WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• mprocyszyn
    mprocyszyn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Huh, I just ordered Sweating to the Oldies from Amazon. I actually used to like them. We'll see how that goes.

Willow from WA USA

Hi Willow...used to exercise to them...they are great....the routines are easy and the nice thing is we know all the words. It didn't feel your were exercising but dancing. Enjoy...wish I could do those again (sigh). Mary from Ontario, Canada
  • PressingPatience
    PressingPatience Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    mprocyszyn wrote: »
    Huh, I just ordered Sweating to the Oldies from Amazon. I actually used to like them. We'll see how that goes.

Willow from WA USA

Hi Willow...used to exercise to them...they are great....the routines are easy and the nice thing is we know all the words. It didn't feel your were exercising but dancing. Enjoy...wish I could do those again (sigh). Mary from Ontario, Canada

Yeah, I'm gonna find a battery for my Misfit (like a Fit Bit, but cheaper) again and start tracking my exercise.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kathy: Where are you from? Welcome to a great group of supportive women! :star:

Willow: Welcome. There are several women living in Washington State, and several in Oregon, too. I hope you’ll post often and get to know us. :flowerforyou:

Cari in TX: I think you have a great way to look for a doctor. I hope you find a good match. :smiley:

Sue in WA: SEATAC is not my favorite airport. We flew out of there one time. Luckily our travel savvy DDIL was with us and helped us through finding gates, & navigating inside the airport. Our son dropped all of us off. When we returned we had an uber driver take us back to their place. We left our car at their place and didn’t have to pay a long-term parking fee at SEATAC. I am not actually cmfortable with uber. Hopping into a strange car with a stranger doesn’t fit my idea of safe. :noway:

Michele: I’m sorry about your water class. I went to yoga yesterday and the teacher was at home, sick. I was disappointed because I enjoy yoga so much, but things happen. I rode an exercise bike for a while and came home. :ohwell:

TerriRichards: Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays we have. It brings people together to share a meal and the comradery of friends and family without the stress of gift giving. Last year we went to visit DSIL for Thanksgiving and had a lovely time. This Thanksgiving we are likely to be alone. :ohwell: I wonder if we can change that situation.

17: What knowledge are you grateful for? There are so many things to choose from. Knowing how to read is my choice for today. Reading expands my understanding and leads me to new knowledge and ideas. It connects me with other readers and writers, and friends here. It provides entertainment.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Laundry area before
    o50rx3cxv7cn.jpeg
    u12dmkzylxns.jpeg
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Ha-ha! That curtain looks like Pip and Kirby! :laugh:

My run is done. Topped 5 miles today. B)

/Penny
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »

/Penny

Would u expect anything less?? 😎

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Will be getting out of work soon ,and since I was out late last night ,might take a nap and then do some cleaning...
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Lagopus wrote: »

/Penny

Would u expect anything less?? 😎
    Nope! If any item can be found that has a bicycle or an Airstream on it, Pip and Kirby are lining up to buy one. And if it can't be found, maybe they'll order it special. :lol:

Way to go Heather! Isn't it fun finishing high in your group?

Today's gratitude

17. Knowledge - I'm grateful for the knowledge that comes with age and experience – knowing that what feels like I'll-never-be-able-to-live-this-down embarassing will probably be forgotten next week.
    /Penny at the t07190.gif
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Pip, that curtain is perfect for you!
    Penny and Heather congrats on the running! I keep telling myself that I'm going to start running again...
    Lisa, I really understand your wish to do up the resignation letter! You could do it up, just don't send it yet... That way you can spend the next little while tweaking anything that you feel needs tweaking. Congrats on the grant! That group is really going to miss you, that interim director may not think so, but she'll figure it out when you're no longer there!

I have been thinking about trying to get back into running, but it seems that every time I get on the treadmill, I just set it to hills and valleys and just walk it. I walk at a good pace, but still... I really liked the treadmills at the rec centre that I used to go to, they had an interval program, it was 1 min on flat, 2 min on a hill, 1 min flat again and then 1 min at a higher speed. It meant I didn't have to think, just do. I definitely need to shake up my exercise routine, something is not working properly. Although maybe what I really need to do is shake up my eating... sigh. A work in progress.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • PressingPatience
    PressingPatience Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Katla, Thank you. I noticed a lot of y'all were in the PNW.

Pip, that curtain looks awesome. I actually dislike doors, especially closet doors, and take them down whenever I can. It's a thing. I love curtains though. And yours is great.
    ---
    Willow in WA USA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options

Margaret—Our first home had a radon issue. The rule in NC was that it had to be disclosed if they knew, but not remedied. We had a full, half-light basement, and my husband planned on spending a lot of time down there with his computers. To fix it, we hired a company that specialized in it. They drilled down through the foundation, and set up a pipe and fan to pull the radon from the basement, up through the house, and out the attic. The pipe was concealed in an upstairs closet, and there was a gauge to check to make sure the fan was working. It's all about ventilation.

Cari in N. Texas [/quote]

Fortunately radon came out Okay. One less thing to do!

Yes thank you again from all reminding me about changing the locks.

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    After
    We had to remove the French doors, 😢. When we got the new washer, it was a bit deeper than the old one so we couldn’t close the door. Sooo got a cool curtain instead! How does it look!!
    2srpeikwrt7v.jpeg
    6mmk22z5pvcx.jpeg
    1t17cmf68dtt.jpeg

Cool idea!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Dana ~ I love you pup!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3