Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I guess the advertising is to reel you in and the flavour keeps you buying... deception is the god of advertising. :unamused:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So.. I about ate a whole (Large) bag of popcorn thinking it was only going to cost me 100 calories. The box says it makes 4 cups popped, and at 25 calories per cup (at work, no scale) it should be 100 calories per bag. Well I'm dumping it into these little styrofoam cups we have at work that are just over 1 cup by volume. About the 3rd "cup" in, I find that there is still half of the popcorn in the bag. Well I had one more "cup" and am saving the other half bag until tomorrow. But I find it rather annoying and perplexing that I had to do a google search, and use a dang calculator to figure out how much is in a whole bag. Why the heck can't they just say "one whole bag is x cups and x number of calories". Do they think people won't buy it when they find out the "truth"? It doesn't stop people from buying that 2100 calorie plate at a resturaunt, so why would it stop someone from buying thier brand of popcorn? Stupid misleading popcorn, LOL. And my dumbass even fell for their tricky marketing play at the grocery store too. "Ooh, 100 calorie bags! Makes 4 cups.. Brilliant! I will buy this one!". Nope it's more like 311 for the whole bag. Not a big deal really.

TLDR Confession: Having to do math to figure out actual servings per container is annoying and inconvenient. How dare they. :tongue:

Microwave popcorn is THE WORST! Why can't they just say, "This bag, in total, popped, is 311 calories."
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your pup <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    We have the Houston Cookoff next week, so my diet will be a wreck. I could probably keto it though. Lots of meat there! :D My oldest dog is probably about to make the trip across the rainbow bridge. She has a very hard time moving around and she is developing growths in her mouth that are probably painful.

I'm so sorry. That's really hard. HUGS!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Aww. Poor puppy. :cry: I'm sorry to hear about your pup.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Confession: I've had a cold since end of last week. Most calorie counting has just gone completely out the window. Now that the cold is nearing it's end, and I feel more human today then I have in a few days. Which means it's back to the program. Boo. LOL. But I am excited to be able to get going on my exercise again. I don't think I'm ready to get really serious again 'til after Valentine's day though.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    We have the Houston Cookoff next week, so my diet will be a wreck. I could probably keto it though. Lots of meat there! :D My oldest dog is probably about to make the trip across the rainbow bridge. She has a very hard time moving around and she is developing growths in her mouth that are probably painful.

Sorry sweet doggo!

I like dogs more than most people
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I like all dogs more than people and I am so very sorry for your family, LeeAnn. It's the worst.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I worked 11.5 hours today. And at the very end, I went into the bathroom and there was a single red m&m on the floor. I work with the worst people....

Maybe the Easter Bunny used your restroom?!? ;)
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I worked 11.5 hours today. And at the very end, I went into the bathroom and there was a single red m&m on the floor. I work with the worst people....

The Easter Bunny should not take open food in the bathroom either...
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

maybe it fell out of someone's purse
  • quiksylver296
    Options

The Easter Bunny poops jelly beans. I thought this time maybe he pooped M&Ms instead. It is the bathroom... ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So.. I about ate a whole (Large) bag of popcorn thinking it was only going to cost me 100 calories. The box says it makes 4 cups popped, and at 25 calories per cup (at work, no scale) it should be 100 calories per bag. Well I'm dumping it into these little styrofoam cups we have at work that are just over 1 cup by volume. About the 3rd "cup" in, I find that there is still half of the popcorn in the bag. Well I had one more "cup" and am saving the other half bag until tomorrow. But I find it rather annoying and perplexing that I had to do a google search, and use a dang calculator to figure out how much is in a whole bag. Why the heck can't they just say "one whole bag is x cups and x number of calories". Do they think people won't buy it when they find out the "truth"? It doesn't stop people from buying that 2100 calorie plate at a resturaunt, so why would it stop someone from buying thier brand of popcorn? Stupid misleading popcorn, LOL. And my dumbass even fell for their tricky marketing play at the grocery store too. "Ooh, 100 calorie bags! Makes 4 cups.. Brilliant! I will buy this one!". Nope it's more like 311 for the whole bag. Not a big deal really.

TLDR Confession: Having to do math to figure out actual servings per container is annoying and inconvenient. How dare they. :tongue:

Microwave popcorn is THE WORST! Why can't they just say, "This bag, in total, popped, is 311 calories."

Exactly! I hate trying to figure out the calories from popcorn.

Usually it's something I don't eat often, but when I do it's usually a brand that has it popped already.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Aww poor pup! Sending hugs.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

The Easter Bunny poops jelly beans. I thought this time maybe he pooped M&Ms instead. It is the bathroom... ;)

I wonder if someone makes Easter Bunnies that poop out candy?

They have the reindeer haha.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

Exactly! I hate trying to figure out the calories from popcorn.

Usually it's something I don't eat often, but when I do it's usually a brand that has it popped already.

Like Skinny Pop! I love that popcorn. However, there is something so satisfying about warm fresh popcorn. I suppose I could just get brown paper bags and pop my own measured and weighed popcorn... But who has time that? :wink: