September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @mbaker566 - love the pictures of your pups! I think even the foster looks so happy. I am sure she is enjoying getting out and moving too! I have to say one of the 1st puppies we got from the shelter was ID'd as a boy and the vet I worked for at the time said it was a boy but it was a girl. Granted a very small terrier puppy that we later determined was no where near the 8 weeks the shelter thought/told us at the time. With a grown dog I can't imagine not realizing!
    I do have a harness for Hobbes but I do not use it when we run. He is harness trained and walks just fine with or without it but I have not found a harness yet that doesn't rub sore 'hot' spots as his fur is short and very thin so provides little or no protection.
    I am the weirdo who is always watching out for everyone else on the trail/sidewalk. I don't want anyone to have to deal with Hobbes unless they want to and I want him to. I don't want kids running up to him or him getting in the way of bicycles. Scooters and other kid type vehicles frighten him a bit so we go out of our way to move out of the way...

@ContraryMaryMary - Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a very nice dinner and celebration!
    @MegaMooseEsq - that is interesting about the eye exam. It will be interesting to see how they compare.
    @noblsheep - have a wonderful vacation in Ireland! It should be beautiful running there if you get the chance!

Today I had planned to run... was all dressed and did go out but I just didn't feel like running. We ran a few sections and I just decided to walk. We walked almost the entire route I had planned to run for just under 4 miles. Saw this beauty fly over us several times but could not get a shot of him inflight.
    ti2z5rft6qyh.jpeg
    pnx1mbg9zc3x.jpeg

Also I have been looking for a light weight long sleeved shirt to wear running as an alternative to wearing so much sunscreen. Both my doctor and dermatologist have been on me about covering up more but I feel a bit claustrophobic when I wear long sleeves when I run, even in cool/cold weather. The amount of sunscreen required though to cover almost my entire body is ridiculous, hard to apply (even with the new sprays) and so expensive! Using it every day I seem to go through a can of spray about every 1.5-2 weeks! So hunting for cool lightweight long sleeved running shirts... I was at REI yesterday to return some shoes and found this one on clearance and I figured I could give it a try. It is Oiselle so even on clearance it was at the high end of what I am willing to pay for a running shirt. I wore it today and ok, I didn't run much in it but we were out for over an hour and it was amazingly comfortable, let the air through and dried super quickly. Now I am going to have to see if I can find at least one more.
    y9jcse9na808.jpeg

Ooh, good to hear what you think of the shirt, I am considering buying the same one but in purple. I need something long sleeved but light to cut the wind when it gets really windy in autumn.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    36 km today (22.4 miles) to celebrate my 36 month (3 year) running anniversary, in 4:01:40

On my first runniversary I did 12 km.
    On my second runniversary I did 24 km.

Looks like next year is ultra time again! :smiley:

Ha! Keep that up and soon you will running the insane distances of @JessicaMcB ! :lol:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Yah, I hate eye exams. I went last weekend and it was over $300 with insurance. Then they kept trying to talk me into glasses. I have a pair. My perscription doesn't change enough to justify getting them every year.

This was after lenscrafters wouldnt let me confirm my appt then said I didnt have one (despite it showing on line and getring a call) and scheduled someone else in my spot and wouldn't allow me to come in despite scheduling it a year in advance.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    September goal: 100 miles
    9/1: rest
    9/2: 6 miles of random hotel parking lots
    9/3: rest
    9/4: 7 miles
    9/5: 3.5 miles
    9/6: 5 miles
    9/7: 9 miles (6 am & 3 pm)
    9/8: rest
    9/9: upper body weights
    9/10: rest
    9/11: 8 miles
    9/12: 4 miles
    9/13: elliptical instead (legs needed run break)
    9/14: 6 miles
    9/15: 3 miles
    9/16: 4 miles
    9/17: rest
    9/18: 3 miles
    9/19: 4 miles
    9/20: 4 miles
    9/21: elliptical
    9/22: 6 miles
    72.5 of 100 done

UPCOMING RACES
    October - Illinois Homecoming 5k (7th)
    November - 5 mile Bare Bones Turkey Trot (22nd)
    December -

COMPLETED RACES
    January - Frosty 5k
    February - Run for the Chocolate 5k
    March - Penguin in the Park 5k
    April - Lake Sara Dam 5k
    May - Run Through the Jungle 5k
    June - French Fried 5k
    July - Firecracker 5k
    August - Happy Birthday to Me virtual 10k
    September 7th - 5k Glow Run
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    9/1 = Walk in Park with dogs and husband instead of running.
    9/2 = 16 miles
    9/3 = 5 mile walk with dog
    9/4 = rest day
    9/5 = 12 miles
    9/6 = 5 mile hike with dog
    9/7 = 16 miles
    9/8 = rest day
    9/9 = 7 miles
    9/10 = 5 miles
    9/11 = rest day
    9/12 = 12 miles
    9/13 = 3 miles