JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    So many of us seem to be struggling lately, me included. Yesterday was one of those days. I did get the house cleaned, and we went out to eat, but in the evening, I just crashed, and gave into mindless eating again. I get so discouraged ... am I ever going to break this! YES I am! Today is a new day .... tomorrow is over.

I did start a new quilt ... but its a easy one. I had bought fabric packs where the fabric is picked out for me ... so all I have to do is cut the fabric and sew. So hoping this will help me to get out of my slump.
    And ... I made a new flower bed, and this week going to try and replant and re arrange my flower beds so they look nicer. All things I enjoy ... in hopes that will get me out of the slump I am in!

JFt, SUNDAY, Aug 12
    1. go to gym :)
    2. log all food :/
    3. april challenge - 8+ cups water :/
    4. may challenge - go outside for a walk (or maybe a bike ride, or work in the yard!) :/ Cleaned house instead
    5. june challenge ... mindful eating. We are going out to eat tomorrow nite, so eat healthy during the day :'(
    6. july challenge ... plan monday's dinner :)>:)
    7. aug challenge ... one snack, close kitchen :'(

JFT, MONDAY, 8/13
    1. drink water
    2. log all food
    3. go out side and work in the yard
    4. work on quilt
    5. only 1 snack tonite ... close the kitchen

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)
    11. Had a fiber one bar, and REALLY want another one ... or popcorn ... or something! but, drinking my water, and no going into the kitchen :)
    12. I ate FOUR brownies ! . >:)
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    So my alarm went off about twenty minutes ago and I popped up out of bed fully awake. Well, now I'm sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee fighting to keep my eyes open! WTH! Lol. I know that I need to get up and start doing something. Going back to bed is not an option. I'll just end up having a REALLY hard waking up again. I think I need to get up and make another cup of coffee. Or at least get up and walk around. Get my blood flowing. Lol.

So to update last night, tech was turned off by 10:32 and the lights were off by 1050. I was definitely asleep by 11. Tonight will be a little harder because the DH closes his store and won't be home until at least 10:30pm. I'll try to make it to bed by midnight.

Okay, coffee time!

Good Morning to you from the"Newbie"…. Lol….
    Hope your day is progressing well... Honey, I just woke up... That tells how out of shape I am... And even though it sounds like you had a slow start; you've definitely beat me. I'm so late, I may as well go back to bed and start again tomorrow... LMBO😂
    Anyway... I must ask...what does DH mean?...lol…
    Hug from me to you💟
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So many of us seem to be struggling lately, me included. Yesterday was one of those days. I did get the house cleaned, and we went out to eat, but in the evening, I just crashed, and gave into mindless eating again. I get so discouraged ... am I ever going to break this! YES I am! Today is a new day .... tomorrow is over.

I did start a new quilt ... but its a easy one. I had bought fabric packs where the fabric is picked out for me ... so all I have to do is cut the fabric and sew. So hoping this will help me to get out of my slump.
    And ... I made a new flower bed, and this week going to try and replant and re arrange my flower beds so they look nicer. All things I enjoy ... in hopes that will get me out of the slump I am in!

JFt, SUNDAY, Aug 12
    1. go to gym :)
    2. log all food :/
    3. april challenge - 8+ cups water :/
    4. may challenge - go outside for a walk (or maybe a bike ride, or work in the yard!) :/ Cleaned house instead
    5. june challenge ... mindful eating. We are going out to eat tomorrow nite, so eat healthy during the day :'(
    6. july challenge ... plan monday's dinner :)>:)
    7. aug challenge ... one snack, close kitchen :'(

JFT, MONDAY, 8/13
    1. drink water
    2. log all food
    3. go out side and work in the yard
    4. work on quilt
    5. only 1 snack tonite ... close the kitchen

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)
    11. Had a fiber one bar, and REALLY want another one ... or popcorn ... or something! but, drinking my water, and no going into the kitchen :)
    12. I ate FOUR brownies ! . >:)

Maybe it's the season or something that is causing us all to struggle and lose motivation right now. I struggled all weekend to eat well and exercise. I ended up being 400+ over on Saturday and 300+ over on Sunday and didn't do any exercises either day.

