Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The weather... apart from rain... has been putting me in the fall mood...I know it's beginning of September, so it could warm up again...I just love the time of year when it gets cooler, leaves start changing... just got to watch putting too much food in my belly... easier to hide the extra weight under layers...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    decided to make pizza for lunch so tray of veg in oven to put on pizza= one can buy a cheese pizza with cauliflower crust.....we shall see.

hope to get some good knitting in, but who knows?

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,860 Member
    Options

Peep !!

The shortest of check-ins..... Visiting my cousin upstate NY....

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    For my virtual race, there is a "route" and mileage that is mapped out (the one I am doing is in Germany, I think). I have it synced to my FitBit so that it logs my walks into the "race." It fills in the route on the map and keeps track of my progress. So its going at my own pace. They have medals and t-shirts you can get. My friend and I are getting shirts. Paying some $$ makes me want to get my butt into gear and get it done. Guess that is a good motivator.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    All junk food out of the house.. Husband buys it. Wonder how long this will last?

Not long. Full of chips chocolate icecream and meat pies
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning scale down 1.2 - 2 key things, walking after dinner and keeping hydrated on weekends. Will keep up those 2 ......

12Sarah- you dont have to eat them all - count out /measure out a portion (read on package) and tell yourself you have had what you can. It stinks when the portion size is 3 crackers, but it is what it is.

Dr apt mid day so taking day off. Still have to tackle fridge/freezer. Cooking done yesterday so I have a black bean burger to make a salad and a half of the Cauliflower pizza left (that is a portion size!!), so reheating is all I need to do.

Temps are a heck of a lot better today. Nice grocery store near dr office I may pick up some more fruit.

Too lazy last night for shower, so first things first have to destink before I face the world but that is after nap and dog walk.

Make it your best Monday, wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Am getting updates as I complete this virtual race. They send you "street views" from where you would be along the route according to how many miles you have completed in a day. An interesting way to see the countryside in Germany! LOL
  • Paws3515
    Paws3515 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Am getting updates as I complete this virtual race. They send you "street views" from where you would be along the route according to how many miles you have completed in a day. An interesting way to see the countryside in Germany! LOL

I bet its gorgeous! Should share a pic se we can set too =)
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry I haven’t been updating. We have mentally been preoccupied with Hurricane Florence, as basically my entire state is in the “cone of uncertainty” and we are trying to figure out if we are going to evacuate or not!!

Regardless, I ate pretty healthy all weekend and brought myself a nice big salad with homemade dressing for lunch today.

Mainly just anxious about this storm but I will try to check in later. Have a good Monday, all!
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

Life has been a bit crazy latley. I upped my walking and added a morning walk again, working up to my 5k in the morning again...maybe as I want to also add weight training 2 times a week to start as it gives you a longer burn afterwords. I actually got up to 114,000 steps in one week...I was happy but exausted...lol

If anyone is on Fitbit & would like to do walking challanges please add me as a friend Saltine24 is my name.

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Kathren~ I am so happy to hear your test results were okay & sorry I am really late but happy belated birthday!

My cousin sent me a link to a company called Ash Glass Memorials & Jewlery. They take ashes of your loved one or pet (about 1 tsp) and make designes out of blown glass with the ashes & colour of your choice inside. I got a pink <3 done for my mom & a black & white ball/globe done for my cat Sabrina.

vghcsizvxb5w.jpg

5mf9jfygje2o.jpg

So my BF is talking about going somewhere hot for winter...he wanted to go to Flordia with his whole family but due to the age of his step father (81 this year) the health coverage will be outragous so they would not be coming, so over the weekend he was talking about an all enclusive trip to somewhere...not sure where as I have never gone on a vacation like that...any suggestions?

Welcome to all who are new.

Waves to Lana, Tess, Sara, Dawn & anyone elso who follows!

~Saltine~ >:)

• arniedog74
    Options
    ErynVee wrote: »
    Hi all!

Sorry I haven’t been updating. We have mentally been preoccupied with Hurricane Florence, as basically my entire state is in the “cone of uncertainty” and we are trying to figure out if we are going to evacuate or not!!

Regardless, I ate pretty healthy all weekend and brought myself a nice big salad with homemade dressing for lunch today.

