NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @theslightedgeforever yes, I am not special...well, I AM, but not in that way hahaha! I think you should follow your doc's advice. Just to be safe!!! He may have an MD in front of his name for a good reason.

@ChelleTrell Hello and now, Happy Saturday! This week, I am meal prepping: Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls, One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Orzo, Easy Beef Burrito Skillet (with Morningstar Burger crumbles to lessen the points), Cold Sesame Peanut Noodles + chicken, and Pita Pizzas. Let me know if you want any of the recipes!

@TrishasTime Sorry for the gain, I'm expecting one myself today. Happy belated anniversary!!! Oh I'm glad I don't have to sleep upright in a chair, I couldn't do that very easily.

@TeresaW1020 Good morning! Yum...carnitas I love those! And way to balance out the carnitas with the fruit salad, that was a nice touch. Oh my, your poor husband. I hope he gets better soon. I hope you like the movie, I want to see it, I love Winnie the Pooh!

Hi all. I skipped BodyPump today, just wanted a break, I will go on Monday. So, I'm getting ready for my WW meeting at 9. I might pop back on here to tell you the results. I'm not anticipating good news but who knows? Hubby is making cast iron skillet deep dish pizza tonight for dinner, I love that stuff. It's better than take-out and less points, I think. I haven't had it since I've been on WW this time, so I don't know if I've figured out the points but I'm sure it is better than take-out.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    TeresaW1020. It’s more fun misbehaving 😜. I see someone else misbehaved too. So back to good choices. That’s always the good thing is that we can get back on track at the next meal. Sorry to hear about your DH.

Trooworld pizza sounds good. I think I’ll make a flatbread pizza. That will be less than take out too. Of course your hubby’s recipe sounds better. Eeyore is my favorite Winnie the Pooh character. So how was WW weigh in. I’m still sitting here doing nothing. I talked to my daughter who is a Surgical Assistant and she says to wait because of the type of stitches they used.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Good evening all,

I am sitting here wanting to go to bed, but can't just yet. I have another fun filled next few days. I was so overwhelmed today, I was all out of sorts. Mad at myself, because I just take on too much and want to do it all. Then realize I can't...ugh. I want to read all the books, be creative, join every group..so my eating is garbage...ugh
    I haven't even exercised in a week...not much sleep either. I will be glad when this week is over..LOL

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry your DH is sick...I hope you found something to do...Just relax and enjoy the time with them...Maybe they want to just stay in and play games or visit. LOL

@TrishasTime I am sorry about the gain, but you also know it will come off..Life happens sometimes and we know we won't stay in the same season forever.

@trooworld I think all your meals sound delicious!!! Enjoy your pizza, you have to indulge once in a while or you won't stay the course.

@ChelleTrell I love turkey sandwiches. I used to eat the same thing every day...a salad with chicken...now it's pb and bread...gotta get back to the old me LOL Yes I have the same problem with sweets...if the bag of sweets isn't open, I am good, but once someone opens it...

Okay, I need to go to bed, but I know tomorrow I won't get on as my day is pretty full...and I wanted to check in.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    WW meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/GuXmoOIlJkU
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Hey everyone, Happy Sunday to you all, headed for my cheat breakfast (loaded with carbs), then rest of the day I will be good. Sorry haven’t been able to log on for the last 2 days, been very hectic with the family, but I do enjoy reading all the posts on the board

@trooworld thanks for the wishes for hubby, it’s good you gave yourself a break from working out, what is the base you use for the deep dish pizza, and all the best for your WW meeting. I did try the cauliflower base once, it was okay but not good

@TeresaW1020 hope your hubby feels better soon

@trishastime belated wishes on your anniversary

@ChelleTrell you are so lucky to have Monday and Tuesday off from work,

More from me later have to run, laying out breakfast for the family
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever We make flatbread pizza a lot, I hadn't had my husband's deep dish in a long time, maybe since before December, so it was time. It was delicious! And I stopped at one piece (1/4 of the pie ;) ). I could have kept going but I didn't. I love Eeyore, he's up there in my faves but Piglet and Pooh beat him out for my favorite spots. Weigh in was better than expected: I lost... down -0.4 lbs. Not much but headed in the right direction! I'm glad you talked to your daughter, you aren't as stubborn as you portray yourself ;) . Thanks for the highlights, too. She's got a new channel, interesting, I'll have to follow that.

@cbabie You certainly sound overwhelmed! I hope you take time out for YOU. The pizza WAS delicious. Thanks for checking in, I worry about you when you aren't checking in lol.

