October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent we are never ready for that phase. My son turns 21 in January and has been with his GF for a number of years. I sympathize.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep @amymoreorless @workaholic_nurse awesome race reports and congrats!

@PastorVincent I am so glad I've got years before I have to worry about that sort of thing!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

@amymoreorless and @workaholic_nurse great races and great reports!

@workaholic_nurse , did you say before that you used to live in Minneapolis?

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq glad you had a fun weekend.
    @7lenny7 Yep, lived out in Minnetonka area and worked in Wayzata and St Louis Park off 394. Also used to drive straight truck part time through Mpls/St Paul area. Moved to GA in 2008.
    @katharmonic You're going to do great!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Good luck for your marathon tomorrow! As they always say, don't go out too fast! :smiley:
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Most certainly not fungal. You're right that many people do confuse the two issues. I have to explain that to patients frequently.

@Elise4270 I think you have hit the nail on the head. I hadn't been on the scale in a while, and I have gained 12 pounds!
  • AprilRN10
    Options
    @amymoreorless Thank you! I promptly ran over to the link and bought one to try!

@HonuNui I most certainly can not go without!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    AprilRN10 wrote: »
    I was scheduled for 8 miles today, but took a rest day. TMI warning.......I currently have too much chaffing on the underside of my girls. Bodyglide no longer works. Yesterday I put nonstick bandages in the underside of my bra and it helped some. But later in the day when I took my bra off, the areas had stuck and began bleeding when I took the bra off. So today is forced rest to allow them to heal a little. I am frustrated by this. I have tried different bras. Bodyglide did work for a while, but it doesn't any more. Ideas, anyone?

@AprilRN10 Ditto. I tried everything. The only thing that works (for me anyway- believe it or not) is this cheap sports bra. If they ever discontinue it I am going to cry.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H6BVSKC?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Missed this one initially. I suffer from psoriasis and that is a huge problem area. Best trick I've found was suggested by my dermatologist and involves sticking slim, soft pantylines inside my bra where it rubs, leaving the area to dry in the air as much as possible and applying a cream called Fucibet to heal. Dunno if you can get the cream in other countries but I think pantyliners exist in most places!
  • AprilRN10
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Lol. Thanks!