Mainly just anxious about this storm but I will try to check in later. Have a good Monday, all!

Stay safe! My Mangers daughter and her family are in Norfolk, I believe. Her daughter is Naval and can not even think to evacuate until Wednesday evening, as she is in charge of getting all ships out to sea... my Mgr is so panicked, no matter how much her daughter tries to assure her they will be ok. Please be safe and keep us posted...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Saltine - I have seen those ash glass memorials on FB..never in person... wow! They are gorgeous!
    Would love to have a FitBit... unable to afford :/ not sure where to suggest for warm winter...we have "snowbirds" that go to Florida or Arizona...I like my cold winters...I'm strange... just brings back lots of memories and couldn't imagine not having the seasonal change. Wherever you go, hope you enjoy!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Saltine, my father goes on package tours to europe - where is the closest travel agent to you? It depends on if you want warm/dry or just no snow....

Will not have to see pcp for 6 months - but I have to give a fasting blood sample Thursday (other day off and apt at same clinic) to make sure the bp meds are not harmful. I see some serious chocolate at the end of Thursday (dental apt as well....).

They say cooler temps - not so sure. Eryn check in when you can.

Wishing all a great evening.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Woke up it is so hot I have window open and I am waiting for room to cool off. Dog is at my feet so with any luck we will not be awake long.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

My Monday,

Power outages in area yesterday, will find out today what happened at work. Took 30 minutes to get over freeway overpass after lunch. So glad I dont have to drive like that anymore. Nobody has any patience.

Tanked on calories yesterday, but did get walk in after dinner. Cooler temps if they actually happen the rest of the week will make walking easier.

Dog needed out, so maybe more sleep after breakfast??

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - time flew this weekend. Daughter home from Colorado, so I just caught up today on the posts. Was a great visit. Started getting involved in the wedding plans! Exciting! August 3 is the official date!
    Eryn - I will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck with hurricane. Must feel so helpless....I am sorry you have to go through this.
    Saltine - I LOVE the creations. They area beautiful.
    Tillies Mom - bad storms - is that why the power outages. I hope you have it back. We were cooled off here for a number of days too. Weekend and extended forecast shows humidity coming back - yuk.
    Lana - hope your trip is going well.
    Gemwolf - nice job on the loss! and Wow - impressed at your class commitment!
    Have a great Tuesday!
    Lynn
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Missy- I'm the same... give me Spring and Fall and I'd be ok... although, without a good freeze, bugs are horrible!

Today may be a chocolate cake day. I'm trying so hard to ignore it as it sits in front of me. But, PMS and the day we've had, I may just indulge. One girl turns 21 today.. so, the cake is somewhat for her. But, between 7:30am and about 12:30pm, this day has just been a big ol cry fest for me... ugh... just wanna go home and hug my fur babies...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - you will get your chance to hug your babies. We used to tell Lana - pick your piece of cake/doughnut and if it is still there when you fly by again it was meant to be, but if not then you were not meant to have it. Silly game but it is a 50/50 chance.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Sorry I didn't add my Fitbit link so people could add me: https://www.fitbit.com/user/6968LK

Sara~ Thanks for the suggestion, never thought about seeing a travel agent.

Waving to Lana, Tess, Kathryn, and all who follow.

~Saltine~ >:)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,764 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on a computer since Thursday, I find updating on the boards harder on my phone or tablet. I went to visit my cousin this weekend in a town 2 hours away. It's been 4 years since I went for a stay with her. We stayed up too late, ate too much junk and generally acted like teenagers. It was a fantastic time. She and her husband just ordered all new appliances for her kitchen, I made a deal with her and am buying her old ones. I'm so excited to have a stove that cooks evenly! Her son will be delivering them for me on Saturday. My husband works with a guy that refurbishes appliances, he is going to take my old 3 plus my broken washer/dryer and trade us for a refurbished washer/dryer. This will be the first time in 2 years that I will have laundry at home! I'm quite excited.

Tomorrow while the East Coast is getting hit with a hurricane we are supposed to be getting snow. I saw the forecast and thought I don't think I've ever seen snow before my birthday before, but according to a facebook memory it happened 4 years ago as well. It won't stick this early though.