3/3: 2.32
    3/5: 1.68
    3/6: 3.05
    3/9: 2.22
    3/10: 1.71
    3/13: 3.13
    3/14: 2.34
    Total: 16.45

Me, upon finding out my husband brought home a dog: "I can take it for a walk, its been through training for tracking so it won't get tired."

Dog: *sniffs every surface along that mile stretch, including a 5 minute stop while it wonders what atrocities occurred where a deer had been hit by a truck two weeks ago.*

Me: *Worn out from coaxing the dog along my route* "Maybe I will take her for a shorter stretch of my walk tomorrow."

nose work is a job
    running is a job. and it can be trained. just like nose work :)
    my dogs are not allowed to sniff while we run. their job is to run.
    x8cbuuvh34he.png

This^^^ I was going to say just what @mbaker566 said. I have several friends with tracking trained dogs (they compete in tracking events) and they also run agility. The dogs know the difference and don't sniff during agility. I would initially teach your dog a 'leave it' command and once it understands it isn't to sniff the walks should be better. You can also teach a release word when you are at a point where the dog can sniff for a bit. If Hobbes the Vizsla were allowed to sniff at will we would never leave our neighborhood and be out for hours, but like @mbaker566's dogs he knows when we are running that is what we are doing.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary and @Avidkeo and any other New Zealanders in the group - what a shocking thing to have happened. Coming from a country that also has very rare incidents such as this (our last in 2011 and before that 1996 - the incident that led to the banning of handguns in the UK) I know what you are feeling. And it just isn't how New Zealand is assumed to be. It's a peaceful nation (except the whole LOTR thing), and for this to happen just shows how twisted people's minds have become. sorry for such a sad end to your birthday @ContraryMaryMary - but it looks like you had a great day
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Do you ever have a feeling like your leg gives out while running? I had that twice right at the end. It was my calf muscle or side of calf that just felt a little numb and like it wasn't going to hold. No pain at all. I walked a bit and it seemed ok but then it happened again so I called it quits. Maybe just a little muscle spasm of some kind?

Yes. I have lost my complete right leg many times. It really sucks when you are at Walmart and have to get the groceries and somehow drive home still. Eventually, after x-rays and chiropractors and doctors who all failed to do anything to help, I learned it was the sciatic nerve being pinched, and I learned how to unpinch it from a PT. That PT saved me from back surgery.

Might not be your issue at all. Mine slowly got worse until it was debilitating.

Thanks for mentioning this. Neural impingement does sound like a possibility, but regardless you reminded me I hadn't done my PT exercises for my SI joint which could be related.

@ContraryMaryMary looks like a lovely birthday!

So horrific about the mosque attacks, it's heartbreaking to hear this has happened again in another part of the world (especially where this kind of violence is so rare).
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So for those of us from the lands down under... I just listened to an interview with someone from New Zealand and I noticed that EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE stated with "Yeah" 🤔

Is that a thing down there in NZ? It did not matter if he was asked a question or anything. He literally just said "yeah" anytime he wanted to talk.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @kristinegift- I hope your knee heals quickly. You are not alone. I raced hard this weekend and now my hamstrings are not thanking me for it. I had to abort my run after 2 miles on Tuesday and am resting until tomorrow. Of course, it was 60 and sunny here yesterday. Driving home from work it seemed like everyone in the world emerged from their caves to be outside and it was killing me. At least I got in a nice long dog walk with my husband when I got home.

@lporter Thanks! The worst part is that it is finally nice weather... warm but not humid yet, and I just want to enjoy it! Hope you get a good bit of running in soon!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Looks like you had an awesome birthday. Congratulations!

3-1 Rest
    3-2 10.5k easy
    3-3 11k slow
    3-4 10.5k recovery
    3-5 Rest
    3-6 7k slow
    3-7 10.5k easy
    3-8 Rest
    3-9 11k easy
    3-10 7k recovery
    3-11 8.5k slow
    3-12 Rest
    3-13 7k slow
    3-15 7k easy
    3-16 Rest

March Total: 90k
    March Goal: 175k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Scheduled rest day today.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K
    6-1 Freedom 5K
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K
  • saramagd
    saramagd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    3/3: 3.1Km
    4/3: 12.2Km
    6/3: 4.0Km
    7/3: 6.0km
    10/3: 11.2Km
    14/3: 3.1Km

Total: 39.6Km
    Total to go: 28.4Km
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    So for those of us from the lands down under... I just listened to an interview with someone from New Zealand and I noticed that EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE stated with "Yeah" 🤔

Is that a thing down there in NZ? It did not matter if he was asked a question or anything. He literally just said "yeah" anytime he wanted to talk.

Having conducted a highly scientific survey of youtube clips of actors from New Zealand, it does seem that "yeah" might be the kiwi equivalent of "uh" or "um". The worst offender I found was the kid from Riverdale followed by the kid from Deadpool 2, so there might be an age element?