@krupalip I'm sure you've been very busy with all of that company. For the deep dish pizza, my hubby makes it not me, I think he just makes a basic pizza dough and puts it in a cast iron skillet then loads the toppings onto it and bakes it. Sorry, that is one thing that I do not know about cooking! It is a real pizza crust, not cauliflower or anything low-carb/low-cal...so it's rather an indulgence/fun-food. But that's okay, that's why I work hard! I tried cauliflower crust pizza too and found that the crust never crisps up, it just is soggy and unsatisfying. If I want a lower calorie substitute, I either use naan bread or pita bread and make a pizza on that. Enjoy your cheat breakfast!!!

Hi all. I've got the beginnings of what feels like a migraine today, hopefully, I can take something and it goes away. I have to get my meal prep done so I can have a successful week! I didn't lose much this week, but at least I lost something (-0.4 lbs). I thought I was going to gain big time.
  • krupalip
    Hello,
    @trooworld congratulations on your weight loss, hope your migraine didn’t get worse. I am busy with family and I have tonnes of work to get done from home as well, my hubby and I have a design company, I take care of the finances and he is the creative guy, so I work from home and don’t have to commute, that’s the saving grace. I agree about the cauliflower base, doesn’t get crisp at all, hope you have a great week ahead of you

@theslightedgeforever it was so nice to see your video, got to learn interesting facts.

@cbabie it’s so good that you make time to check-in on all of us despite your busy schedule, thank you, please get some rest, you need it

Monday morning blues striking again, I have just 34 days to reach my goal of 48 kgs and it’s seeming so hard, the last bit is always tough. Had an okay weekend in terms of food, just indulged in a bit of ice cream lying in the fridge, which I hadn’t touched the entire week

I am down to 53.5 kgs, if anyone has any tips to accelerate the weight loss please share

Hope you guys have a great week ahead love to all
  • trooworld
    @krupalip Thanks. I took some medicine and it knocked out the migraine, thankfully. That's good that you work from home and don't have a commute, you are lucky to not have to deal with traffic. I'm sure Mumbai being as big as has bad traffic, here in CA we have bad traffic too. Have a great week as well! I'm sorry, I have no tips to accelerate weight loss, just keep doing what you have done to be successful and you will get there. I know it takes time, unfortunately.

Hi all. Well, due to the heat, I just couldn't get through my meal prep. I did make 1 1/2 meals and my hubby said he'd make a meal tonight. That leaves me to make tonight's meal + Thursday's pita pizzas on Thursday and that is it, so that is acceptable. Luckily, I don't have to prep my breakfast, I'm just having toast with guacamole and feta on it (that may sound gross but it is actually really tasty). Have a good day everyone!
  • theslightedgeforever
    trooworld I never thought of using naan bread for a pizza crust. That would be good. I do love me some good naan and hummus though. That's great news on your weight loss. A loss is a loss.

krupalip- The video is one I subscribe to on youtube. That's not me. Although it would be nice having lost 75 lbs like she has. Have you been taking your measurements? Size is more important than a number on the scale, I think. Just keep working and you will get there.

I hope I'm not getting sick. On my left side, I have an earache, sore throat, and a stabbing pain that is intermittent on the left side of my head behind my ear. But I'm hanging in there.
  • krupalip
    Hey everyone,
    @theslightedgeforever I am so embarrassed about my silly mistake, I don't know why I thought it was you in the video. Silly me, I do measure myself every 15 days, there is a slight change but not how much I would like. Since I am short, my arms are very flabby and I have what I call thunder thighs...actually I have lost inches on my hips and thighs but my arms are flabby. In the long run I would like to have a toned body more muscle and very little fat. That is a long term goal to be achieved by the time I am 41. So giving myself a year but the short-term target remains 48 kgs.

@trooworld I have done my share of being stuck in traffic, I was a journalist in mumbai for 14 years, so yes respite from traffic is a boon. I continue to be on the path of eating clean and doing weights 4 times a week, my trainer increased my intensity yesterday, actually mentally preparing myself for lifting 30 kgs while doing squats

Target for the week is to break the 53 barrier and touch 52 kgs, have promised myself a massage when I touch 50 kgs, something to keep me going

Have a great day ahead everyone
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever yes, it is good, try it! I hope you aren't getting sick too, I hope that pain and sore throat gets better.

@krupalip wow, it sounds like you did your time as a journalist in traffic! Enjoy your no commute now, you've earned it. :) You sound like you are working really hard with the workouts. A massage is a great reward!

Hi all. Not much going on over here. I had a good day eating yesterday and went to BodyPump as well. I need to get my water intake back up. It's just okay right now. Have a good day.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm glad to see you are doing well. :)

@cbabie, I hope things settle down soon and that you can get some rest and get in some you time! I was talking with a woman in WW this morning about how we can so often get overwhelmed when we don't say no to things. Life can be busy enough and sometimes we don't help the matter with our need to say yes and do more. I understand!! ;)

@krupalip, being a journalist sounds fun. I bet you have some great stories and maybe some not so great, huh? I only measure myself every 6 months because I find that the tape can fluctuate depending on where exactly I put it on my body. You will break that barrier. Just don't give up on yourself! :)

@theslightedgeforever, how are you feeling today? Your symptoms didn't sound so great. :/

@trooworld, I've been struggling with water too. I have an app that helps me keep track. I just gotta drink the water in order to track. LOL

Well, life is back to normal. Hubby is feeling much better, which is a huge relief. I hate it when he gets sick! He is 23 years older than me (75 years old) and these days getting sick really throws him for a loop. He is terribly bummed that he missed a whole day with his family. I went to WW this morning and for the first time decided not to weigh in. I weighed in at home and was up 3 lbs. I wayyy overindulged and allowed myself to get carried away with the family. My husband's daughter-in-law loves to eat good food and boy did we eat some food!! :s I got my new Fitbit and it seems to track better than my old one, so that is good. I am hoping to get the 3 lbs off this week and maybe a little more. Just have to work the plan!! B)
  • tulsalo
    tulsalo Posts: 20 Member
    Hello all. I kinda skimmed through the posts I've missed the last couple weeks and I have to say y'all inspire me. Especially those who take the time to write consistently without fail. I've never been great with consistently doing much of anything but I figured I would be better off trying to post as often as I can than quitting all together. I've been tracking everything I eat still (even the indulgences) which seems to take plenty of time to do but at least it's a habit now. My doctor lectured me recently on the importance of exercise and getting my BMI down to healthy so that was unpleasant but perhaps a needed push. Hope everyone has/had a great day and good rest of the week!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Krupalip. If you are silly then most everyone else in the group is silly too except for my sister she knows what I look like. Lol. Most thought it was me at first. Thunder thighs: from my own experience I used to think I had those when they measured 21 inches around. Now mine are in the high upper range of the 20s. What’s bigger than thunder? I realize now it’s all perception on how we view ourselves versus reality. What is your body fat percent?

Trooworld sounds like you are getting back on track. I need more water too. I have a harder time if I can’t exercise. Thursday is around the corner.

TeresaW1020. I think you and cbabie have a lot in common. So now you have a baseline on what to do different when family comes visits again. You can make out your game plan ahead of time. I do think officially weighing in is good only for accountability sake. I watch the twins who have had major success with WW and as they say you did it. Own it and move on. It’s a new week. All of our experiences are learning opportunities. I’ll be glad to get my Fitbit steps moving again.

tulsalo. Consistency has never been my thing either but that’s the one thing that will make me successful so I’m really working on it. I’ve figured out it’s all a matter of habit. Like brushing teeth before going to sleep. Just like you have formed a habit with tracking your food, you can start working on the habits of exercise and checking in here for support and motivation. Just decide how many days do you want to do them per week and build on it. I find it quicker to add my food from my phone than my computer. On my phone if I put in pancakes, it will list all the other foods I usually eat with it and I can go check check check. The website doesn’t do that; at least I haven’t found how to do it on there.

One more day of sitting
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 You are so right about saying no/yes. I track my water intake on my FitBit app...I used to use an app but I've got so many apps, my phone is at 97% and I'm trying to cut down on apps so I don't run out of space lol. I even have an SD card in my phone but for some reason, it's not moving things to it. I need to look into it. I'm glad your hubby is feeling better. I understand about not weighing in...somedays, you just have to take that no-weigh-in. What kind of FitBit did you get? I got a Versa in June, which I really liked but it stopped charging the other day and I had to send it back. They are going to send me another one when they get around to it lol.

@tulsalo Hi there. I was thinking of you and wondering how you were, I'm glad to hear from you. Yes, better to post as often as you can rather than quit. That's great that you've been tracking! Tracking is the key, I think. Have a great week, too!

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I think I am getting back on track. Hang in there...one more day.