I too have not been doing any of my crafting, I have a lot I want to do and craft fairs are going to be starting up soon so I need to get prepared. Just don't have the ambition to get to it! Hopefully this week goes better for all of us.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 ... I thought if I told you enough corny jokes, I could lift your spirits up a notch or two... I want to help. I'm here is all I'm saying.

@HEGoddard0928 - I'm sorry you were having a rough evening and happy to see you turned it around. @maryrobinson40 you have the absolute best attitude. I'm happy you joined this group!

Awww... I'm happy to be a part too. You all have tugged at my heartstrings... My heart aches for those battling depression, losses other than weight, and when any of you hurt I hurt, and when any of you smile, I smile wider. Awww shucks you caught me again😅 being human... Lol….
    Dang it! I was trying to not come close, but you all are so Gosh Darn loveable that I caught a case of "THE CAN'T HELP IT'S"... I'm happy crying now..
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    When I log in...my Summary Page won't load... What to do...someone help?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    For @PackerFanInGB !

d7hfl0xmg3wf.jpg

Yes, these little cafes are everywhere :smile:

Ahem, thought I'd removed the evidence of our indulgence from view... apparently not...

Beautiful picture! Welcome back from your vacation though .. we missed you! But glad you had a great time!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    So I really need to get back at this. I've not been managing very well. Too many things going on but let's get back on here. I have missed you all, just not sure how active I can be. If I miss things just know I am thinking of you all. If I miss something that's important feel free to send me a message.

<3

Welcome back!! We missed you! You are not alone in the struggles right now ... I think many of us are that way. I LOVE LOVE the quilt! I started a new one, using precut layer cakes. That way the work of picking out fabric is done. I've been in such a slump lately, so hoping this will get me going again.
    anyhow, happy to see you back!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I feel so bad for you guys affected by these fires! I knew there were ones down in California ..I just did not realize BC also has a bunch. Prayers for your safety.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 ... I thought if I told you enough corny jokes, I could lift your spirits up a notch or two... I want to help. I'm here is all I'm saying.

@HEGoddard0928 - I'm sorry you were having a rough evening and happy to see you turned it around. @maryrobinson40 you have the absolute best attitude. I'm happy you joined this group!

Awww... I'm happy to be a part too. You all have tugged at my heartstrings... My heart aches for those battling depression, losses other than weight, and when any of you hurt I hurt, and when any of you smile, I smile wider. Awww shucks you caught me again😅 being human... Lol….
    Dang it! I was trying to not come close, but you all are so Gosh Darn loveable that I caught a case of "THE CAN'T HELP IT'S"... I'm happy crying now..

I love your posts!! Always so caring! So happy to have you be a part of this thread! And hoping you have a big smile on your face today!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    When I log in...my Summary Page won't load... What to do...someone help?

Keep trying? I find MFP has a lot of little glitches at times.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    @bcTRAI So glad you're back! But sorry you've been battling depression! It sucks doesn't it! Sending love and hugs!

@slittlemeister I knew you'd gone somewhere! You always post in the morning shortly after I wake up and you hadn't done it this past week! Happy belated birthday and loving the pic!
    Also loving the "evidence"
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @mytime6630 can't believe you didn't make your goals yesterday! You were doing so well! But it IS just one day. Its okay to have a bad day, you just need to have more good days than bad ones! So I hope you're in better spirits today! I'm determined to get you on track!

We can all do this together! We're all so lucky to have you, you made this thread and with it you made lots of people's goals become a reality and you've also created friendships with people all over the world!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 can't believe you didn't make your goals yesterday! You were doing so well! But it IS just one day. Its okay to have a bad day, you just need to have more good days than bad ones! So I hope you're in better spirits today! I'm determined to get you on track!

We can all do this together! We're all so lucky to have you, you made this thread and with it you made lots of people's goals become a reality and you've also created friendships with people all over the world!

Thanks Bex!! Yes, I'm getting back on track today ... heading out to burn some calories playing in the garden! I bought some Fiber One Bars (on sale), so at least the 4 brownies were only 360 calories (90 calories each), so could have been worse. And ... I'm paying the price today for eating that much fiber :s .
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    🎤🎶Love in the afternoon... Lol…. I recall that from my soap opera days... Lol…. Glad I'm not caught up in those any more... Been delivered for 20 years now... Lol….
    Then there was football. After the Carolina Panthers blew the Super Bowl...no more of that and I loved the game. The only thing left is Tennis and Hallmark Channel. Which is great. I get a chance to read which is actually my first love anyway.
    LMBO... So far today, the only goals I've achieved are getting a shower, eating a salad, and logging in here... Lol…... Talking about small steps...
    😂 I think I saw a turtle jet past me...oh I crack myself up sometimes.
    I'm motivated!!! Yayyyy... My "matter" has been dictating too much over my mind. ABSOLUTELY GOTTA REVERSE THAT!!!
    MARY...(me) Yes?
    (That voice) GET OFF YOUR BUTT!
    (me in a whinnie voice) Awww, but my Butt don't want toooo.
    (Stern Voice) NOW!!!
    (me) YES! MA'AM!!😂😂😂
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I have to say, I have been loving my evening meals recently!
    For everyone else in the house they have a plate of protein (any kind of meat) , carbs (chips, various kinds of potato or rice) and veg (mostly brocolli and carrots)

But I tweak my plate so half of my plate/bowl is salad, the other half I put the steamed veg on and cover with half of a supergrains microwavable pouch (Tilda Super Grains Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut Quinoa, Brown Basmati & Sorghum) and then put whatever meat we're having on top!
    It's really really yummy!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    🎤🎶Love in the afternoon... Lol…. I recall that from my soap opera days... Lol…. Glad I'm not caught up in those any more... Been delivered for 20 years now... Lol….
    Then there was football. After the Carolina Panthers blew the Super Bowl...no more of that and I loved the game. The only thing left is Tennis and Hallmark Channel. Which is great. I get a chance to read which is actually my first love anyway.
    LMBO... So far today, the only goals I've achieved are getting a shower, eating a salad, and logging in here... Lol…... Talking about small steps...
    😂 I think I saw a turtle jet past me...oh I crack myself up sometimes.
    I'm motivated!!! Yayyyy... My "matter" has been dictating too much over my mind. ABSOLUTELY GOTTA REVERSE THAT!!!
    MARY...(me) Yes?
    (That voice) GET OFF YOUR BUTT!
    (me in a whinnie voice) Awww, but my Butt don't want toooo.
    (Stern Voice) NOW!!!
    (me) YES! MA'AM!!😂😂😂

I really miss Another World, it was really the only one I really ever stayed up with after I grew up and moved out of my parents house. My Grandmother and Mother each watched most of them that were on each day so I could hold a conversation about them. I remember there was a year and a half or so when my Dad was injured and off work. He got caught up in Texas and Another World. After he went back to work our mealtime conversation was catching him up on the Soaps for a few months. LOL Nice memory thanks for that.

I have done nothing productive all day even though I am at work. There is just no work to do. So disheartening.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I have to say, I have been loving my evening meals recently!
    For everyone else in the house they have a plate of protein (any kind of meat) , carbs (chips, various kinds of potato or rice) and veg (mostly brocolli and carrots)

But I tweak my plate so half of my plate/bowl is salad, the other half I put the steamed veg on and cover with half of a supergrains microwavable pouch (Tilda Super Grains Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut Quinoa, Brown Basmati & Sorghum) and then put whatever meat we're having on top!
    It's really really yummy!

That's awesome, if you like them and find them easy you will stick to them better!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends! It's so hard to get onto this website during the day at work now! I'm the only teller so I have to take care of all of the customers and now that LK is gone and LM is back we spend the day catching. It's been great! But it's been cutting into my MFP time! Plus the DH and I have been spending a lot of time together cuddling on the couch or just talking and having fun in the evenings after work so I never seem to get online for more than a minute or two. My logging has been slipping as well. I have been having issues with motivation like a lot of us. Today has been a good day though. I treated myself to 12oz cup of coke and a yummy apple yogurt parfait today. I did a lot of work around the house today though so the calories should bounce back.

