November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    @amirahdaboss great job! that's an incredible feeling!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I just ran my longest distance ever! I had originally planned on maybe attempting my first 10K distance ever, and once I did it I had a complete adrenaline rush and kept going! Needless to say, I feel on top of the world right now! :smiley:
    11/2: 4.1 miles
    11/3: 3.3 miles
    11/5: 2.4 miles
    11/7: 5.1 miles
    11/10: 6.5 miles!!!
    Cumulative for November: 21.4/50 miles
    Upcoming race: Thursday 11/22 Feaster Five Thanksgiving Road Race: 5 miles

Congratulations!! Best feeling ever!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @Elise4270 Thanks! :smile: Regarding your husband's runs, if he doesn't feel like he needs additional fueling, then he probably doesn't need it (right now). It's one of those things though that once you get to a point in the run where you feel like you really do need it, then it's going to be too late to take a gel. Also, temps play a huge part...during the summer when I sweat a whole lot more, I definitely need gels on runs of 20 miles or more, and may take two, three, or even four during the run.

This is really true. In the spring when I am ramping up for my Marathon and Ultra I will hit 20 miles with no fuel, but as summer sneaks in and I start pushing several oceans worth of water out through my pores I start fueling for anything that I expect to be over 45 mins or so.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I just ran my longest distance ever! I had originally planned on maybe attempting my first 10K distance ever, and once I did it I had a complete adrenaline rush and kept going! Needless to say, I feel on top of the world right now! :smiley:
    11/2: 4.1 miles
    11/3: 3.3 miles
    11/5: 2.4 miles
    11/7: 5.1 miles
    11/10: 6.5 miles!!!
    Cumulative for November: 21.4/50 miles
    Upcoming race: Thursday 11/22 Feaster Five Thanksgiving Road Race: 5 miles

W00hoo!!! YOU ROCK!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Awesome @amirahdaboss! Great job!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    I want to run, but am home alone with the kids (4 and 2). Maybe we could go for a jog on the beach...
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Thank y'all for the moral support. I do enjoy my in-laws, but they are high energy extroverts and both my husband and I are introverts. Also, they are retirees and we aren't. I was caught a little off guard when they showed up to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and his stepfather's retirement out of the blue. He was initially delighted but then realized he wasn't getting any on his birthday (no time) and that he was expected to wake up first thing in the morning and get moving, to someone else's drum. But it would never occur to him to say anything, he literally said, "What can *I* do?" Our parents cast a spell on us which is hard to shake! We had a talk, and I coached him on saying certain phrases, like "We can't go with you this morning, we need to get some groceries," "I'm going to need to work tomorrow," "We can only eat out once per day, but please have fun without us," and "So, would you like to meet us to eat lunch after our long run? We take a couple of hours."

Crisis averted, at least for the present. Also, I got in a long lifting session which helped restore my glucose control. Long run planned for tomorrow.

Good on you and your hubby. Its so hard when they spring things on us and put un on the back foot! Enjoy the rest of your day
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I am very glad you found a solution! glad too that you had your lifting session and feel better. Have a good run tomorrow.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455: That’s a good idea about the cheat sheet, I’ll definitely do that. I think my “hot zone” is around my arms and elbows - obviously my butt is my cold zone. :)

@7lenny7: I need to figure out how to make the out-and-back work. I’ve been trying to avoid running on sidewalks and they’re going to be even worse in the winter.

@rheddmobile: Glad the crisis is at least temporarily averted. I loved everything @Avidkeo said: knowing when to say no is such an important skill!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart way to go!! 1st female and 3rd overall is fantastic! You rock!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Congratulations and well done!!!