WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Oh, CJ, what devastating news. I am so sorry!

Cheri, the house is just beautiful. I, of course, am jealous of the floors.

I cooked Keto twice-baked cauliflower for supper tonight. It was ok. Honestly, though, I prefer plain cauliflower. I served it with ham and steamed cabbage wedges. I will admit it was a decent substitute for the Mac and cheese, which is what we normally would have had. The recipe called for bacon, but I left that out. Everything else I used: sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, cheddar, a little cream, and green onions.

• CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Pip
    The helmet is gorgeous. Many happy and healthy rides to you and to Kirby
    CJ
  • CSSJ09
    Options

Katla you might try donating the glass to artist or an art school. Many artist paint or use the glass for tiles and mosaics. CJ

• CSSJ09
    Options
    Rebecca and Cheri the best of luck on the scans. Rebecca sending lots of hugs and thoughts of pockets. CJ
  • CSSJ09
    Options
    Mary I am thrilled that the party went well. Kudos kiddo.

CJ

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    no gym workout: stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.14min, 13.1amph, 129mhr, 1.5mi= 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 50.55min, 126ahr, 144mhr, 14amph, 11.8mi= 436c
    apple watch- 456c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5min, 147mhr, 137ahr, 9.43min mi, .5mi= 52c
    apple watch- 49c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.01min, 8.57min mi, 152mhr, .4mi= 60c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- WINDY!!, 20.12min, 147mhr, 7.6amph, 2.5mi= 193c
    apple watch- 141c

total cal 825

no gym workout again tomorrow more OT
  • CSSJ09
    Options
    KarenThere are no words, only tears. CJ
  • efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CJ-so sorry to hear your news. I will be praying for you and your family

I wanted to check in about my July goals:

10-11K steps a day: I took yesterday off-not feeling well; but otherwise yes!!!
    Continue to track food daily: Yes!
    Ask for names/phone numbers of personal trainers at my gym and call someone! Had to submit paperwork-just heard I have to submit an additional clearance form, probably because I am old and have had back issues. :neutral:
    Do planks every day: Yes (except yesterday)! Up to a whopping 44 seconds!
    Lose 5 pounds: Yes!! Already done it!
  • CSSJ09
    Options
    Mary there is an app called Danio Diary. It is a hyper secure, HIPPA. Compliant system to permit communications between patient's care facility or hospital and family. DM me and if you want, I can send you information about it. CJ
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did 10 Minute Fitness Ball Workout today. The plan for tomorrow is to do the water class.

Rebecca – thinking of you today

NYKaren – how horrible! Thank you for being there at the funeral.

Well, Vince went to the practice at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This is the first time ever that they’re having the roval so it should be interesting. While he was gone I went to WalMart to get a few things then had to go to Food Lion to get chicken. I want Vince to grill pork chops and chicken, maybe Friday since the change for rain is lower. Came home and made him a banana chocolate cake and while it was baking pitted about 1-1/2 bags of cherries (that were on sale). Now I’m trying baking the pizza balls that I’ll take to Rummikub tonight. The recipe says to bake them for 20 minutes and am I glad that I did it now because they were black on the bottom. So now I’m trying baking them for 15 minutes. If they’re still black, I’ll try them for 10 minutes. Then I think I’ll go in the pool. Update: never made it to the pool. Decreased the oven temp to 350 and baked them for 15 minutes.

Snowflake, there are a few things that I’m busy searching for. If they have them, I would love to have them shipped to me. I’ll PM you with the things that I’m looking for

Cheri – how beautiful

I’m not sure why the banana chocolate cake is sticking to the pan. I really sprayed it. I’ll just let it cool some more.

I didn’t do well today. Funny thing is – my stomach feels “yuk”. But I feel obligated to try everything that people bring, especially since I am the coordinator. Well, back on track tomorrow

CJ – how horrible! Will keep your granddaughter in my thoughts and prayers

Just saw a post of Rebecca on facebook. She’s looking good. Evidentally, no problems with the surgery

Michele in NC
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
  • mtowne002
    Options
    morning again ladies~
    I am back from feeding my DFIL , he cracks us up some times with no filter... but everyday I go to see him , your gaining weight, your fat.... I keep telling him I know,, my goal this month is to try and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables..and will take a ride later on and get some miracle grow plant food and maybe some fresh tomatoes..
    going to take a nap, and study and do laundry.

Grrr about FIL
  • mtowne002
    Options
    cd8abgzheb6a.jpg
    7trg1fzcui0a.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous ty
  • mtowne002
    Options
    Hi Sisters,

I'm back from visiting my daughter and grandies. Successfully completed the half marathon in atrocious weather conditions. Rain and a head wind blowing off the ocean. I was soaked down to my undergarments and had to steep myself in a hot bath afterwards to raise my body temperature back up. But got a nice medal! As well as a large blister, LOL. My leg muscles are still sore today.

Machka, great to hear that your hubby is at home and hope his progress speeds up in his own familiar environment. Will be less stressful on you to not have to go to the hospital all the time.

Barbie, love that pic of your poodle barking at herself in the mirror. Animals are so funny! And thanks again for keeping us all linked in cyber space! Pretty soon Lanette will have our transporters up and running and we can drop in on each other for morning tea, and then all go to Heather's for a proper six course dinner.

I played a joke on my husband when I got home. My youngest daughter is so excited because she is pregnant. She has been trying ever since the ectopic pregnancy emergency surgery six months ago. She gave me her positive pregnancy test stick and told me to pretend to my husband that I was pregnant. I showed it to him and he said, "You can't be!" and I said, "You must have grown back together-20% do," referring to his vasectomy. "But you can't get pregnant at 52!" "Oh yes I can, I still get my periods, " I said. "It must be yours because I haven't shagged anyone else!" "I want a DNA test to prove it's mine!" he said. I made him sweat for 30 minutes before I told him he's going to be grand dad again. LOL I was laughing so hard I cried! <3 Wendy

HAHAHAHA!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    CJ- thanks so much for your prayers <3 mine go out to your granddaughter, you and your family. You do definitely want to help them through these tough times <3 (((Hugs)))
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Kim- thanks for the good thoughts. Glad you had fun with your Goddaughter. She sounds amazing. I'm sure that she wanted you with her during a life changing event because she knows how much you care about her. It's nice that you feel like you had a vacation! I know you said that you really needed one.

<3