, and heard about a bunch of eye injuries.

Had this happened up where I grew up the reaction of strangers would have been at most one or two people would have vaguely gestured in the direction of my eye and said ‘you ok?’ And when I acknowledged I was ok they would smile and move on.

My eye, btw just got excessively dry - I work in a building with a pool and seem to need to add eye drops every so often.

Interactions with strangers are SO different down here. And the scene where she hides out rather than go hug a bunch of strangers: TOTALLY HAVE DONE THAT! LOL

Thanks, you started my day with a very big smile!!

———
    Ok, I just watched that Line Dance video.

Wow that is a LONG line. And that looks like a lot of fun. But how do you remember all of that?

Rye
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    barbicat- i haven't read a book in so long, i don't have the time, maybe when i retire, i can do the audio book thing :0)
  • ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    barbicat- i haven't read a book in so long, i don't have the time, maybe when i retire, i can do the audio book thing :0)

I made a pact with myself 22 years ago to read every day. One reason was to stave off future dementia. My mother suffered from dementia for at least three years before she passed away. One of the first things that she did was stop reading. In my mind, that was reason enough right there. For reasons that have nothing to do with dieting, I had to have a brain MRI a few years ago and it showed no signs of anything! Not even the dreaded pre dementia stuff. It eased my mind so much.

I still read a little something every day. I have a book going on my iPad all the time and have a hard copy of the Beck Diet that I read almost every day as a strengthener for my brain on weight loss and maintenance.

Oh, I also count the articles I read on MFP and internet as reading!

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: I understand the value of a good home base. I can't picture us as full time RVers due to many reasons including our love for home and DH's medical challenges. We can take trips, but he needs access to his trusted doctors. I like my yoga classes and opportunity to ride Arrow. I see us going on a series of shorter trips as time goes along. :smiley:

Machka: "There is no set date for discharge yet, and there will be a number of steps between now and that point. We're starting on those steps, but our progress will depend on how my husband does with it all."
    This sounds good, and honest. Sometimes we get overly optimistic or pessimistic messages from our medical systems. :flowerforyou:

AuntieBK: I loved seeing the line dances, too. They looked like a good time for everyone. :star:

Yoga today and I'm looking forward to it. After all the hard work we did in the storage unit, I have sore muscles that will be happy for a good stretch. DH is on the sore side, too, but I can't convince him to try yoga. I feel great when I get him out on his mobility device while the dog and I walk.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Line Dancing Video: Loved it. But, all I could think was that I have two left feet and would never be able to remember the steps.

Carol in GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Cheri How is your home furnishing/settling in coming along?

Karen in Virginia