Hi all. I am so tired. Sooo tired. I really wanted to sleep in this morning but I did not. I am up, going to BodyPump in a bit. This is why I go in the mornings before I can make any excuses why I cannot go. Once I'm up, I'm up. No going back to sleep. Well, I guess I could but I can't really because I have to take my hubby to the gym anyway so I might as well go too. I wish it were Friday, it's been a long week already.
  • krupalip
    Hey everybody, so sorry haven’t replied to posts, dealing with work and family and a headache which didn’t budge till I popped a pill.
    @trooworld hope you are feeling better, good to see that you’re tracking your water intake, even I upped my water intake and realised it does help with losing weight, the body works much better with more water, that’s for sure, how are things with you otherwise?

@TeresaW1020 hey, how are you, actually I was a business journalist, specifically, a banking and finance reporter, it was awesome but it did take a toll on me, my health and my relationships, so yes it was a great learning experience, no day was the same, lots of hard work and tears but yeah I had a great team to work with for 7 years and then switched jobs for better pay and a promotion. I do wish the inches would shrink as much as the weight but it doesn’t work like that at all, try measuring yourself more regularly it helps to keep oneself motivated

@theslightedgeforever how are you, I haven’t calculated my body fat percentage, I guess you need a blood test or a special weighing scale, not sure but I need to calculate it and get some answers. I do follow the BMI method which I haven’t calculated for the past few months, I know it’s not just about the numbers on the weighing machine, and I promise to look into the deeper aspects of my weight loss journey

@tulsalo welcome back, believe me that consistency is a difficult ask, if we were all consistent then we would all have the body and health we desired, so my take on consistency is: it is the majority’s Achilles heel, don’t beat yourself up, we all stumble and fall but you’ve recognised the problem and I am sure you will find the solution, that’s my two bits

No respite from the rains here in mumbai, so gloomy it’s depressing, going for my upper body workout now, catch you guys later
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. I hope you get some rest this weekend. I like your new profile pic

Krupalip. You’ve had an interesting life I think. Yes scales these days have the body fat part. Mine is a WW scale and has that along with BMI and water weight. You could be building muscle and the scale may not change a lot number wise but your body could be losing fat. I’ve had that happen. I haven’t looked in a while but I was about at 40% and I want to be around 25%.
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    BUMP
  • trooworld
    @krupalip So sorry about your headache, I get them frequently so I know how debilitating they can be. I agree about water intake, it's very important. Things are good, thanks for asking!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, I slept in a bit this morning so I feel a bit better. Yes, I love Wonder Woman! :)

Hi all. I did go to BodyPump yesterday. I have been having problems with my right wrist and forearm, mostly at work, I don't know if it is related to BodyPump or if it is related to work. I talked to our ergonomic specialist at work and they checked out my workstation and ordered me a vertical mouse. They also told me some stretches to do. Outside of work, I ordered myself some wrist straps to wear to BodyPump and then I ordered myself a brace to wear to work.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Morning all!
    I have just skimmed through all the post. I am so glad to see you all here even when I can't seem to get on . This week has been a dosie...my GGD decided to be a fussy baby all day yesterday. I got nothing done...but get stressed out because I got nothing done...This morning...I heard in my head that I needed to enjoy my "retirement" and my family and life..I just got a a ha moment, seeing my self as always on a mission, always on a project, always on task, always trying to keep moving and NEVER stopping to smell the roses as we used to say. So maybe I can just enjoy life and not beat myself up because I didn't eat just right, didn't post on time, didn't clean on the day I was supposed to and the list goes on...

@trooworld LOL I thought we had another new person...I saw your picture and then I realized it was you.. My oldest daughter loves WW so much she has her whole forearm covered in a tattoo....please take care of your wrist..I used to have to deal with the ergonimics on my job for the accounts I had...and the mouse might work, but it could also be your BodyPump..sometimes we don't realize the way we hold our body and we use the wrong parts..like in the old days doing sit ups and my neck would hurt because I was using it and not my stomach.LOL

@krupalip A journalist uh..that sounds interesting...but glad you got away from the stress and have a job with better pay and less stress...you sound to me as someone who keeps trying and doesn't give up!!! so you are going to get through the barrier...

@tulsalo yes in agreement with others...post when you can...that is better than not at all...see I am learning that to...I am an all or nothing type person..LOL

@TeresaW1020 So glad your DH is feeling better and you enjoyed the family visit....don't worry about the food you ate...it's better to enjoy company/family than to eat all the food you know you should eat and feel like you missed some good family time.

Okay gals, I have to get some stuff done and I am so glad to hear from you all!!

Cbabie