Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- you are welcome! Glad you found something you liked. I just love when the whole house smells so yummy!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dawn~~

Eryn - Where do you live on the East Coast?

I am going to try to get myself to go to sleep early, but first I must find something on Netflix to provide some escape from reality!

Sleep well everyone~~

Lana

Hey Lana! I live in Charleston, SC!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Looked at nutrition of my maple pork chops and took almost 500 mg of salt by removing the mustard. I am waiting for the dishwasher to finish so I can set up 3 pork chops with sauteed apples/roasted veg for work - containers are in dishwasher. Got very hot in the kitchen and opened the patio door to make sure the smoke detector didnt go off...... I recently left zucchini enchiladas out overnight, so I leave the light over the kitchen on to remind me to fridge things.

Trying to lower my salt intake - crackers with hummus, was checking sodium amts and I got one that was 50 mgs down from the first one I picked up 240mg. I also was lucky enough to get carved turkey instead of the processed turkey, big change in taste and sodium grams. If this medicine is my future, I better get on the stick and do my homework.

I will start a new book waiting for diswasher. Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down one pound. Finding I am eating too much salt again, so turkey wraps are with natural and not "processed" turkey. Hoping it will help with my feet.

Window open and air good today temps around 100.

Dawn put Chai Tea in my new B) Scentsy warmer. Found an instant Chai Tea at International Market that is Black Tea, Skim Milk, Sugar and Ginger. I have to let it sit a couple of minutes, as straight away it is not too good but as it cools down it tastes better. 10 pouches for under $5. Sure beats Starbucks. I dont know how people afford it everyday.

I found some pink Tule at Michael's before I found the wonderfully huge reusable bag for the baby bag - baby shower at work - Wed/Thurs? Will take to lady setting up party to see if she can use for decorating.

Monday - back to the salt mine. Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday - lurking.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - that is a good deal on the tea. Sounds yummy! B) hope the meds and less sodium help....I don't add salt to anything... but, I know I eat way to much sodium in all the processed foods I eat... and soda...
  • tobybear72
    tobybear72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting over AGAIN. Things haven't been going well for me so I deleted my other account and decided I am going to try again. Gotta get myself going, not getting any younger so here I go again.

Definitely need help staying motivated because I HAVE to do something now.

Hoping to make some friends.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome, tobybear!

Waving to all! I've been lurking at work and at home. Nothing positive to report at the moment, but trying to get back on track today. Main goal is to return to gluten free this week. Maybe meal prep will be on the agenda for next week.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Twiley - check out your store's ads and see how you can build your meals around their sales.....
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Twiley - check out your store's ads and see how you can build your meals around their sales.....

We usually do. My SO does most of our shopping, but we go through the ads to see what they have, especially protein choices. I love to catch ground turkey on sale because it is so flexible. I can change the flavors and control the portions well. I also do a lot of chicken. Cooked, pulled from the bone, and portioned into four ounce servings.

My vegetables usually come from a Saturday morning trip to the Farmer's Market. We have a producer-only market. The person selling is the person who grew the food. I enjoy talking to the farmers about the varieties and methods of growing.

My plan was derailed by some life getting in the way, but things are slowly settling down so I can begin to focus on my health again.

Thank you for all the support here. This group has been keeping me grounded through some tough times.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Hey there Ladies~~

This is a drive-by check in.....

Sara - Congrats on good weigh in!

Monday is almost out of the way......good. Tuesday will be better.

Lana

234.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What a day, Sara. ((Hugs)) to you.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Windows open, yes I am up early. Figured I may as well get the ball rolling.

I dont know how I put a line in my post yesterday and probably never will again - I hit a combo of keys??

Another coworker I made hearts for her 50 chemotherapy bags, saw me leaving work late yesterday and offered to give me a ride home. I walk every day so I hesitated except my casserole dishes were heavy and it was HOT. She knows I live down the street and offered if I am still at work when she leaves, she is willing to drive me home. After being treated like dog food by my boss, I was very grateful.

Taking a couple of romance novels to work to donate, hoping it gives someone an "escape".

Focusing on the positive where I can find it. Bring on the extra water as well.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I am sending you big hugs from the East Coast. Cabana Boys have been alerted that you are to get extra care. I cannot find the best words, so here comes a blurt: I understand about the sitting in the kitchen and crying. Some of us just don't get the emotional care that we need. Damn. So so very nice about person who gave you those casseroles/other things.
    Also hugs for having a job that is so time-use strict. All of this concern about productivity, blah, blah. Blech!

I so hope that you have a good day today. Drink your water and eat good food and sounds silly but think good thoughts when you can.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waves to everyone else~~

If I have my monthly allowance of a huge serving of Amy's Bread Cake with buttercream frosting, after other high-calorie food, my body sure can sponge up the water weight.
    Back on program today.

Visiting friend on Long Island; flying home to NC tomorrow.

Lana

238.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    o3r3knp77qw2.png

on hold with ins company....... >:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    vx37meu7x7gw.png

just too adorable
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    So hot inside I have windows open for the 9 degree difference outside. Lovely.

m9kqsxljhyvp.png

3rvnnr08u1e9.png

now that helps!!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Half way done to work week. Get to see Sup for 1:1. Ran into her on way back from break as she was leaving. The claims she asked me about is easy production and I will try and grab as many as I can today before they are taken away......called survival in the concrete jungle.

Lady I recently met who is back from chemotherapy - has the ability to fund the possible expansion of our department's access to Medicare website capacities..... Believe me it is confusing if you are new to this and it was thrown in her lap, so she asked me if I used the website which I do. Access involves $$$ so maybe. That would be nice.

Pork chops for today and Friday's lunches and tomorrow is teriyaki chicken at cafe. Drinking extra water and walking more when I can.

Wave to all who follow. Lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~

I'm at the airport, and I've managed to eat only healthy things. No coffee cake or bagels and cream cheese or cookies, just the hummus and vegetables and fresh fruit! I am patting myself on the back.
    Past two days have been Lana's personal food festival, and sure enough, the scale knows it.

Back on The Healthy Path today.

*Snapping fingers for Cabana Boys to mist all of us Serial Starters and do foot massages.*

Lana

238.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal