JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    cschmitz-I am wowed by you! Bex-thank you verra much.Can't say Sunday has gone to plan-was going to sleep in but then a rider called so we jumped up and got to church late. Didn't go to cemetery but did talk to husband in my head. Had trouble with dog so went to store for a chain and then went again as first end links broke right away. Ate out and had salad and lemon water but also ate one burger slider when kid did not. I want chocolate. Going to bed so I can read paper and not have to listen to dog bark.
    Monday- 1. Drink a lot of water. 2.Stay within calorie and sodium amounts. 3. Take pills and even the yuck shot.
    4. Go to 2 water classes. 5. START on that quilt to donate.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Oops forgot to add my goals!

JFT sunday

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise (yoga today)✔️
    - Close kitchen at 9 and 1 snack! ✔️

Actually only had 4 glasses so far, but will get 4 in before bed.
    I'm totally in the green :) actually only ate my allowance today rather than eating more and burning off the extra!
    Exercise, just done this now, if I'm honest I REALLY didn't want to do it. My excuses were, I don't have a mat, I need to tidy first, there's not enough room, I'm already in the green so I don't need to, I'm tired.
    Then out of nowhere I pulled a blanket out, moved stuff out the way, loaded up a video (yoga with Adriene @HEGoddard0928 or @PackerFanInGB recommended this!) and began.
    It was a 20 min beginners video. Super easy. Didn't even sweat and she makes you feel good about it! That it's not all about having the perfect pose but being in the moment and connecting.
    I enjoyed it anyway!
    Glad I didn't listen to my excuses because they were just lame.
    And the kitchen is closed, my snack was an avocado :)

See you all tomorrow :)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Jft Saturday
    1. Meds am pm >:)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Start packing 1st night box essentials :)
    4. Take a nap :)
    5. Be present and kind :)
    6. Drink 2 cups of water before dinner and 1 after >:)

Water is better today. quick check in. Closing tomorrow! Setting my goals for today and tomorrow.

Jft Sunday and Monday
    1. Meds AM and Pm
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind - articulate what you need when you need it, dont stew.
    4. Drink water when you can, breakfast, lunch and at the office.
    5. Pack 4 more boxes tonight
    6. Load car with first night box and dog bed
    7. Pick out tomorrow outfit
    8. Pack 3 day bag
    9. Relax and rejoice!!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So I'm feeling really down this evening. No idea why. I've just lost total motivation. I have pork chops sitting in the counter ready to be breaded and fried and I just can't pull myself off of the couch and out of my own head enough to get up and make them...le sigh...😥
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    So I'm feeling really down this evening. No idea why. I've just lost total motivation. I have pork chops sitting in the counter ready to be breaded and fried and I just can't pull myself off of the couch and out of my own head enough to get up and make them...le sigh...😥

I'm here..want me to come tickle ya! Or do my belly dance? Want you to smile... Hug
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 ... What did the coat hanger say to the other coat hanger?
    I don't know, that's why I asked you...chuckle, chuckle
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 ...
    Knock! Knock!... Who's there?... U.. R
    LOL
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 ... I thought if I told you enough corny jokes, I could lift your spirits up a notch or two... I want to help. I'm here is all I'm saying.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Bex953172 ... Hi!!! Here's a long distance hug💟🐻
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options

[hug] I felt like that on Friday. Sorry to hear you're blue. I have been there and know the struggle.

I was just contemplating whether I had enough motivation to make the dinner I've planned or if I should just eat leftovers from lunch! I'd like to offer a deal: I'll cook if you will!

• nickssweetheart
    Options
    My tofu is sour. :( So much for the dinner I had planned. Now I have to figure out something else.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Thank you for all of your jokes! They definitely did make me smile!

@nickssweetheart I did cook! I'm so sorry that your tofu didnt work out!

I am feeling sooo much better! I pulled myself off the couch and fried up the pork chops and made two baked potatoes. It was amazing! The pork chops were super juicy and flavorful! It is definitely a make once a week kind of thing! I'm going to have to experiment with some different spices and herbs and things. I did the dishes(well most of them), picked up the laundry and folded it AND put it away. Lol. Now the DH and I are sitting on the couch listening to our favorite podcast.

