July 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    kevaasen wrote: »

I just ordered the smaller Wunjo X2/Race vest as I wanted something light and economical and this fits the bill.

If anyone else is interested, WUNJOWOMAN18 is a working 18% discount code I found. Helps offsets the $10 in shipping cost since my order was less than $100 (free shipping if you hit that target).

received shipment yesterday, so one week shipping from Norway - not to bad. Looking forward to testing soon once my knee is recovered. Super light and based on quick fitting, like how it feels.

Cool. My X5 came last week and I ran in it twice. I am not ready to give a full review, but I can say it did not kill me and that is my very first line a product must cross. :lol:

Do not remember if I posted a picture, so here:

Thanks for the photo - I like how you swoop the water line over. Last night when trying it on, I noticed it was super long and was debating how to minimize length or minimize bounce - so this looks to be a good way to position it.

I got the idea from @JessicaMcB posts of her pictures wearing hers. I have seen others tuck it behind the straps heading straight down too. I am undecided which way is best yet.

@PastorVincent I'm not sure if this is an option or if you could rig this to your vest, but I have an Osprey cycling pack that I sometimes use for running. If I'm using a hydration bladder and if I need more space (i.e. longer trail runs), then I take that pack. Cyclists get all the cools stuff like packs that don't bounce. Anyway... this particular vest has a magnet on the buckle to the top (sternum) horizontal strap. The reservoir that came with the pack has a matching size/shape magnet on the end of the tubing near the bite valve. This setup allows me to put the bite valve on the middle of my chest secured by the magnet, but is very fast and easy to grab for a drink and then place back again quickly. The tubing doesn't bounce around at all, but is fast to access.

Interesting idea. Not sure if I could rig something like that up. Getting a magnet on the vest should be easy, but getting it on the round tube might be really tough. Esply since it gets wet. Think on this, I will.

They sell these specifically for hydration packs. Check REI. I think thats where i got mine.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,704 Member
    If you forget to use Body Glide before and get some chafing spots, this stuff is great!
    2udeunl2xpa9.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    @dreamer12151 never know what the weather is going to be in Wisconsin. where we can have all four seasons in 24hrs. where the most popular saying is hold my beer. and where cheese is a food group all on it's own.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    @PastorVincent - you can buy magnets that fit onto scuba tubing, which is probably about the same diameter as a hydration tube. Look for 'magnetic octopus/regulator holder'
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I use Vaseline in the areas chafe for me and it works great. I don't notice any staining, but my running gear is all dark or black. I chafe on my sports bra line in the front and back (but only for certain sports bras) and sometimes the underside of my right upper arm where it rubs along the side of my chest... weird right? Not on the left, just the right. My right arm must fatter than my left.

My upper thighs touch, but don't seem to rub or chafe when I run. I like the short length because of tan lines... I know, super vain.

Lol! You're not the only one! I love watching Shalane Flannagen race. She wears those running panties and you can tell that's not what she trains in.

I dont mind the leg lines at all, but i have a clear spot under my watch (so so white) that I'm not keen on. And the bra/tank lines, not liking them so much either. :wink: and my belly is too white. :smiley:

I only have that arm fat chafe with certain bras where the fabric is rougher. That's just horrible.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I only have that arm fat chafe with certain bras where the fabric is rougher. That's just horrible.

OMG Yes. I'm just waiting for my first 10K run of the summer. That seems to be the distance at which my bra wins the battle it's been having with my inner arms and all my skin there turns into pain.

I did not run today, but went swimming for about 40 minutes instead. It was lovely and cool and I'll definitely be swimming on my rest days (and maybe my not rest days) more often!

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,387 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    @RunsOnEspresso - Love Oiselle! What did you get? Anything fun? I am on a running clothes time out until I sort out what I have and get rid of some - I just have too much (yes it is possible). So in the meantime I need to live (shop) vicariously! :lol:

@AlphaHowls - WOW, just WOW! That is more than I have run in a month ever! What do you expect your total to be for the month?

I ordered 3 pairs of shorts to try. It's getting to warm/humid for capri/knee length. And I can't do the 3-4" and its hard to find 5-8" shorts. I need to cover my booty! I got a 5" with birds, the long pocket jogger and the long roga. The 5" and joggers said compression but they didn't feel very compression-y when I tried them on. If not they will be for short runs.

