• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Proud of you Ruby Red and your honesty!
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Btw, I can say my own story... I have always been a social fun drinker and I have let it get out of hand. Thought I knew my limits and watched over others. I have lost my limits and now decided to stop drinking for a period.

That's great you got to this point to be able to realize it. I tell myself that I"m not going to drink today. Sometimes breaking it down into daily increments helps to build the bigger successes.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 Very well said. It can be lonely right now... because all of our friends and activities were wrapped up around drinking. I like that description from Melodie. You are “in between”- I think that place slows our life down enough to analyze how and where we want to put our energies. I think winter is hard if you have grey skies; you may be experiencing loss and reflecting on the past.

Stay as present as you can- Which is what you did when you took a bath and read. Happy you got some extra sleep too.
    Hope today brings renewed happiness! You deserve it. <3:)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @MrSunshinez I loved reading your list. Very good thinking. I have always said to myself that God wants us to be happy, to enjoy life, to laugh, to love and to help others. Sounds like your philosophies are right along that track.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Btw, I can say my own story... I have always been a social fun drinker and I have let it get out of hand. Thought I knew my limits and watched over others. I have lost my limits and now decided to stop drinking for a period.

Yes, my limits are gone. No self regulation goes on in my brain when I drink.
    I think you are stopping for a period at the right time. Then, you can determine how you want to proceed. Maybe you’ll be a “once in awhile” drinker and save it for special moments. But it’s good to press the reset button in Dry January.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Have you ever woke up and said “Thank GOD , I didn’t drink last night.” I know I do say that! Today I am so grateful for day 5 AF.
    Here’s one of most fav short videos on alcoholism. 9 min. Long.
    https://youtu.be/kI-BhQGwDO8