I need to make some goals for tomorrow. I will mull it over and add them in a little while. I hope everyone is having a good night! Mine is definitely getting better.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    JFT, 8/12/18

1. Finish/fold laundry :)Just need to hang up some things laid out on my bed
    2. Research and make a pork chop recipe :)Just breaded some chops in flour and season salt and fried them in a bit of EVOO
    4. Only one evening snack :)Had 1/4 cup of trail mix.
    5. Kitchen closed at 9 :)It's been closed since 8:30ish
    6. Shower/Face/Teeth B)Most likely
    7. Tech off by 10:15 B)See above. Lol
    8. Bed by 11 B)See #6

JFT, 8-13-18

1. Log/Prelog all meals
    2. Up by 6:15
    3. Yoga
    4. Coffee/Quiet time
    5. Make lunches
    6. Work 815-515
    7. Research car removal
    8. Call dealership about oil change
    9. Cut up/freeze peppers/chicken
    10. Prep meals
    11. Leftovers for dinner
    12. Shower/teeth/face by 10
    13. Bed by 12.

It's a long list but I have the whole evening to myself tomorrow as the DH closes his store and I'm staying home. Lol.

• HEGoddard0928
    Options
    I've also decided to post some weekly goals, so here they are...

1. Call about car removal
    2. Pack car with boxes
    3. Bring boxes to storage
    4. Clean next to the crockpot/kitchenette/by the glass doors
    5. Some sort of exercise 4x
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Thank you for all of your jokes! They definitely did make me smile!

@nickssweetheart I did cook! I'm so sorry that your tofu didnt work out!

I am feeling sooo much better! I pulled myself off the couch and fried up the pork chops and made two baked potatoes. It was amazing! The pork chops were super juicy and flavorful! It is definitely a make once a week kind of thing! I'm going to have to experiment with some different spices and herbs and things. I did the dishes(well most of them), picked up the laundry and folded it AND put it away. Lol. Now the DH and I are sitting on the couch listening to our favorite podcast.

I need to make some goals for tomorrow. I will mull it over and add them in a little while. I hope everyone is having a good night! Mine is definitely getting better.

Yay! Glad you pulled yourself out of your funk and reclaimed mastery of your day!

I ended up making a coleslaw with a spicy peanut soy sauce dressing and two frozen boca burgers. Not exactly cooking extraordinaire, but it was tasty. Then I got into the B&J's because I had a few extra cals, but I made the mistake of eating straight from the carton instead of portioning it out and putting it away. Oops. I'm going to be about 40 calories over for today.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options

JFT Sunday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal! >:) 40 calories over, darnit.
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water. o:) One to go but I'm going to hit it!
    3. Non-Aldi grocery shopping. o:)
    4. Finally make the chickpea curry that I cooked the chickpeas for on Thursday. o:)
    5. Meal planning through Wednesday of this week. o:)
    6. Laundry again. o:)
    7. Recycle glass o:) Finally got all those spaghetti sauce jars out of my kitchen!
    8. Close kitchen, brush and floss teeth, wash face and in bed by 11:30 pm Looking good for this one too.

So all in all, I think I did pretty well today. I'll take it. I feel good about it.

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Great to see you. Are you also near the California fires? Take good care .... all this looks so very scarry.
    This is where I live. Yes, scary but were safe. Having to spend minimal time outside, basically to and from the car only. 5t8pu8t9889w.jpg
    You'd never know we live in a rain forest!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    It's 11:42p.m.
    I'm overdue to be in bed. Oh well.
    I didn't just lay/lie around this weekend, and yet I didn't do anything for myself...everything was about others.
    Upcoming Goals for this week:
    1- Workout at least 4 days this week
    2- Get some paperwork done
    3- Go To Library
    4- Read every day this week
    Love To EVERYONE💕 Hope we all have a lot of happy updates this week!
    I'm rooting/cheering every single one of you!! Yayyyy! Yes We Can!! We CAN Do This.
    And for the ones on a tougher road... I'm hugging you even tighter. And feel free to message me. Really, I'm not bothered by it.. We're here for each other, even if we don't live next door.
    Sleep well. May angels watch over you all and your loved ones.
    Good night🙏😇😴
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Great to see you. Are you also near the California fires? Take good care .... all this looks so very scarry.
    This is where I live. Yes, scary but were safe. Having to spend minimal time outside, basically to and from the car only. 5t8pu8t9889w.jpg

I'm praying for you all...