The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday all - not really looking forward to mowing in 90 degree weather today - maybe at least I can sweat out a pound or two - have a great one!

87 degrees for me right now, but there's a breeze blowing. That's 31 Celsius for the non-Americans on here. I'm bilingual when it comes to temperature.

But doesn't having 0 as the freezing point make more sense than 32? Like 0 is kinda nothing anything above is nice, below is not so nice

It's 26 or 78 here. It is starting to feel like fall is on its way

Fully agree with you on 0 for freezing and 100 for boiling. Much better than 32 and 212.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday all - not really looking forward to mowing in 90 degree weather today - maybe at least I can sweat out a pound or two - have a great one!

87 degrees for me right now, but there's a breeze blowing. That's 31 Celsius for the non-Americans on here. I'm bilingual when it comes to temperature.

But doesn't having 0 as the freezing point make more sense than 32? Like 0 is kinda nothing anything above is nice, below is not so nice

It's 26 or 78 here. It is starting to feel like fall is on its way

Fully agree with you on 0 for freezing and 100 for boiling. Much better than 32 and 212.

I wonder why thatbwas chosen for freezing and boiling.
    I suspect since Ive grown up with Celsius it just makes sense in my mind. My parents lived when it was switched and I suspect still think in Fahrenheit
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Turned 46 this summer. Almost back to looking like my avatar take a few years ago. Was back up to 230...now down to 210. Avatar was low 200's.

This time, it is more about running that weights. Was never a runner. Actually despise it. But circumstance gave me a good treadmill and at best ok weights. Starting slowly, I now do a 5k in about 21 minutes. We'll see how it goes over the next few months...
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    6.5 run, 2hrs push mowing lawn, 1hr at trampoline park, hike to waterfalls = 15 miles according to Garmin, I'm having 2 slices of pizza for dinner...
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    HI all happy Saturday hope all of you are enjoying the day.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Morning all! It's supposed to rain here today, perfect for the planned company picnic and my buddy's birthday bbq. Doh! Ah well, we need it. I don't think we've had any rain for a good month now.

Im 42. can somebody add me? I need a good support team.
    Welcome! Just bookmark this thread and hangout.

Fingers crossed the party continues indoors 😄
  • macabre79
    macabre79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned 39 and hoping to meet my fitness goal by 40. Feel free to add me :)
  • FatCrankyGoat
    FatCrankyGoat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    51 y/o mountain hiker and outdoor adventurer; gained weight over past ten years and now my knees are feeling it - time to lose the weight and focus on fitness. Feel free to add me, looking for serious motivation... into intermittent fasting; Sworkit; long walks and ConceptII rowing; Starting a whole foods focused diet.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    51 y/o mountain hiker and outdoor adventurer; gained weight over past ten years and now my knees are feeling it - time to lose the weight and focus on fitness. Feel free to add me, looking for serious motivation... into intermittent fasting; Sworkit; long walks and ConceptII rowing; Starting a whole foods focused diet.

You don't look cranky :D
  • KowboyKraka
    KowboyKraka Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Turned 37 in June. June 1 - 260, Aug 1 - 230. 200/210 goal weight.
  • JustBecause84
    JustBecause84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just turned 34. Loving life and everything that had come with the 30s. I’d love to connect with you guys who are up for chatting!!!!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your Sunday peeps.
    Coffee in the garden here. ☕
  • MeOlBadger
    MeOlBadger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well the big 50 is coming and I am looking forward to it. I feel fitter, healthier and happier than I did some years ago. I have a 3 year plan to build up to ultra marathon distance and I am 3/4 through the first year and it’s going well. Nutrition, training, stretching & rolling play a big part in my day to day life. So come join me in in my 50s it will be a lot fun. 😁
  • Ralphone
    Options
    happy Sunday to all you M ages . Hope you all enjoy you day weather it's a workout or off day
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    New to this how do you add a friend?

on the computer app

1) Click on the name in the left sidebar.
    2) A window will open. Click on the name again.
    3) The user profile will open. Click on the "Add Friend" button. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's a good idea - introduce yourself, etc.

• TinaMarieB1208
    TinaMarieB1208 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi all...44 year old looking to lose my last 60 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday y'all!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Happy Monday to all you M agers. I want to get serious this week. I have been at this a few years. I really want to make my goal weight this year. I have about 20lbs left to go.Have a good week to all and good luck.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Happy Monday to all you M agers. I want to get serious this week. I have been at this a few years. I really want to make my goal weight this year. I have about 20lbs left to go.Have a good week to all and good luck.

Well done. :)
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday group. A week's worth of workouts ahead. Make them count!