@RunsOnEspresso - Nice! I like the longer compression shorts too. Have you tried the pocket joggers? I got those a while back and really like them. They have a good amount of compression and the legs don't ride up. And of course they have pockets! Lots of pockets!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @RunsOnEspresso - Love Oiselle! What did you get? Anything fun? I am on a running clothes time out until I sort out what I have and get rid of some - I just have too much (yes it is possible). So in the meantime I need to live (shop) vicariously! :lol:

@AlphaHowls - WOW, just WOW! That is more than I have run in a month ever! What do you expect your total to be for the month?

I ordered 3 pairs of shorts to try. It's getting to warm/humid for capri/knee length. And I can't do the 3-4" and its hard to find 5-8" shorts. I need to cover my booty! I got a 5" with birds, the long pocket jogger and the long roga. The 5" and joggers said compression but they didn't feel very compression-y when I tried them on. If not they will be for short runs.

@RunsOnEspresso - Nice! I like the longer compression shorts too. Have you tried the pocket joggers? I got those a while back and really like them. They have a good amount of compression and the legs don't ride up. And of course they have pockets! Lots of pockets!!

I am planning to try them out this weekend. I haven't had time to finish my laundry so they are in my basket to fold & put away.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

I just ordered the smaller Wunjo X2/Race vest as I wanted something light and economical and this fits the bill.

If anyone else is interested, WUNJOWOMAN18 is a working 18% discount code I found. Helps offsets the $10 in shipping cost since my order was less than $100 (free shipping if you hit that target).

received shipment yesterday, so one week shipping from Norway - not to bad. Looking forward to testing soon once my knee is recovered. Super light and based on quick fitting, like how it feels.

Cool. My X5 came last week and I ran in it twice. I am not ready to give a full review, but I can say it did not kill me and that is my very first line a product must cross. :lol:

Thanks for the photo - I like how you swoop the water line over. Last night when trying it on, I noticed it was super long and was debating how to minimize length or minimize bounce - so this looks to be a good way to position it.

I got the idea from @JessicaMcB posts of her pictures wearing hers. I have seen others tuck it behind the straps heading straight down too. I am undecided which way is best yet.

@PastorVincent I'm not sure if this is an option or if you could rig this to your vest, but I have an Osprey cycling pack that I sometimes use for running. If I'm using a hydration bladder and if I need more space (i.e. longer trail runs), then I take that pack. Cyclists get all the cools stuff like packs that don't bounce. Anyway... this particular vest has a magnet on the buckle to the top (sternum) horizontal strap. The reservoir that came with the pack has a matching size/shape magnet on the end of the tubing near the bite valve. This setup allows me to put the bite valve on the middle of my chest secured by the magnet, but is very fast and easy to grab for a drink and then place back again quickly. The tubing doesn't bounce around at all, but is fast to access.

Interesting idea. Not sure if I could rig something like that up. Getting a magnet on the vest should be easy, but getting it on the round tube might be really tough. Esply since it gets wet. Think on this, I will.

They sell these specifically for hydration packs. Check REI. I think thats where i got mine.

Oh? Me go looky!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,387 Member
    On the shorts discussion (@avidkeo, @5BeautifulDays, others I can't remember) - I get too hot to run in capris all summer so when it gets hot the shorts come out and people just have to deal with the brilliant reflection off my white white legs! I do have an ankle tan line (looks awesome with a dress :lol:) and wearing shorts means I use a ton more sunscreen but it is definitely worth it!

I love(d) the Lucy compression, pocket shorts. The length was perfect (5") and the pockets roomy. Unfortunately they were bought out by The NorthFace. I did buy several pairs before the end in various colors and NorthFace was going to continue them but they only have them in 11" now which are way too long for me. I still look for them at REI and other places that carried the Lucy brand... My next favorite shorts are the Oiselle pocket joggers I mentioned before but I also have the Skirtsports Redemption shorties (6").
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

Hmm there are several on Amazon (like this one for $12) - wonder if all the hoses are basically the same size? Probably. Probably all made in the same Chinese factory.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    July goal is 150 miles

7/1 5.00............ 5.00/145.00
    7/2 Rest............ 5.00/145.00
    7/3 7.00............12.00/138.00
    7/4 5.00............17.00/133.00
    7/5 7.00............24.00/126.00
    7/6 5.00............29.00/121.00
    7/7 Rest............29.00/121.00
    7/8 16.00..........45.00/105.00
    7/9 Rest............45.00/105.00
    7/10 6.00...........51.00/ 99.00
    7/11 4.00...........55.00/ 95.00
    7/12 6.00...........61.00/ 89.00

Upcoming races:

October 20: Sinnemahone Ultra Marathon Trail Race (50K)