March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Squish815 Congrats on that cake, er longest run! Way to go in that wind too! Yikes! I had a hard time just walking in it the other day.

Thank you @Elise4270 The only upside was the few times the wind was behind me, pretty sure that helped me pace! Hope you're allowed a wade in the pool at your follow up!

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Squish815 wrote: »
    After overdoing it at the gym Monday followed by Zumba on Tuesday, I decided to celebrate my legs feeling normal again today by running the longest distance I have ever run! *mini celebration dance*

WELL DONE!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary and @Avidkeo and any other New Zealanders in the group - what a shocking thing to have happened. Coming from a country that also has very rare incidents such as this (our last in 2011 and before that 1996 - the incident that led to the banning of handguns in the UK) I know what you are feeling. And it just isn't how New Zealand is assumed to be. It's a peaceful nation (except the whole LOTR thing), and for this to happen just shows how twisted people's minds have become. sorry for such a sad end to your birthday @ContraryMaryMary - but it looks like you had a great day

I'm sorry to say that I've become rather hardened to gun violence as a reality of life in the US - after Sandy Hook in particular, it just felt like nothing would change and I had to go on with my life or spend all my time in a ball under the blankets. I've been humbled seeing some of the younger generation speaking up more recently, however, so who knows what the future may hold. Anyhow, it hurts my heart to see this happen in a more peaceful country like New Zealand, and I'm thinking of all of you, as well as Muslim communities all across the world.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    So for those of us from the lands down under... I just listened to an interview with someone from New Zealand and I noticed that EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE stated with "Yeah" 🤔

Is that a thing down there in NZ? It did not matter if he was asked a question or anything. He literally just said "yeah" anytime he wanted to talk.

Yeah, we say yeah a lot. Yeah-nah even more. When I was living in London I was mocked for saying actually a lot.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Run well, @MobyCarp!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So for those of us from the lands down under... I just listened to an interview with someone from New Zealand and I noticed that EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE stated with "Yeah" 🤔

Is that a thing down there in NZ? It did not matter if he was asked a question or anything. He literally just said "yeah" anytime he wanted to talk.

Yeah, we say yeah a lot. Yeah-nah even more. When I was living in London I was mocked for saying actually a lot.

in the midwest of the us, we say "ope", i had no idea till someone mentioned it
    cv5yiqj9hn7o.png
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @workaholic_nurse I'm a bit sore from the run for some reason, but the fall didn't seem to leave any lasting pain. I've never heard of a race which required entrants to bring snacks for the aid station. I like Oreos, M&M's, orange slices, banana halves, pickles, pretzles, and miniature candy bars like snickers. Fireball is nice too.

Instead of an entry fee, the race organizers have requested this. Works for me!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm actually excited I found this! Not a super awesome runner but I would like to get in at least 3 miles daily. I've done a few 5ks in the past 2 years and I absolutely love it. I have one coming up next month. Hopefully a 10k by the end of the year for the Resolution Run. *crossing fingers*

hi :)
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm actually excited I found this! Not a super awesome runner but I would like to get in at least 3 miles daily. I've done a few 5ks in the past 2 years and I absolutely love it. I have one coming up next month. Hopefully a 10k by the end of the year for the Resolution Run. *crossing fingers*

Welcome and <3 the profile pic!