WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    hidee ho ladies~well the nap never happened, go a severe leg cramp..

@grandmallie, I get these so bad I cry!! I haven't had one in a while and think it's because I've cut out diet coke/coke zero and I'm drinking more water. I take magnesium and vitamin d because a nurse friend told me that should help. I always have diet tonic water with quinine around the house. I had one really bad about a month ago and could not even move with crying, it hurt so bad. Usually, with the tonic water, it is gone in just a few seconds.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Penny & Pip: What are the chances that the two of you are actually sisters? Seems plausible. :wink: :devil: At the very least, you seem to be sisters of the heart. :heart:

Carol in GA: It sounds as though you have a serious worry regarding your DBIL. Good luck to you & your DH. Is he close enough to drop in on him a couple of times a week? Do you think he needs to be in an assisted living facility? :cry:

Clowe1028: Thanks for posting the link to the real skinny on fat. I watched this series before and would love to see it again. :smiley:

Cathy in Arlington: We’re waiting for delivery of a new Whirlpool dishwasher. The first one arrived with a sharp crease in the door and was sent back without ever coming into our house. Hopefully the replacement will be here in the very near future. Our old dishwasher is barely limping along. :ohwell:

Are any of you watching the Outlander Series on Starz? I bought the books as they came out and have read them all, some of them more than once. I am so impressed with the TV production. They’ve done a stellar job so far.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Penny & Pip: What are the chances that the two of you are actually sisters? Seems plausible. :wink: :devil: At the very least, you seem to be sisters of the heart. :heart:

Carol in GA: It sounds as though you have a serious worry regarding your DBIL. Good luck to you & your DH. Is he close enough to drop in on him a couple of times a week? Do you think he needs to be in an assisted living facility? :cry:

Clowe1028: Thanks for posting the link to the real skinny on fat. I watched this series before and would love to see it again. :smiley:

Cathy in Arlington: We’re waiting for delivery of a new Whirlpool dishwasher. The first one arrived with a sharp crease in the door and was sent back without ever coming into our house. Hopefully the replacement will be here in the very near future. Our old dishwasher is barely limping along. :ohwell:

Are any of you watching the Outlander Series on Starz? I bought the books as they came out and have read them all, some of them more than once. I am so impressed with the TV production. They’ve done a stellar job so far.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I’ll take it, I hope she younger. I am the youngest in our family of 7, being the baby sucks!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Carol can you contact his doctor with your concerns or neighbors. There is social services but that adds another layer to the problem. It is a delicate problem. I like Lanette's advice too!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    hidee ho ladies~well the nap never happened, go a severe leg cramp..

@grandmallie, I get these so bad I cry!! I haven't had one in a while and think it's because I've cut out diet coke/coke zero and I'm drinking more water. I take magnesium and vitamin d because a nurse friend told me that should help. I always have diet tonic water with quinine around the house. I had one really bad about a month ago and could not even move with crying, it hurt so bad. Usually, with the tonic water, it is gone in just a few seconds.

I try to remember to shake out my legs during the day especially after sitting or standing too long. I also rub Epson salts into my legs during my bath. If I still get them I rub with Arnica oil and that usually takes care of them.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I’ll take it, I hope she younger. I am the youngest in our family of 7, being the baby sucks!
    Sorry Pip. I'm 63, waaaay older than you.

/Penny

• pipcd34
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Sorry Pip. I'm 63, waaaay older than you.

/Penny

Damn!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Leg cramps up your magnesium intake. Also pickle juice helps. When I am training for a marathon I do that and something else. When I have another minute I’ll post
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thank you to the runners and cyclists giving me tips. I still haven't been out to enjoy my new bicycle, since it was raining again today. Going slow for the running sounds like great advice. I read about a marathoner who, in spite of being much older than his competition, still beat them in a days long marathon. He wasn't faster; he went along at a slow shuffle, and they laughed at him. But like the tortoise to the hare, he had the last laugh. He didn't sleep, so when they were taking their rest, he shuffled past their distances. He sort of zoned out and kept on going. My faulty memory keeps me from remembering the specifics. Ah, found it! https://elitefeet.com/the-legend-of-cliff-young

I get leg cramps too, and have for most of my life. When I get them, I immediately get my foot flat on the floor as soon as I can move without screaming. My toes are always pointed when these cramps hit, and snapping my foot to a 45 degree angle stops it. If I can't do it quickly, the cramp lingers, and I do some hamstring stretches. I had a friend who insisted putting a bar of regular soap in your bed will stop the cramps--no idea why.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did an advanced strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Bosu DVD.

More Newcomer website stuff: Adra just sent me some more applications, which she’s done in the past. For some reason, she also sent them to Greg. I guess we shall see in a few days if he enters them or not. Vince thinks she sent them to him so that he can “activate” them. It should be interesting, I don’t know how you can activate someone who isn’t on the directory! You know, I know that Greg doesn’t want to work with me, but I really thought Adra did. Maybe I’m wrong. Guess I’ll just give it some time and just keep doing what I’ve been doing. Wish I could find someone who was a REAL web designer. The problem is that the group doesn’t want to pay any money. Personally, I think they should make the investment, if anything so that the gal who is (supposedly) going to be the webmaster will have someone who knows what they’re doing and talking about to ask a question of.

I like to prelog my meals. There have been times when I think I’m under calories but when I prelog I find out that I’m really not and can sometimes eliminate something so that I am under calories.

Welcome everyone new!

I really like interval workouts, too. Sometimes I’ll do them on the elliptical and sometimes on the treadmill. Mostly on the elliptical just because that’s much easier on the knees. But sometimes I do do them on the treadmill. That’s probably the kind of exercise that I’ll do when I go up to help Denise.

CSSJ – welcome back! I’m sorry, I don’t remember your name. A one year shopping ban???? I don’t know if I could ever do something like that.

Denise called. It looks like a boy. She was very excited to find out the sex. Personally, and I told her, to me it wouldn’t make a difference if it was a girl or a boy or an alien. As long as it was healthy.

After the Green Room stopped and got gas then bought chicken thighs to make this weekend. I probably should make something for the gal at the Y who lets me go in for free. I know she likes ginger. I’ve made her ginger cookies, muffins, breads, cake. Does anyone have a recipe for something else?

Newcomer bowling tonight

Jess comes home tomorrow and then flies to St. Kitts Sat. She’s evidently going to bring Shadow here but she asked if we could meet Colby ½ way to give him Shadow when we go to FL. She feels (and she’s right) that the condo is just too small for 5 cats. Really, it’s pretty small for 4, but at least they all get along. In a way, I’m a bit concerned about all the changes Shadow is being put thru. First Jess goes to St. Kitts, Shadow is with Colby, then she’s down here, now she’s back up in VA (well, I can understand Jess wanting her cat with her), back here, back to VA, and I don’t know if back here or not. Well, I really don’t have a say in what she does with her cat.

Tracey – I’m negative, too and had to get the Rogan. Happy birthday to your gd

Vince has been working on organizing the Christmas decorations

Yvonne – hope you win! Good idea to start getting prepared for your trip

Michele in NC