The DH has wanted pork chops for the last few days. I picked some up yesterday when I went to Aldi's so now I need to find a good low-calorie recipe to make tonight. My main problem is that I dont have an oven so I can't do anything baked.

As for exercise today, our bulk garbage pick up is tomorrow so Dad brought down his trailer(full of his own stuff mind you) for us to throw some junk onto. We had two busted up, super cheap clapboard dressers that we broke apart and loaded on. So that took a while and we threw out a few other things as well. I then picked up around the house and folded a load of laundry. I have two more left to do once I finish them up at the house.

Okay, enough rambling. It's currently 3pm here. The goals will be for the rest of the day...

JFT, 8/12/18

1. Finish/fold laundry
    2. Research and make a pork chop recipe
    3. Only one evening snack
    4. Kitchen closed at 9
    5. Shower/Face/Teeth
    6. Tech off by 10:15
    7. Bed by 11

How do you survive without an oven? That must be so hard!

I make do with a microwave, induction hot plate and a few nice crockpots. Lol
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hello my friends! It's so hard to get onto this website during the day at work now! I'm the only teller so I have to take care of all of the customers and now that LK is gone and LM is back we spend the day catching. It's been great! But it's been cutting into my MFP time! Plus the DH and I have been spending a lot of time together cuddling on the couch or just talking and having fun in the evenings after work so I never seem to get online for more than a minute or two. My logging has been slipping as well. I have been having issues with motivation like a lot of us. Today has been a good day though. I treated myself to 12oz cup of coke and a yummy apple yogurt parfait today. I did a lot of work around the house today though so the calories should bounce back.

The DH has wanted pork chops for the last few days. I picked some up yesterday when I went to Aldi's so now I need to find a good low-calorie recipe to make tonight. My main problem is that I dont have an oven so I can't do anything baked.

As for exercise today, our bulk garbage pick up is tomorrow so Dad brought down his trailer(full of his own stuff mind you) for us to throw some junk onto. We had two busted up, super cheap clapboard dressers that we broke apart and loaded on. So that took a while and we threw out a few other things as well. I then picked up around the house and folded a load of laundry. I have two more left to do once I finish them up at the house.

Okay, enough rambling. It's currently 3pm here. The goals will be for the rest of the day...

JFT, 8/12/18

1. Finish/fold laundry
    2. Research and make a pork chop recipe
    3. Only one evening snack
    4. Kitchen closed at 9
    5. Shower/Face/Teeth
    6. Tech off by 10:15
    7. Bed by 11

How do you survive without an oven? That must be so hard!

I make do with a microwave, induction hot plate and a few nice crockpots. Lol

That is really impressive! I don't think I could do it. I would need at least a toaster oven I think.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So my alarm went off about twenty minutes ago and I popped up out of bed fully awake. Well, now I'm sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee fighting to keep my eyes open! WTH! Lol. I know that I need to get up and start doing something. Going back to bed is not an option. I'll just end up having a REALLY hard waking up again. I think I need to get up and make another cup of coffee. Or at least get up and walk around. Get my blood flowing. Lol.

So to update last night, tech was turned off by 10:32 and the lights were off by 1050. I was definitely asleep by 11. Tonight will be a little harder because the DH closes his store and won't be home until at least 10:30pm. I'll try to make it to bed by midnight.

Okay, coffee time!

Good Morning to you from the"Newbie"…. Lol….
    Hope your day is progressing well... Honey, I just woke up... That tells how out of shape I am... And even though it sounds like you had a slow start; you've definitely beat me. I'm so late, I may as well go back to bed and start again tomorrow... LMBO😂
    Anyway... I must ask...what does DH mean?...lol…
    Hug from me to you💟

Hi "Newbie"! LOL.

DH stands for Dear Husband. A lot of people use DH/DS/DW/DB/DD to describe family relationships. A lot of people also use the first letter of friends names and things. For example, I have a friend Donna that I see every week. But for this board I just call her D. It adds a bit of anonymity and cuts down on confusion(for me at least) Lol. Hugs from me to you back!