The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• Drummer913
    Drummer913 Posts: 20 Member
    @RubyRed427...Funny you should mention Madness! It is my favorite song they do, and they played it at the concert, so it was great then too! He actually wrote it about his relationship with his then wife Kate Hudson. That song strikes a chord with me (no pun intended) in many ways. Anyhow, music is sometimes great therapy. I often am listening to music while I run. I just kind of wonder between my conscious and subconscious, if that makes any sense at all! :p
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 8 today and feeling strong. I feel like I'll be in the clear after day 10

We always said day 10 is a turning point. So happy for you!
  • RubyRed427
    Drummer913 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427...Funny you should mention Madness! It is my favorite song they do, and they played it at the concert, so it was great then too! He actually wrote it about his relationship with his then wife Kate Hudson. That song strikes a chord with me (no pun intended) in many ways. Anyhow, music is sometimes great therapy. I often am listening to music while I run. I just kind of wonder between my conscious and subconscious, if that makes any sense at all! :p

I love that song! I am always listening to music too. I have to have music as well when I jog. I didnt know he was married to Kate Hudson! Song makes sense then. LOL
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Drummer913 wrote: »
    @NormInv...Congrats on day 8! Day 10 is right around the corner! Stay strong!
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 8 today and feeling strong. I feel like I'll be in the clear after day 10

We always said day 10 is a turning point. So happy for you!

thank yous :))))))
  • NormInv
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Sorry people's, I have been trying to tell u ppls a few times on here that I made it last night with some hassles at the start, but for some reason it's not posted.

..with envious sister in laws a particular one being rowdy and forceful I managed to slip out of their grip during the course of the first drinks going around.
    I didn't have to worry much after that. They were enjoying their own company. I kept myself occupied with food prep and cleaning up.
    The travel home was a difficult one bc dense fog had set in so I was glad I had a clear head.

Well done @Norminv ,... your helping me keep strong. Always nice to know your not the only one going through a tough time. :)

I have lost track when my last drink was ,its on here somewhere. I feel I need to go one day at a time during these tough periods. And the more I think about days and drinking the more I feel vulnerable.
    I think keeping myself busy is helping .

good job elc
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Well done, Friends. To those of you staying strong, congrats. To those that may be silently following and have NOT stayed sober, that's OK, we still welcome your insight. We've all had to start over at one time or another. I've got yet another holiday ornament exchange party tonight which I am sure will be full of wine and God knows what else. I will not be tempted as I am getting blood drawn Monday morning and I know that having any booze in my system will just make me feel lethargic and dehydrated and can't risk that. Plus I am driving, in the dark, to an unfamiliar place, and I need my wits about me. Wishing you all a happy Sunday.
  • RubyRed427
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 I've not only left my cc in a bar, but forgotten if I had even paid and went back to retrieve it and sheepishly inquire if I paid and tipped the bartender. It are these small humiliations over the years that have made me say, "is this actually worth it?"
    I've been debating whether to bring wine to this party tonight. I've decided I'll bring an appetizer and a couple bottles of Pelligrino. If I am considered cheap, so be it. I need to be true to myself.

I have brought Pelligrino to parties lately. I get the glass bottles to fancy it up a bit. But I think an app and the sparkling water is a wonderful thing. Xo
  • NormInv
    For those struggling with sleep, try ZMA supplement, it works great....it does give you very vivid and weird dreams tho
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hope they're nice ones..lol :D
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    So I am glad I brought the Perrier to the party tonight as there were NO non alcohol options! Nothing! Not even a jug of water out. Well we all reminisced and caught up (college friends) and when it came time to open the ornaments, the one I chose turned out to be a miniature wine glass. :o Oh well. I said, "Oh thank you, it's so cute!" but this will never be going on my tree.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    So I am glad I brought the Perrier to the party tonight as there were NO non alcohol options! Nothing! Not even a jug of water out. Well we all reminisced and caught up (college friends) and when it came time to open the ornaments, the one I chose turned out to be a miniature wine glass. :o Oh well. I said, "Oh thank you, it's so cute!" but this will never be going on my tree.

Good on you, Jen, for thinking of taking something incase. U would have been REALLY in a spot of bother. U did awesome, and well done putting on a brave face opening your ornament ..x