09/21 - 0 miles
    09/22 - Pittsburgh Fly By 5k
    09/23 - 0

Upcoming Races:

Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

--More as I find them - need to find a nice trail race

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    @Teerai wrote: »

Alpha very inspiring! Always on task.
    You have run in one month, what I have run all year Lol
    And you have run basically coast to coast so far this year!
    Nice job and Mucho Kudos! :wink:

Thank you :blush:
    Considering she lives in Hawaii, a better number is she only needs 600 more miles to run from Hawaii to the coast of California. :D Easily doable for her I think. :)

Never been to Hawaii, never been out west. I have been as far as Kansas, oh and South Dakota. I live in Tennessee, wow, 18 years now. Longest I have ever been anywhere.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    So I'm sensing a comeback soon... here's my question.
    I've lost a month of training due to injury. My previous average (when not tapering or recovering from marathons) has been consistently about 30km/week for about a year. How far back do I need to start over?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - I think Jessica McBride (@JessicaMcB) posted somewhere about completing her coaching certificate? Or maybe I dreamed it because I can't find it anywhere... She might be able to provide some online coaching advice.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 ran 10 miles this morning and training for Boston! Is there a running group to join after December in the fitness pal community?

YES! So each month a new thread is created and most of us move to the new thread. Each month a few fall away, and a few join. I think I have been in the last 13 or 15 months now... but some have been in way more than that, and some will make next month their first one. It is all good :)

It is really just one big long party at its heart...

You've been around awhile because I'm pretty sure you were around before I quit the group/running for a bit.
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Elise4270 - I think Jessica McBride (@JessicaMcB) posted somewhere about completing her coaching certificate? Or maybe I dreamed it because I can't find it anywhere... She might be able to provide some online coaching advice.

It was in the Facebook group. And maybe Instagram. I remember because I was like I need to hit her up.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Elise4270 I checked out RunCoach that was linked through a Strava email. It is free and looks as good as the plan my husband paid money for monthly for with Runner’s Connect. Maybe your husband would benefit. It is supposed to read your Garmin or Strava data and adjust the plan based on algorithms. Seems worth a try! You have to pay if you want one on one coaching though. P.S. I noticed the web version worked a little better than the app.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 ran 10 miles this morning and training for Boston! Is there a running group to join after December in the fitness pal community?

It's a bit early to be in formal training for Boston; but of course it's never too early to build a base.

There will be a monthly fitness challenge every month. I've logged the good, bad, and ugly of my running in it through 3 iterations of Boston so far, and expect to do so through my 4th Boston next April. But first, I need to get through Wineglass Marathon next Sunday. And I'm waiting to see what happens with qualification standards; my guess is that BAA will increase them by 5 minutes across the board for 2020.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Elise4270 I checked out RunCoach that was linked through a Strava email. It is free and looks as good as the plan my husband paid money for monthly for with Runner’s Connect. Maybe your husband would benefit. It is supposed to read your Garmin or Strava data and adjust the plan based on algorithms. Seems worth a try! You have to pay if you want one on one coaching though. P.S. I noticed the web version worked a little better than the app.

Niceness. We're back on speaking terms, I'll tell him. 😂

ETA it's not free. It was 129/ year. Haha! That's okay. He has a training plan he bought, the BIG BOOK OF MARATHON TRAINING
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    virtual relay for Dennis is 3weeks out.

We need a few slots filled. I know we have a few on stand-by, waiting to fill in the gaps. If you plan to run October 14th, central time any time between midnight and 5am or 130pm to 530pm, we could use you to run in memory of Dennis aka @KeepRunningFatboy .

See the thread for the link to sign up or just post here and we'll get it updated.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I did a drive of the half marathon route again, and actually took note of distances. It starts mostly flat for 7km, and is pretty much down hill from there (yay!). but in those first 7km are 2x1.5km stretches of gradual inclines that end in slightly steeper inclines. Just like the 2k stretch I would do here at work. So I'm thinking that at least once a week, either Monday or Friday, I will do a lunchtime run, doing that stretch. At the moment, I find that a challenge, gradually increasing for 2k, and I often struggle at the end.

Those first 7km at Kerikeri are quite challenging, especially if you’re excited and go out fast. In fact, the real challenge is not to go too fast too soon on those hills and then wreck yourself for the rest of the race. You want to be able to make the most if that massive downhill and still have enough in the tank for the final couple of kilometres, which are flat and feel really hard!! I’m a bit disappointed I opted for Waihi instead - Kerikeri is an awesome course.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Nice race @MobyCarp! Truly a well deserved honor!