March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - have you watched the new season of Grace and Frankie?
    @PastorVincent - for CA this may be the last time we have to change. Voters here overwhelmingly approved ending it but it does still have to be approved by Congress so we'll see.
    @HonuNui - the Ti Leaf lei is gorgeous!

Epic falls - my most embarrassing was coming through the gate at the parking lot end of the (paved) trail near me. I have no idea what happened, what I tripped on (apparently nothing or my own feet). Next thing I know I was flying ending on the ground with torn capris (my favorite), bloodied knees, hands and elbows and Hobbes licking my face with concern. Oh and I forgot to mention, the parking lot was full of cyclists all staring at me. Notably not a single one came to ask if I was ok. I hobbled to the bathroom to rinse my hands and elbows and then walked the mile home bleeding... no paper towels in the facilities, just air blowers and the toilet paper was useless.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    samathes wrote: »
    I'm at a high! I couldn't run a mile without stopping in high school. Now at 37 years old, I ran 3.55! I might be overweight (a work in progress) but I'm in the best shape of my life.
    March challenge: 3.55
    Total so far: 8.52

That's GREAT!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    samathes wrote: »
    I'm at a high! I couldn't run a mile without stopping in high school. Now at 37 years old, I ran 3.55! I might be overweight (a work in progress) but I'm in the best shape of my life.
    March challenge: 3.55
    Total so far: 8.52

YAY!!! Well done!!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - for CA this may be the last time we have to change. Voters here overwhelmingly approved ending it but it does still have to be approved by Congress so we'll see.

If I am ever elected president, I will put an end to it in the USA.

You've got my vote.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Umbrella Academy? Also if you haven't seen it Santa Clarita Diet is definitely stupid, funny, dark and twisted.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Wed., I did 6 miles on the treadmill.

Had not yet posted or updated ticker because I wasn't feeling well and ended up in the ER a few hours later. I got out of the hospital today minus a gall bladder, so am updating my ticker. Unfortunately, I am not supposed to run for now. This puts some real dent in my training for races next month (4/6 - Hogeye Marathon / Springdale, AR; 4/13 - Flint Hills Trail Marathon / Manhattan, KS; 4/20 - Double Chubb 50K / Eureka, MO). They were going to suck before as training wasn't going well (maybe I blame a continuously worsening gall bladder?), but will really suck with this decrease in training. I still hope to at least be able to finish them.

exercise.png

Yuck! Hope the recovery goes well and fast!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all!

Yesterday was a non running day. Instead hubby and I took our girls to some lakes about an hr drive away. We had a blast swimming, kayaking and playing.
    cox0chiey8ej.jpg
    c49j0f9h6s2s.jpg
    q9ewett9ifw0.jpg
    kj22pum5uhdt.jpg

I also had to bake a cake with my new mixer (of course!) so made a banana cake - similar to banana bread but mister and more cake like than bread.
    455ut7gq5dq2.jpg
    aeqxqtsns1ir.jpg

It's Sunday today and I'm taking another rest day. All the stretching and massage seems to have helped and my shin splints appear to have started to resolve. 8m going to have another rest today then next week start slowly building again. I have a 19k in a month I'm going to do, plenty of time to get back up there before then.

Anything with chocolate sprinkles has to be good!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Umbrella Academy? Also if you haven't seen it Santa Clarita Diet is definitely stupid, funny, dark and twisted.
    shanaber wrote: »
    @elise4270 - have you watched the new season of Grace and Frankie?

@HonuNui - the Ti Leaf lei is gorgeous!

Epic falls - my most embarrassing was coming through the gate at the parking lot end of the (paved) trail near me. I have no idea what happened, what I tripped on (apparently nothing or my own feet). Next thing I know I was flying ending on the ground with torn capris (my favorite), bloodied knees, hands and elbows and Hobbes licking my face with concern. Oh and I forgot to mention, the parking lot was full of cyclists all staring at me. Notably not a single one came to ask if I was ok. I hobbled to the bathroom to rinse my hands and elbows and then walked the mile home bleeding... no paper towels in the facilities, just air blowers and the toilet paper was useless.
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Elise4270 I was also going to suggest Umbrella Academy. It was surprisingly good.

Yup watched them. Russian Doll was also good.
  • echo331
    echo331 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    3/7- 2.15 mi (brisk walk)
    3/8- N/A
    3/9- 1.3 mi (brisk walk)

March Goal = 15 miles (& working up to running)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    @Elise4270 have you seen the haunting of hill house?

No... 👻 will look for it! Ta!
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp what great pics and description! That looked freezing but beautiful...
    @Avidkeo omg, your cake! Soooo tasty looking!

Gorgeous sunny run today, and I finally dressed appropriately, so that was much improved! I’m looking forward to this weekend and actually racing a 5K for the first time—I have run quite a few, but always with my kids, and have stuck this one. My daughter is also running this one with me but has given me the ok to race it (and let me know she’s happy if I do so she’ll feel freer to walk :) )

March goal: 60 miles

3/2 6 mi
    3/3 cross (easy bike ~10 mi)
    3/5 4 mi
    3/7 4 mi TM
    3/9 6 mi

March total: 20 mi

Races:
    3/16 Kirkland Shamrock Run 5K
    5/6 Vancouver BMO Half Marathon?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk.........Pushups
    03/01........00M.......3.5M........30
    03/02........20M.......0.0M........00
    03/03........00M.......0.0M........00 *injury*
    03/04........06M.......0.0M........00
    03/05........04M.......1.0M........00
    03/06........00M.......0.0M........25
    03/07........11M.......0.0M........00
    03/08........16M.......0.0M........00
    03/09........09M.......0.0M........00

---MTD: 4.5 miles walking, 65 miles running, and 0KM resting

Real short run, behind in posts, company on its way for dinner! TTFN :)

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.