JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I have a question... What does the letters "JFT" stand for? :)

JFT means Just for Today. If we can do something just one day at a time, my hope is that the one day turns into one month, etc., and becomes good habits.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Noon on Saturday- held the line yesterday even eating out on everything but sodium. I have been to one y water class and then messed around with kid to get in 25 more minutes in pool today. I weed ate a tiny bit of street edge for an old lady and then I have sat. 4 cups of water in-I just have to have ice to drink any large amount.
    I am going to do practically nothing this day--a bit down and so I am trying not to eat to pass time.

Plan for Sunday-- 1. Don't be late for church. 2. Toe the line on calories-vegetables, salad. 3. Drink lotsa water.
    4. Go to cemetery and talk to husband. 5. Take out trash. 6. Mend son's stuffed animals that the dog chewed.

Sorry to hear of those who are down--I go there too (well, I sort of live there) but things are bearable these days and I have to just sort of wade through. This just for today plan is very good for me as it is a manageable chunk. I will add in a bit to my prayers with you in mind.

Great job Josephine!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Walk??? - not my 5k the smoke was too bad. Had burning eyes and headache from just sitting outside

Oh, all that smoke is potentially coming from my direction, :s My house smells like smoked food. At least it's cooled down a bit, we got 1mm of rain this afternoon. There was also a lot of thunder so hopefully no extra wildfires because that amount of water really wouldn't help.

Great to see you. Are you also near the California fires? Take good care .... all this looks so very scarry.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 182.4

Great job this month!!! Look at that scale going down!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Good morning all :)

Ive woken up in quite a good mood which is rare for the mornings for me. Hoping I can keep it up and not get in a grump

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Close kitchen 9pm!✔️
    - Fill in paperwork and post.❗Priority❗✔️

Yay all completed!

Well I still have 2 glasses of water to have but I'll definitely have them before bed. I had to drink about 5 in an hour again lol! I've peed like 4 times, but Ive stuck to my goal!
    It's really boosting my mood getting back on track!

Tbh I started feeling nauseous every day and couldn't figure out what it was, (nope not pregnant again.. . I checked LOL) but I think it was too much thyroxine because I've reduced my dose today and haven't felt sick? Soooo maybe. So need to book a blood test and see where that's at!

I hope everyone's met their goals today!
    Just because it's weekend doesn't mean its any different! It's still 24 hours like any other day so treat it like any other day!
    We can do this!

Love to you all!

It’s nice to see you have a great day! I am being a slug today. My plans fell through with my daughter.
    Awh no what a shame!
    Wish I could slug about today!
    But my partner wants to finish the painting upstairs!

Are you almost done the painting? I want to paint our bathroom, living room and need to touch up the hallway. I just don’t have the ambition to do it.

Kind of, all the walls are painted, it's just the doors and frames we're doing now. But we also had to fix lots of holes, hole from wallplugs where we used to have the TV on the wall, we had to fill the hole my daughter made with her head when she fell out of bed and had to fix a hole on the bathroom door where we accidentally whacked it with a hammer lol!

So upstairs is nearly done then we'll start downstairs, just the frames and doors again.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone :)

Woke up in an okay mood again, pretty tired though! I feel a nap coming on even though I've just got up haha

Really wanted to weigh myself today but I weigh in every Monday!
    I certainly "feel" lighter lol! Hopefully the scale says so too!

I have a NSV.
    Since May 22nd I have stopped having sugar in my teas and coffee. I have sweetener but 0 calorie. But this was a big problem for me but jot anymore :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Oops forgot to add my goals!

JFT sunday

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise (yoga today)
    - Close kitchen at 9 and 1 snack!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of stuff to get done today and I need a little extra accountability, so my list is going to be longer than usual...

JFT Sunday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal!
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water. I've figured out if I have two with my morning meds and two more with breakfast, then it's easy to get 6, 8, or even 10. But if I start out the day behind, it's no good.
    3. Non-Aldi grocery shopping. (Got the Aldi done on Friday but forgot to update.)
    4. Finally make the chickpea curry that I cooked the chickpeas for on Thursday.
    5. Meal planning through Wednesday of this week.
    6. Laundry again.
    7. Recycle glass
    8. Close kitchen, brush and floss teeth, wash face and in bed by 11:30 pm.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options

Woke up in an okay mood again, pretty tired though! I feel a nap coming on even though I've just got up haha

I have a NSV.
    Since May 22nd I have stopped having sugar in my teas and coffee. I have sweetener but 0 calorie. But this was a big problem for me but jot anymore :)

That's a great NSV and fingers are crossed that you have a positive weigh in tomorrow!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Walk??? - not my 5k the smoke was too bad. Had burning eyes and headache from just sitting outside

Oh, all that smoke is potentially coming from my direction, :s My house smells like smoked food. At least it's cooled down a bit, we got 1mm of rain this afternoon. There was also a lot of thunder so hopefully no extra wildfires because that amount of water really wouldn't help.

So sorry to hear about both of your smoke situations. Will keep you in my thoughts.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options

I have a NSV.

That’s great! I’ve managed to stop it in my coffee most of the time, but not my tea. I’ve tried different sweetemersand just can’t find one I like
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday August 11
    2L of water - 🙂
    Stay in Green by 150 - 🙁 over by 424 I was just hungry and didn’t get exercise in yesterday. Not a good combination
    Outside 15 minutes 😕 pretty close I think even though it was mostly at the farmers market
    Only one evening snack 🙁 no but the second one was strawberries at least
    Clean 🙁 I did nothing all day except go shopping. I don’t like cleaning when there are others around and Rodg was home.
    Hopefully get a walk in 🙁 no smoke and then rain which actually made the smoke smell stronger

JFT- Sunday August 12
    2L of water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 minutes, might be hard it’s raining
    Clean
    Only one evening snack
    Write in Journal
    Exercise

It is so cool today, it seems funny to complain about it but it was 36 Friday evening and is now 11!!!! It’s crazy!

