Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My confession is that no matter how hard I try, I CAN NOT suck on a cough drop or hard candy until it's gone. I ALWAYS end up biting it and chewing it.

I used to try and test myself on how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. It was torture.

That commmercial torchered many children
    I never was able to do that
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    A couple weeks ago I was planning a nice, Caribbean vacay. We decided to put it on hold until the gov't shut down is over. I have a fear of missing my flight bc it could take 5 hours to clear customs...

So - we are opting for a weekender in Asheville. I am getting so excited. Obviously nothing excites me like travel.

@melissafeagins - how far is this from you?

90 miles and there's a celiac friendly place called The French Broad Chocolate lounge. You just give me a time and I am in for Asheville. 😁
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession' I wanted to spend some time with my girl yesterday so we got our nails done. Mine were in desperate need because I had literally broken all of them since I had the acrylics taken off to let my own nails breathe. However, I feel really guilty this morning for spending over $100 at the nail salon.
    Yes, Mo, I know that I told you this is how I pay myself for the maid jobs I do. This is not rational. It's just guilt.
    Plus, I almost never pay for hers. She has three black nails a silver nail, and a pink nail on each hand. Apparently three of her five classes are "killing my soul" and this is a representation of how she feels about this semester so far.

I don't blame you for feeling guilty, honestly. $100 is a lot to spend on 2 people getting their nails done. :grimace: Why was it SO much?

Because I did the powder dip instead of shellac. The dip is $10 more, but allegedly lasts longer. If I can go 5 weeks instead of 3 before I need a fill in, the extra is worth it.
    Then she had 3 colors, which I can see the extra charge for, but she did not tell me she was doing. 🙄. It was $95 for two full sets and then I had to tip two people.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    We finally got a semi cold front, nothing like you guys up north. It still makes me want to curl up inside!

Got a pretty good pic of the lunar eclipse last night.t86entmynub6.jpg

Awesome picture! Looks like it should be in a magazine.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I was planning a nice, Caribbean vacay. We decided to put it on hold until the gov't shut down is over. I have a fear of missing my flight bc it could take 5 hours to clear customs...

So - we are opting for a weekender in Asheville. I am getting so excited. Obviously nothing excites me like travel.

90 miles and there's a celiac friendly place called The French Broad Chocolate lounge. You just give me a time and I am in for Asheville. 😁

Chocolate lounge - I’m in!! I’ll DM you :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    We finally got a semi cold front, nothing like you guys up north. It still makes me want to curl up inside!

Thanks, Kelly!! I wish my pics when the eclipse was full came out better. I need to learn to adjust my settings better.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I hope it's over before Feb 14 when I leave for Iceland.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    My confession is that no matter how hard I try, I CAN NOT suck on a cough drop or hard candy until it's gone. I ALWAYS end up biting it and chewing it.

I used to try and test myself on how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. It was torture.

Yup, can't do that either.
    I can suck on a candy cane until the end is pointy enough to stab someone/something though :D:D

Certainly a skill!
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Thanks, Kelly!! I wish my pics when the eclipse was full came out better. I need to learn to adjust my settings better.

The darker it is the longer your exposure needs to be. Play with it at a fireworks show. That's how I learned.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Nursery called me while I'm at work to tell me baby girl is grumpy and wouldn't eat lunch or take a nap, but no need to come get her, it's just a courtesy call. If I don't need to come get her, I think I'd almost rather not know!! I never felt guilty when I went back to work after my first kid, but I sure do second time around.

I agree! They could tell you when you go to pick her up!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Nursery called me while I'm at work to tell me baby girl is grumpy and wouldn't eat lunch or take a nap, but no need to come get her, it's just a courtesy call. If I don't need to come get her, I think I'd almost rather not know!! I never felt guilty when I went back to work after my first kid, but I sure do second time around.

I agree, too! No blood, no vomit - no call! LOL
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I agree! They could tell you when you go to pick her up!

Agreed!
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I am/was also on team "Don't call me if I don't need to do anything." Whom are you helping?
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Agreed, if they just wanted to inform you they could have done that at the end of the day, when you could baby her.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not just being a mean, uncaring mum. So many other mums call nursery in the day just to check their kids are ok and I rarely do. If I didn't trust these people, I wouldn't leave my kids with them at all!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    It's my wedding anniversary Saturday. Our marriage will be old enough to drink! ;) Hubby just offered to take me to Mary Poppins. He's such a good guy. I know he doesn't want to see it, and I do. <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Glad I'm not just being a mean, uncaring mum. So many other mums call nursery in the day just to check their kids are ok and I rarely do. If I didn't trust these people, I wouldn't leave my kids with them at all!

I was the same way.