WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!

Did well on staying on track with the diet.
    Sleep is improving because I am having fewer leg cramps.

July
    1. Me time everyday
    2. Continue diet of eliminating as much sugar as I can and refined grains.
    3. Continue to walk and attend Zumba classes when I can, Swim at least once a week. Adding exercises that help my glutes not be so tight.
    4. Continue to try and build a sleep routine that I stick to.

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy July 1st to All!

Re: Glad to see you popping in. Please come again soon.

Barbie: Thanks for getting us going once more.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) Today will be about 64 degrees F and drizzly. It won't rain enough to absolve me from watering my friend's yard. She is on a cruise to Alaska and has a yard full of newly planted bushes and trees and I offered to make sure it stayed watered. She is the friend who walks the dogs when we're gone all day and gives me rides when Jake has the car for something. I am so blessed to have a friend like her and so grateful that I can be useful to her. She is the friend who cared for her husband with Alzheimers for several years until his death about a year ago. We walk every day so while she's gone, the dogs miss her.

:) Jake has planned an adventure today to drive up a road that we've not been on before. All the roads going south from here go up the foothills of the Olympic mountains.

<3 Barbie
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    I really need to learn some tricks for posting.. We will make that a winter goal ;) Sorry so big.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,086 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy July, everyone!

Janetr: Your neighbor sounds like an ignorant idiot. I'm sorry he was so openly rude. :grumble:

Becca: I hope your vertigo goes away and stays gone. Sorry about your sister being a nitwit. :flowerforyou:

Karen: Barkeepers Friend sounds just right for taking care of our new BBQ. Thanks for the tip. I've never heard of the product before. :smiley:

Meg: Welbutrin is an antidepressant. I am not depressed but when I started I'd just lost my mom and was having a tough time. The reason I still take it is that I get day length depression in the winter and it relieves those symptoms. I'm guessing your doctor prescribed it because of the situation with your DH. Checking with your doctor is a great idea. :flowerforyou:

Ginger: That dust looks horrible. I imagine people are having breathing problems. Stay safe inside if you can. (((HUGS)))

Sue in WA: I hope the car troubles are sorted out ASAP. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: You are currently looking great. If you choose to lose a few extra pounds, I'm sure you'll handle it well. I am below MFP's recommendations on weight due to bursitis in my bad knee caused by an over use injury, and it is feeling much better now. :smiley:

Machka: Congratulations on your DH being home!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Allie: Happy 58, you sweet young thing! :bigsmile:

Lanette: Thanks for the tip of CBD oil. We're leaving today for a week. I'll see about getting some after we get home. Thank you and Karen! :star:

Mary: Congratulations on Sarah going home today. Yay!!! :bigsmile:

Heather: Congrats to your brother for his renewal of vows ceremony. :flowerforyou:

wildrosedragon: You are wise to focus on what you can control. Congratulations on your progress. :flowerforyou:

Re in TX: What a great amount of progress, you are looking GOOD! :bigsmile:

We are leaving today for a week. I don't know whether I will have internet access or not. I'll stay in touch if I can.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

July 2018 Resolutions:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
    6. Avoid alcohol.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla, thank you for your kind words. I'm still above a "normal" BMI, I'd love to reach that range. We shall see.

Wishing you a safe and wonderful week in your RV. I looked at interior of the Bounders and it appears to look very similar to our 2007 Sight Seer!

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Made 7 pots of blackcurrant jam with our glut. :D:D:D Just cooling off on the kitchen surface. I will put pretty labels on.
    Also made a HUGE chilli in the IP. :o Just about to add beans and tomatoes. I always put a liquorice flavoured dry chilli in mine, plus cocoa powder. Heavenly.

Katla - Have a wonderful trip and a peaceful 4th July. That is the anniversary of my wedding to my ex. 48 years.

Now to get on the recumbent bike and catch up on my Scandi noir.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    There was someone, sorry I forget who, that wanted to go out on the glass viewing platform at the Sears Tower. My home state being what it is, in Houston, they've built a swimming pool with plexiglass bottom and sides, at the Market Square, 40 stories up:

https://www.facebook.com/yahoo/videos/1805084973127335/?t=1
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Kylia, you look so vibrant and healthy, you pretty woman, you! Are your eyes really gray?

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    morning again ladies~
    I am back from feeding my DFIL , he cracks us up some times with no filter... but everyday I go to see him , your gaining weight, your fat.... I keep telling him I know,, my goal this month is to try and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables..and will take a ride later on and get some miracle grow plant food and maybe some fresh tomatoes..
    going to take a nap, and study and do laundry.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    There was someone, sorry I forget who, that wanted to go out on the glass viewing platform at the Sears Tower. My home state being what it is, in Houston, they've built a swimming pool with plexiglass bottom and sides, at the Market Square, 40 stories up:

https://www.facebook.com/yahoo/videos/1805084973127335/?t=1

That would be me. I hope to get to the Sears Tower in August when I go to Chicago to visit my Dad.

Thank you for the link. How exciting it would be to go swimming in that pool! I do wish I could! But my poor DH who suffers from Acrophobia gets upset even thinking about the prospect that I might do so even in my imagination- lol.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    Heartfelt thanks Barbie. You are our lighthouse!

Michele, thanks for the Bubba info. Have to smile at the brand name... ;}
    Karen in VA, love your goal, That IS the key, when we take that one step it all starts to fall into place.
    Rebecca, Oops, didn't mean to stomp on your post, seems I was on your wavelength . . . then (no no not THAT) made me snort my tea ;)
    Machka, hope the home care worker is self-sufficient and doesn't impinge too much on your space, either physical or emotional. I'm imagining the universe sending you a kindly-but-brusque sister of the old fashioned variety.
    Barbie, wish Joe would channel Jake! I love exploring... Joe not so much. ;}
    Kylia, thought you were a cutie in the 7 yrs ago picture... then... WOW!
    Katla, safe travels, peaceful Fourth.
    Lisa clear bottomed swimming pool 40 stories up? [urp] :sick:
    Allie you are a true gift to your DxFIL, so glad you can find the humor in his situation.

Welcome back Wretched61. Please let us know what you'd like to be called and a general description of your location. The ladies here are wise and compassionate as well as inspiring and supportive. When all else fails, there is pip's boot ;)

June stats
    60g protein, one more step than monthly average: 93%
    meditate, knee exercises, walk Tumble 80%
    SWSY, hang/purge art 0%
    Bonuses 65% core rehab, 90% AF (thanks to Heather's AF beer!).

'nother bonus, 8K+ steps yesterday first time over 6K this month!

July intentions, same as June plus core rehab 4 times/week.
    SMSY Mondays and Thursdays (Maybe if I pick a day, I'll REALLY get those weights out).
    One piece of art up or purged per week.

Eek, there goes the time! Gotta get those knee exercises in and shower for church.

Enjoy the day, dear ones!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 28/30, meditate 24/30, walk one more step 28/30, knee exercises 24/30, walk Tumble 16/20 times, SWSY 0/10, hang up or purge art 0