I’m feeling so lazy and uninspired to do anything today. I think I have too much I want to do I don’t know where to start.

Maybe I should make a plan.

• Bex953172
    Options
    Oh my god. I have just made the most amazing meal!
    It was only a sausage casserole but its kind of like a long running joke that Im an awful cook. And now I feel like Gordon flipping Ramsey :lol:

Marley loved it an scoffed it. And I'm currently at war with Saskia getting her to eat it.
    She said she liked it, now she doesn't like it, then she said she wanted a juice, then she wanted to go speak to daddy, then she wanted me to go talk to daddy (no doubt to feed it to the dog) and then she said she needed a wee and that it's coming now, and then she said she would eat "this much" but not the rest and she's not yet.
    Arrgh.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    JFT for Sunday
    30 minutes, at least, walking
    strict measuring of all food
    positive attitude.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.] No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 60, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [anything less will be unsustainable]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends! It's so hard to get onto this website during the day at work now! I'm the only teller so I have to take care of all of the customers and now that LK is gone and LM is back we spend the day catching. It's been great! But it's been cutting into my MFP time! Plus the DH and I have been spending a lot of time together cuddling on the couch or just talking and having fun in the evenings after work so I never seem to get online for more than a minute or two. My logging has been slipping as well. I have been having issues with motivation like a lot of us. Today has been a good day though. I treated myself to 12oz cup of coke and a yummy apple yogurt parfait today. I did a lot of work around the house today though so the calories should bounce back.

The DH has wanted pork chops for the last few days. I picked some up yesterday when I went to Aldi's so now I need to find a good low-calorie recipe to make tonight. My main problem is that I dont have an oven so I can't do anything baked.

As for exercise today, our bulk garbage pick up is tomorrow so Dad brought down his trailer(full of his own stuff mind you) for us to throw some junk onto. We had two busted up, super cheap clapboard dressers that we broke apart and loaded on. So that took a while and we threw out a few other things as well. I then picked up around the house and folded a load of laundry. I have two more left to do once I finish them up at the house.

Okay, enough rambling. It's currently 3pm here. The goals will be for the rest of the day...

JFT, 8/12/18

1. Finish/fold laundry
    2. Research and make a pork chop recipe
    3. Only one evening snack
    4. Kitchen closed at 9
    5. Shower/Face/Teeth
    6. Tech off by 10:15
    7. Bed by 11
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Bex and @mytime6630 I'm so glad you two have been having awesome days! That makes me soo happy!

@MLHC1 It's good to see you back! I'm sorry that you have to push graduation back but it'll be totally worth it. Bonding time with your baby is worth every minute (I'm assuming, Lol).

@Faebert I hope that you are having fun with your boyfriend and that it is as relaxing as you want! I'm sure the kids will be fine!

@Snowflake1968 I'm glad the weather is breaking for you! It's so hot and humid here it's hard to breathe!

@nickssweetheart You can do it! Do as much as you can and dont get overwhelmed! That's what causes the stress I think. You totally have this!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap R TGIF 8/10
    1) Walked dog before work & saw 1 bunny / 3.64 mi 1:03:35 / stretched = happy dog B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,372 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 61 floors :smiley:
    3) Leftovers day / food prelogged w/ cushion / stick w/ plan & no snacking after supper / net calories green = Net calories -128, sodium -997, sugar -14, fiber good, protein low-ish :/ 14c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: even 1 to-do on Fri. is a win = watered house plants, drained rain barrel (again), washed all the dishes :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:30 :/ / floss :s / retainers :) / bed & TV off 10:30 :( (farmers market before 8a.m. Sat.)

Sat. was a mix: did the farmers market & walked dog 4.2 mi 1:10:26. Then took things easy, even had afternoon nap. All mealtimes goofy: v late breakfast & lunch & afternoon snacks, since hubby and I went to a hot air balloon ascension & glow during evening in nearby town (will try to post photos). V late supper at DQ after, and b/c DQ was so busy, hubby and I couldn't share a banana split like we wanted. So we ate ice cream when we got home at 9:30, and I topped mine with chocolate syrup & cashews. Net calories very red. Weigh-ins are reflecting my choices of recent days/weeks. Tbh, lately I've been feeling like I'm deprived, which isn't usually an issue. Stress related to both our jobs isn't helping. Maybe if I can get my head back to a good space & in the meantime keep going through the motions. Thinking of starting a gratitude journal, or list, or whatever. So to that end, JFT...

JFT Sunday 8/12
    1) Church :smiley:
    2) Walked dog 2.95 mi 52:42 kinda hot & little muggy b/c it was late morning, but happy dog B) & happy me B)
    3) Get 2 loads laundry on line (one already there)
    4) Grocery shop w/ hubby
    5) Review recipes & select Sat. meal for visit from mom & dad, aunt & uncle
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work M)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30pm (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9 :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Perfect weather for hot air balloon ascension & glow Saturday night!

nu7f56xwwcuh.jpg
    k3bb7xiuzcm2.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Perfect weather for hot air balloon ascension & glow Saturday night!

nu7f56xwwcuh.jpg
    k3bb7xiuzcm2.jpg

Wow. Thats amazing!